It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:45 pm 

A little bit of Naval Air flying this week. Enjoy!

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:29 pm 
Aye, aye. Conducting a Make and Mend on the venerable "Stoof" as we speak!

(Edited by Tom McCall at 3:30 pm on May 9, 2004)

(Edited by Tom McCall at 3:31 pm on May 9, 2004)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:46 pm 

If you want to keep it "as real as it gets" you can, like me, fly this one with the "Tracker". There are good models available at AVSIM for 2002 and 2004. Just type in "tracker" and they will show up.

Most likely will stop at Norfolk, due to time restraints.

Cheers Bill
"Splice the Mainsail".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:52 pm 
Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill . . . . . Bill. You splice the "Main Brace", not the Mainsail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:13 pm 

OOPS! Knew that! Rememer Adm Landymores' last order. SPLICE THE MAINBRACE! I obeyed the order, still feeling the effects. Probably spelled the Admirals name wrong but am standing ready for correction.

cheers Bill
Happy in the "Bird Cage".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:07 pm 
Nope, got that one right. Any time you feel the need to "Splice the Mainbrace", drop by, I've got a bottle of Pusser's around here somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:34 am 

I have no idea what you guys are talking about :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:19 am 
It's sailor speak for having a "whet." Or, more simply, having a "Tot." Oooops, did it again, gotta remember, English - not Navy. When "Splice the Mainbrace" is ordered, a Tot is given to each man aboard in the name of the reigning sovereign. The Tot, also known as a Whet is in reality a good dollop of Navy Rum (Pusser's). True sailors drink it neat, others will cut it with water, or in cases of true sacrilege, with coke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:07 pm 
Ready Aye Ready oh fearless Hub Captain. Are you still out pounding the waves or have you come in to blow the froth off a couple...............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:08 pm 
Back on the beach for a short respite. Drop me an email and we'll set something up. Oh, and I need to know which version of FS you're using (FS2K2 or FS9).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:26 am 
For a tracker in 3 liveries of the RCAF get cp-121. Has the following:

[MOVING PARTS]
* Control surfaces
* Flaps
* Spoilers
* Props
* Gears(nose gear can be steered), bay doors, suspensions
* Landing lights
* Heads of pilots(with rudder)
* Folding wings(operated by "Extend/Retract Concorde nose fully")

The following paint schemes:

Canadian Forces Paint Package by Shane Strong thanks to Mr. UNAYAMA for premission to paint this great aircraft there are 3 different paintjobs included hope you enjoy do to some limitations not all original markings could be put on but these are very close my email is strong@bwr.eastlink.ca
hope you enjoy this package as much as i did painting it
-High visiblity 70's paint
-Low Visibility 80's paint
-HMCS Bonaventure Squadron Colors
all included

No VC though, for those that like more bells and whistles you can try: c-2a which has:

Full animation using GMAX. Full Virtual Cockpit with night lighting, Folding Wings (Shift + Q), Passenger and Cockpit door (Shift + E + 1), Cargo Door (Shift + E + 2), Nose wheel steering, etc. etc., all the lights, bells and whistles that can be stuffed into one .mdl file!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:22 am 

->For a tracker in 3 liveries of the RCAF get cp-121

ahh Tim my western friend - the RCAF never operated the venerable Tracker.

The RCN (Royal Canadian Navy - Fleet Air Arm) operated the DeHavilland CS2 Tracker made under licence from Grumman from 3 squadrons, shore based VU32/VX10 and HMCS Bonaventure based VS880 until integration in 1968.

The CAF (Canadian Armed Forces) operated the CP121 Tracker from 3 squadrons (880 and 420 on the east coast at CFBs Shearwater and Summerside and 33 on the west at Comox) until the 'stoof' was paid off in 1990.

I had the honour of serving with both MR880 and 420ARS in the late 70s early 80s at Shearwater and have a great fondness for the Tracker.

Ken Greenwood
President CVA Operations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:00 pm 

For those that may not be aware, the crests, shown on the multi page, are for HMCS Bonaventure (top) and HMCS Magnificent (bottom).

I havn't notified any ATC for this multi. I know Moncton Centre reads our forum and am assuming that they will be there to see us off. The east coast is usually "lit up" pretty good in the evening, so I think it is safe to take the chance.

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:25 pm 

have posted on the VATCAN CZQM forum requesting ATC presence of CYAW_TWR CYHZ_APP and CZQM_CTR for the evening -- hopefully we'll have a good turnout.

Would love to see several Trackers, SeaKings and other favorite RCN/RCAF/CAF retired aircraft types (C45s C47s Argus's VooDoos Sabres TBirds etc etc)

Ken Greenwood MCpl®
420 AirReserveSqdn
MOC 512 BAMEO CFB Shearwater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:14 am 
Thank you for clarifying for me. :) I don;t paint them just enjoy flying them lol. There is a very nice t-bird out for FS9 and the re-paints are from the same fellow who did the trackers. He has been around for awhile with many great re-paints Boeings, Airbuses.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next