It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:52 pm 

Hey guys,

Im having trouble with my PMDG 747-400, I just got it and everything seems to be working fine except for the one thing where when I start FSX and the 747, I'll get my instrument/EICAS panels working for 1 minute or so, and then they all go black, its basically like the plane has lost power to those systems but the FMC works fine.
(the backup instruments also work)

I've been checking out other forums and the PMDG help thing, and its telling me how to fix a corrupted gauge/module dll?

Any thoughts? I don't think im doing anything wrong in the cockpit but im hoping I am, since im not too good at changing or editing these program files. :blush:

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:07 pm 

Shot in the dark here, I know nothing of that plane. It sounds like the panel is running on batteries, and when they run out the panel goes black. Are there generators to turn on? Electrical buses to play with? I know that doesn't explain your FMS still working, but maybe the battery power to it isn't simulated.

Hope that helps, just a thought.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like an installation issue. I don't think it authenticated your install correctly. I would uninstall it and try again. If the problem persists, contact PMDG, their support makes all the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:27 pm 

CVA8037 wrote:
Shot in the dark here, I know nothing of that plane. It sounds like the panel is running on batteries, and when they run out the panel goes black. Are there generators to turn on? Electrical buses to play with? I know that doesn't explain your FMS still working, but maybe the battery power to it isn't simulated.

Hope that helps, just a thought.

Well those were my initial thoughts, but is it possible the battery can't supply the plane with power for more than 1minute?

Yes it has buses and generators but I have those on, even when I set up the panel to engines started already, I still get the same problem.

As for validation, I did re-install it, but Woulden't the plane not work at all if it diden't validate properly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
As for validation, I did re-install it, but Woulden't the plane not work at all if it diden't validate properly?

Actually, I have heard that the model will still display but the validation is tied to the gauges somehow. After all, the PMDG is nothing if not a systems machine. If you are left with just the shell, then you have nothing more than a fancy Project Opensky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:30 am 

hmm I guess 3's the charm, I re-downloaded it again, and now it works! *happy dance*
I think I might have missed something when downloading it :blush:

Cya at the multi!

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:50 pm 

By the way.... wow does this plane rock! Tried doing a long flight, screwed up something in the FMC, cancelled that, then flew alongside with a youtube tutorial and everything went great!

Only thing I was puzzled on was that there was a yellow writing warning saying AUTOLAND not engaged or sumthing along those lines, do I have to turn it on manually? If not I think I know what my problem was, I diden't retract flaps untill too late, there was some fog and I misjudged how far away I was from the runway. Anyways it took me around again and I just landed her manually. VERY smooth and i'll never go back to using regular aircraft again xD

Next priority is getting me a yoke or joystick, the keyboard is killing me! :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]