It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

[color=black]Kevin Stinson writes (in the FAQ): "I have downloaded all of the CVA planes for FS2004 but I can't figure out how to upload them onto the simulator. How do you get them on?"

Kevin,

Welcome to CVA.

You should be able to directly unzip the aircraft into the FS9/aircraft directory.

Without more specifics about the problem you are having, it's best if I leave it at that.

If my answer is unclear, post a reply to this thread with what specific problems you are having.

Also, this type of question is perfect for the CVAAE (CVA-Aircraft Engineering) forum, so don't be shy to post here.[/color]

Edited By DS on 1104695939

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:04 am 

It depends a great deal on how the creator of the aircraft has packaged it.

Some aircraft are very simple to install, others are a bit more complex. In general, there is usually a "readme.txt" file included in the download. If so, read it carefully.

The easiest way to figure it out is to open the root fs9 folder, usually located in c:\program files\microsoft games\fs9

Have a look at the folder contained in here. There are quite a few. Generally speaking, all of your planes will be in the "aircraft" folder.

For this example, let's say we downloaded the 737-800 for FS2004 from the fleet page. You should have a file called CVA7378GMX.zip on your harddrive. If you have WinXP, you should be able to view this file directly. If not, you may need Winzip, available at http://www.winzip.com

So, unzip the download into a temporary folder, like "c:\unzipped" if required. Now, have a look at what you have. First thing you see is a folder called CVA7378GMX. Let's open that folder.

When I look at this plane, I see that's pretty much complete and ready to go. It contains all the files that every FS aircraft needs.

Folders:
Model
Panel
Sound
Texture (in this case, it has the .cva extention. That's just fine, so long as the texture folder exists)

And the two critical files:

737800.air
aircraft.cfg

This is all that's required to make the plane go. But wait! I see some extra files in here. Most of them are just document or text files, which don't effect the flyability of the aircraft. The one that does catch my eye, is the effects.zip file. This tells me that the 738 has it's own "special effects" package included.

So, how do we get this into FS? Simple, go up one level and copy/paste the entire CVA7378GMX folder into the main FS9 aircraft folder. (look for it, it's there). The plane will now fly just fine.

But, remember that effects.zip file we saw earlier? Unzip this file and you will find 7 files ending in .fx. These files should be copied into the main FS9/effects folder.

Sometimes, if the aircraft has a custom panel included, you will also find some gauge files (.gau) These must be placed in the main FS9/gauges folder.

Also, there may be some sound files. (.wav) Put these in the FS9/sound folder.

That's it! If you need any more help, please email me at cva51@cablerocket.com

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]