It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:51 pm 

This is a general break down of flightsim's file structure.
I am doing this to help those that have frustration in installing aircraft into FS

-----

One:

The general tree.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9

In this folder is found everything but the FS9 config file which is in XXXXXXXXXX is your login for your computer

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXX\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9

inside C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9 you'll find the aircraft folder, effects, gauges, modules. For the most part you'll only have to deal with aircraft

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft

Now in here we have you aircraft. If you have downloaded the B757 in the las few days then it will look like this

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Canadian Virtual B757-200a

Canadian Virtual B757-200a is the folder name we will deal with

Here is where you find the aircraft config file. Here is the area of that config file you will some time need to tweek to get things going.

Usually if you unzip an aircraft from AVSIM of Flightsim.com, there is a readme to install it. If in doubt, make a folder on your desktop and unzip using folder options to there. Then you will see the tree structure it was saved as. But it is easier you just do the readme's install notes.

Anyhow...Here we have the config's section about the aircraft.

[fltsim.0] ----this is the aircraft in that folder "0, 1, 2, 3," etc

title=B757 RR535E4 -- self explanitory

sim=B757-200-RR-RB211-535E4 --this is the B757-200-RR-RB211-535E4.air file reference. If you change the air file, you will edit this to reflect the new name on the new air file, and drop the .air on the end. Note above there is no .air in the line.

//add the two letters : VC for the VC model to the model= section
model=vc-- this shows that I am using the VC
panel= -- you can have extra panels in the folder as well and edit this like the air file example to reflect the second panel folder.

sound= -- same here
texture= -- same here
kb_checklists= -- same here
kb_reference= -- same here

note, if there is nothing after the equal sign then FS will load up the folder with just the name "Texture" "Sound" "Panel" etc.
i.e. texture=thrift There will be a folder called "Texture.thrift"

atc_id=C-GWVC --this you can edit if you like. No harm done
atc_airline=Canadian -- FS's ATC will use this to call you
atc_flight_number=303 -- same here
ui_manufacturer=Canadian Virtual --This shows the name you'll see in the menu wwhen selecting an aircraft
ui_type=757-200 --also in the menu
ui_variation=Canadian Vurtual 2004 --also in the menu, yes I just saw the spelling error. Go and change it. It will not harm the install.

description=Project Opensky
Boeing 757-200
Version 2004.8.0--- You can edit this all you like. the
then text is indication of a hard return for the fs munu window.
atc_heavy=0-- thsi is either 0 ot 1 1 being On

Hope this helps you out.

You can also use aliases.. But right now I am out of time.. I'll explain later on or if some one else would like to add to this, let's go.. step up and add some input for those who do not understand or have problems..

:;):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:50 pm 

Thanks Bill, After 2 years installing I find i still get spuked a little . your post helped me a bit and it is appriciated ,,,, no splwas when u can post about that aliases. as of yet i still copy and past whole panel and sound files i like to other A/C and as we all know it fills up the Memory real fast and slows the Sim down a bit too doing this :p . Thanks again.
Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:53 pm 

what the helll is (no splwas when u can post about that aliases.) I need Coffee I think it is suppose to be So when you can get a chanct to post about aliases lol:D
Terry:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:33 am 

[fltsim]
alias=b737_400\sound

------------

This is showing that the sound will be taken from the b737_400 sound folder. What ever is there will be used in this aircraft's sound when this is entered in the sound config for that aircraft.

Hope this helps.. sound weird but it is right..

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]