It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:31 pm 

I downloaded the new CVA textures for the PSS DH8 as announced in the notams on the fleet page and got a couple of surprises. First off, when I unzipped them, I found three texture files; texture.yyz, texture.yhz and texture.yvr. I loaded yyz and then yvr and as far as I can tell they are both the same and I presume yhz is too. So what's with the three textures? The next surprise was when I saw the aircraft in CVA colours! The aircraft looks great, has the blue and white and red CVA olours along with the maple leaf plus CG-CVA registration but it has "Frontier" emblazoned aong the forward fusealge! I would have expected to see "Canadian" or something like that. Actually I expected to see a repaint closer to what Bill C did for the LDS767-300. Anyway, can anyone tell me what the significance of Frontier is in the CVA context? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:47 pm 

Oops! I have found the answer to my first question about the three texture files. Each texture places different artwork on the vertical fin and rudder, all very nicely done! YYZ incorportates the CN Tower, YVR incorporates a totem pole and YHZ incorportates the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove. A surprise for sure but a good one! Am still puzzled a bit by the "frontiers" but there's likely a good reason for it. Anyway, it a great paint job! So now its onwards to flight training module one! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:46 pm 
Frontiers is the CVA Equivalent of what Jazz is to Air Canada. Sounds better than Regional...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:30 pm 
Alyn is correct. Way back when the whole process began to re-energize the paint schemes, we decided to come up with a different identifier for our regional aircraft. We settled on Frontiers as most regional aircraft types are much too small to display "Canadian Frontiers" without covering the whole fuselage. Each hub has it's own distinctive tail design as an additional identifier. Enjoy the schemes. Can't believe I'm taking time out from sipping Heini's on the beach to check the forum pages - sad or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, Tom - I know what you mean - I was in the frickin South Pacific a few years back, and I found out that the newly minted "Business Centre" (the only 3 story building in Tonga) had internet access (fro FREE)... so that I could check out the forums... very sad.

How's beach life?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:18 pm 
Bloody lovely mate! C'mon down, I'm a little more red than I was a few days ago, but still the biggest loonie on Maho!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]