It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:04 am 

Is it showing under Canadian Virtual in the select aircraft list? In the aircraft.cfg entries, the line-'ui_manufacturer=' determines where the planes show up in the aircraft select menu.
Hope this helped.

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:02 pm 

Heh - I did some editting and now I ONLY get the CVA texture on the list. I would be happy with that but now it crashes to desktop whenever I pick it. Oh well. No sweat. I am less worried about the look as how to fly the vasFMC....

Thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, no problem Rob. I have found out that the Dash 8 was packaged with an older version of the VasFMC. You can get the new version without much fuss. It comes as an installer, you just select your Flight Simulator 9 folder and run the installer. Since the gauge is named the same as the previous one, no edits are needed to the panel files.

You can get the gauge here...

http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=134556

Make sure you have all the original texture files and the CVA texture folder in your Malev folder and I will email you the config file. Just drop it in there and overwrite it and you will be good to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:26 am 

no luck. I had already used the latest vasFMC version, and I reinstalled the Dash 8 followed by copying the texture.CVA file in and overwriting the aircraft.cfg file.

I see how it's supposed to work but something is wrong. other aircraft work fine. But when I try to use the CVA Dash 8 with FMC, or any of the the Malev a/c, I get back to the launch flight window, but when I say Fly, FS crashes to the desktop with an error report. Feel free to suggest any ideas but I'm not worried about not having it.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:48 am 
Site Admin

If you installed the latest gauge and then re-installed the Dash, you would have copied over the new gauge with the old one.

Just a thought... ???

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2