It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:54 pm 

I have recently completed the vatsim tests, and have started flyng on it, but I seem to be missing some files. I am hopiing someone can help me with this.......

When joining Vatsim, flying the Jetstream31, I get....
missing file....csl_icoa.csv...aircraft may not be seen correctly.

I have seen some discussion on this but do not really understand what exactly these files do.

I seem to be missing a Airspeed indicator on My PC12......?

When loading the Twin Otter, I am missing gps.gau. Not that I care for the GPS, as I don't use it, but it crashes my FS when I ignore the warning.

Oh ya, what is squawk code "C" ?????
Can't seem to find any manuals for SquawkBox, other then the dot comands.

How does one get "atis' when there is no controler???

Last, I don't seem to be on the YVR roster, but appear on the Auto VA list ???

Thats enough for know..... I have more questions but these are the most pressing ones.

James/CVA69

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:34 pm 

James, once the Academy is on-line, all these answers will be answered for you.

VATSIM has a pilot resource center you can look at in the mean time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:28 pm 

Thanks, maybe I am being lazy, but my brain feels like it is going to explode.......reading/learning/being tested & tested & tested.......

James/CVA69....looking for the easy way out.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:14 pm 
Hah . . . . we blew up another one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:27 pm 
Now seriously:

"When joining Vatsim, flying the Jetstream31, I get....
missing file....csl_icoa.csv...aircraft may not be seen correctly."

The CSL files allow other pilots connected to VATSIM to see your aircraft as it exists, more or less, in your FS. It will generally appear in a CSL livery - white, pastel green, blecch, but there. The error message is just telling you that there is no CSL for your aircraft, so other pilots will see you in whatever they are flying. Not a biggy, don't worry about it.

"I seem to be missing a Airspeed indicator on My PC12......?"

For this one, I defer to Keith Henry, our resident PC12 expert who should be able to help you out. It's obvious you need help as you have put the PC12 in your hangar.

"When loading the Twin Otter, I am missing gps.gau. Not that I care for the GPS, as I don't use it, but it crashes my FS when I ignore the warning."

I'm not familiar with this particular issue. I'm sure there is another member of CVA who can advise you, perhaps our CVAAE team. I seem to recall from somewhere back in the far recesses of my mind that there was something on a previous iteration of the website that had a fix for this, but don't quote me.

"Oh ya, what is squawk code "C" ??"

Ah, yes grasshopper, squawk mode C. To do so, ensure the four digit code on your radio panel, usually set to 1200 as a default is set to the code that ATC supplies you when getting clearance. If no ATC, leave it as it is (risking the wrath of BVC). On the SquawkBox window, if you right click a menu will open up. Near the top you will see a line "squawk standby". Make sure that is not checked. A check indicates you are in standby and no squawk code will be displayed to ATC so they can track you. A lack of a check mark indicates that you are squawking "C" and can be tracked for deconfliction with other pilots. On a side note, if you fly into my airspace with no mode "C", do not respond to my VHF/UHF hails, I get to send a missile up your rear!

"Can't seem to find any manuals for SquawkBox, other then the dot comands."

Check the VATSIM pilot resource centre for answers, there are several links to very good SB tutorials.

"How does one get "atis' when there is no controler???"

You can't. Download SERVINFO and get your weather from there is the easiest solution.

"Last, I don't seem to be on the YVR roster, but appear on the Auto VA list"

If the YVR roster is anything like my YHZ roster, it's manually updated. I do mine once per month. So, recommendation, give it time.

Welcome to CVA. Use this forum to ask your questions, check the info "FAQ" page frequently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:17 am 

Couple things RE: the PC-12 and Twin Otter - What aircraft are you using? The CVA planes? If so, what simulator are you running? FS9 perhaps?

The twin-otter should be compatible with FS9, although the PC-12 in our hanger is not, really. A new PC-12 should be ready for FS9 use in about a month...

Yes, the YVR roster must be updated manually. As CVA management in in the process of making some HUGE changes to the site, I have decided to hold off on any updates until the changes are made. You will appear there... Soon... :D

To receive ATIS when connected to VATSIM, even when no controller is present, open up Squawk Box. Click the "F" button on the left of the window and a rudimentary FMS screen will open. Now click the green ACARS button. If you have entered a flight plan into SB, you can click the button on the left next to ORIGIN. This will give you current VATSIM weather for where you are.

Or, you can click the buttons to enter the ICAO code of ANY airport and click ICAO ID ON SCRATCHPAD. If there's a weather reporting station at that airport, you'll get it's ATIS.

Oh, remember, Tom's full of it. He doesn't really have a missle. Worst thing he'll do is call you a Mook... :laugh:

If you need anything else, let us know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:07 am 

Hi James. Welcome to CVA!

Just an additional bit of info regarding squawk mode Charlie and Standby.

When you first connect to VATSIM, make sure you are squawking STANDBY. Also, most ATC want you to continue squawking standby until you enter the active runway, then will want you to squawk mode Charlie. THIS IS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE....ATC at some of the busier airports may want you to squawk C when you start taxi. No worries...they'll let you know, or you may find the info in the controllers "ATIS" window in ServInfo.

Enjoy flying online...we'll see you out there!

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:33 am 
Henry, bite me. We don't need no stinkin' missiles to knock you out of the sky . . . . just give you the controls and gravity takes over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:57 pm 

Now now, you should keep your battles in the "AIR"....not enough CFS to rid you of your anger??? :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for the help.....my brain cleared when I went looking for Daryls Dash8 on AVSIM.....I noticed the gauges in a seprate zip file.....still learning what all these files do I fired up the aircaraft and none of the guages worked....:O I wonder why ??? To make a long story short I went back and started installing them.....:D they worked....not noing this cockpit and being an analog guy....(I Love DC3's ) I abandoned the idea of last nights multi.......It would have been a good laugh watching me fumble around in the sky as I tried to figure out that cockpit:(

Anyway back to the PC12.....I fixed it....took it up for a spin and I think I broke it again.....was really vibrating when I was taxing after I landed.....Blew a tire I think......BACK TO THE HANGER.

As far as the Twin OTTER GOES I am mising the FILE "GAUGES\gps500a.GAU", as I remeber reading @ some point I my be able to disable FS from looking for this gauge??? IF not, can some that may have it send me a copy??? katron@telus.net

Thanks James/CVA69 ----- I think I should create a signature:O

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]