It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:29 am 

I downloaded the CVA 767ER from the fleet page for use in FS9. That dog just don't hunt. It stalled in the climb and could not gain airspeed in the step climb. I eventually switched to the 777 to do the flight I was on.

Are these aircraft not tested before being endorsed for a FS version? They should be. If they don't work, they shouldn't be there.

I am not meaning to criticize the development team, they do marvellous work! I am suggesting that we tighten things up a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:27 am 
Site Admin

Yep. I agree Ken.

Fleet testing is a big part of the VA - mind you, the LDS767 is the only 76 anyone should be flying... ;)

I have had discussions with Tom McCall and Bill Haystead, and am planning a get together for CVA management types (even if there is no President) - who cares, let's just get some stuff cleared up and rolling, is what I thinks.

So, I'd like to get the interested parties together after Christmas (perhaps via ICQ) to bash out some plans.

So, current H/C's, Fleet team, etc. Please be ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:56 am 

Check your weights and fuel loadings. Posky has the 767 preloaded with passengers and Cargo, so you're quite limited in what you can load for fuel.

We used to have a testing program for all new fleet additions... Hasn't been happening lately though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:43 am 

As I recall, Keith, I did do what I could with fuel, but the loading made no sense. IIRC, the load would not sit in the envelope so I chalked it up to an incompatible model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:34 pm 

Must be the center of gravity issue. Let me look into it after work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:44 pm 
There has been an issue with this Posky release as long as I can remember, dating back to FS2K2 as well. Even virtually empty it just doesn't like going above FL300 or thereabouts. It would be nice if someone, somewhere could get this bird fixed while we wait for the LDS since the PIC won't fly in 2K4!:blues:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Not sure about the rest of ya but Keith helped me out.

I dropped the fuel to 50% on all the tanks and tried a flight. Same problem as everyone else had previously but did a step climb and worked fine.

By default the plane loaded with 100% fuel and it's hard getting it about 31,000 ft. It just drops like a rock but if you drop the fuel and step climb you'll be fine. I was cruising along at FL350 happily once I got the fuel down.

Cheers!

Darryl Brambilla
CVA7769

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:15 am 

Alrighty then. I will forget the history and try it again and post back; hopefully by the end of the week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:34 am 

Okay, I tried again with no pax and 50% fuel and the climb still...well, didn't.

I remembered that one of the pilots in our CASARA group flies for AC (Airbus) and just started his upgrade to the 767; so I wrote to ask him about the actual climb rates. He replied that he has not yet started his simulator training, but passed on the following information. I thought I would share it with you even though it is far from complete, and I will update this forum when I hear more:

Hi Ken;

I can't answer your question from personal experience - yet. But I dug into the performance manual, and under ISA to ISA +10 conditions, a fully loaded B767-300 (184,600 kg) would be somewhat less than 180,000 kg at initial cruise altitude of approx FL310. If I read the charts correctly, weight for optimum altitude of FL330 would be down around 160,000 kg. A weight of 140,000 kg would show an optimum altitude near FL350, and a weight of 130,000 kg indicates an optimum altitude of FL370 with a capability of FL390 if needed.

We use the FMC (flight management computer) to give us performance predictions for this sort of stuff as it also considers entries for increasing/decreasing winds, temperature deviations from ISA, etc.

Climb rates down low apparently are pretty good, but anywhere near optimum it get's to be close to a cruise climb scenario where the climb peters out to 500 fpm or so.

When I get into the real airplane I'll have access to a lot more data and can probably give you a better answer at that time, (or at least appear to be a bit more credible.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:47 am 

Ken give me a few days and I'll build you a 767-300 that works in FS2004

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:42 am 

That would be great, Bill. Thanks for the offer. Be warned though, a 767 today, the world tomorrow!! :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:32 am 

What does Bill know about 767's anyways? Sheesh, the guy should go start a club or something.... :laugh: :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:38 pm 

Ken,

Tell me a bit about yourself.

I need some ideas for the nose art. ;)

Until then, it looks like this. She ain't PIC767 or LVD767, but I made FL410 with 60% fuel in 21 minutes. No stall and .81M. Fin number 868 and Reg C-GCKM.

I'll release it before the multi flight on the 5th. so everyone has a B767 for FS9

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:17 pm 

Bill, I love you more and more each day....

Sigh....

And about Ken. He's a sneaky, whiley old fart. Easily offended and prone to explosions of emotion at the drop of a hat.

My vote for nose art would be the black "spy vs spy" dude with a bomb in his hand. Old, sneaky and explosive!

LMAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:56 pm 

Gee, thanks a@@h@@@, er, Keith. But you did sum it up pretty well. How about the CA goose on the nose?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next