It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:26 pm 

CVA0014 wrote:
And a huge congrats on the downloads, there's nothing better than an Installer that works smooth. Now I don't know which plane to wreck first. :D

Ain't that the truth! Great job, again, Chuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

First off, the VIP textures. If you are using Squawkbox 4 for FSX, you should be able to use the VIP textures to updated the supplied multiplayer library that ships with SB4. You will have to ask a FSINN user how to add the VIP textures if you are using that program... I am strictly an SB user.

The Airbus A330...we do not have a package for an FSX A330. If you are adding the FS2004 package yourself to FSX, you could quite likely have some issues.

The Airbus A340...good catch on that one. Still not sure how that got past quality control. I am in the process of fixing that up and will update in this thread when the repaired package has been uploaded.

Thanks for the heads up!! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

The Airbus A340-300 for FSX installer has been corrected. There is a readme file included with the installer for the correct removal of a previously installed CVA A340.

As well, there was a minor issue with the Airbus A340 for FS2004. Just some files were left in that could have been deleted. I have updated that installer as well as included a readme file for the correct removal of the previously install CVA A340.

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:58 pm 

cva3906 wrote:
First off, the VIP textures. If you are using Squawkbox 4 for FSX, you should be able to use the VIP textures to updated the supplied multiplayer library that ships with SB4. You will have to ask a FSINN user how to add the VIP textures if you are using that program... I am strictly an SB user.

The Airbus A330...we do not have a package for an FSX A330. If you are adding the FS2004 package yourself to FSX, you could quite likely have some issues.

The Airbus A340...good catch on that one. Still not sure how that got past quality control. I am in the process of fixing that up and will update in this thread when the repaired package has been uploaded.

Thanks for the heads up!! :oops:

I'm also using SB4 'cause that's what CVA posted in the links. I was using FSinn before, when I first downloaded VATSIM and started with FS-9. But I didn't reinstall FSinn now that I'm in Windows 7 and become a member of CVA.

I must say one thing about FSinn for those that have never used it, there's a radar feature that is just awesome. I think it has plane info, altitude, speed and direction. Many of the planes we use have radar in real life but MS somehow decided to omit that feature, it's very useful especially when there are no ATC online.

If you guys are just using SB 'cause you've always been using it, it's worth looking into FSinn. Don't be misguided by the comment about it being made by a French team, the download I had was completely English and they did an excellent job.

I had just cut & pasted the title of the download for the Airbus, it's called "Airbus A330 (class 4) A340 (class 5)". but yeah, there's only a 340 in FS-X.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

For Vatsim, I usually use FS9 with multiple monitors. I run FS on one monitor and open FSNavigator on the other with it slaved to my Squawkbox session so all traffic shows up realtime. For FSX, you can set up FSCommander but it gets its updates from the Vatsim whazzup server so it is not realtime, just snapshots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:50 am 

cva3906 wrote:
For Vatsim, I usually use FS9 with multiple monitors. I run FS on one monitor and open FSNavigator on the other with it slaved to my Squawkbox session so all traffic shows up realtime. For FSX, you can set up FSCommander but it gets its updates from the Vatsim whazzup server so it is not realtime, just snapshots.

Looks like I'm gonna be dishing out some money to SimMarket after all. :D

I was holding on FSUIPC4 and WideFS, but FSC is pretty cool, guess it's time to send out an order.

And v8.4 has a moving map now.

HyperX Cloud II headset,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

You shouldn't need WideFS to run FSCommander if you use multiple monitors. WideFS only helps when running on multiple computers across a local network.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 pm 

cva3906 wrote:
You shouldn't need WideFS to run FSCommander if you use multiple monitors. WideFS only helps when running on multiple computers across a local network.

I was thinking of trying out SoftTH with my old CRT monitors. I have 3 large ones doing nothing, a wide view would be much appreciated even if there are wider borders. I'd consider it like the window pillars in real planes.

I'm thinking of using this widescreen monitor to use exclusively for gauges and moving it up a lot closer so I don't have to lean forward and squint.

I have other P4s just sitting there, it would help relieve even more CPU work from the gamer, Windows 7 has quite a lot of stuff running. It couldn't hurt the memory demand either, I'd also feel comfortable running as many applications as I want on the 2nd PC, gauges is not exactly intensive workload.

One last gadget I'm considering is TrackIR, the price is affordable and I haven't heard anything negative yet. I'm just waiting to finish getting comfortable with FS-X on that one.

Another project I have sitting on the sidelines is a seat from my old Safari van, it's a perfect position for flight sims and has little wear (passenger side). I'm using an old kitchen wooden chair now, argh...

HyperX Cloud II headset,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

I stand corrected! I just conducted a quick online test sitting at JFK in a Cessna connected to Vatsim. In FS, I had another Cessna, a 767 and a Concorde all within plain view taxiing. On FSCommander, not only did I show up, but all multiplayer traffic in range was shown on the map and their movements where shown in real time. You can also set up FSC to do automatic downloads of the server data so if a controller pops online, they are shown on the map as well.

I believe Center controllers also have their control area highlighted as well.

Apparently, FSInn and SB inject the other players aircraft into FS as AI traffic. Therefore, if you have FSC set to show AI traffic, it will show the other players. Holding the control button and left clicking on another player on the map will pop up an info window not unlike the one shown with Servinfo.

Hmmm, so far, having FSNav to show other aircraft is what has been keeping me using FS9 online. Might be running out of excuses!! ???

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2