Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:38 am 

Here is the DC-4 Readme

Manifold Gauge

The MAX continuous manifold pressure is 42"
Yellow Arc 42.1 to 46.9
Red Arc 47 and up

You have about 10 min in the YELLOW (Remember to reduce after take off)
Not much at all in the RED
The engines may fail if these limits are exceeded.

OXYGEN GAUGE

The Oxygen switch must be on above 12000 feet. you may pass out with out Oxygen above this altitude. you have 2 hour of oxygen in the tank and it will auto refill stopped on the ground. If you do pass out (Blurred vision and loss of control) with luck you may recover at or below 8000 feet.

The PANEL Switching gauge is resizable and can be moved and closed (bottom right of switching panel) if you can't see it you can toggle the panel switching gauge using the screw to the left of the #1 prop feathering button.

If you have an engine failure,
1. Fly the aircraft
2. Feather the failed engine
3. Turn off fuel pumps to that engine or a fire may be started.

If you have an engine fire,
1. ensure the fuel is off to that engine
2. click the center of the flashing fire extinguisher to arm the fire bottle
3. click on the left or right of the handle to fire the left or right fire bottle squib.
4. if fire continues fire opposite squib.

The fuel tank to engine switching, default is all engines run off all tanks.
If you change from the default the engines can be run off any tank you require, EG: ENG 4 can run off left tank and #1 #2 #3 engines off of the center. Your choice. or #1 #2 off the right tank and #3 #4 off the left tank. Running them all off the center tank, will cause that tank to decrease rapidly.

The low fuel comes on at 10% of each Left and right tank the center tank has no low fuel light.

To reset a failed engine you must be on the ground and stopped. then click twice the same screw left of the #1 prop feathering button.
This aircraft seems to ICE up quickly (Not my doing) but turn on anti-ice when temperature is 0* or below.
You may see the manifold pressure start to decrease for no apparent reason , turn on the carb heat.

Enjoy, I did this panel to try and not forget about engine parameters while on a take off roll and it started to snowball. This is my first attempt at panel and gauge design so if you have any problems or would like to see some changes in this panel, email me at heli_mech@shaw.ca and I'll see what I can do.

Image....Image

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]