It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: SIMAF Event on Sunday, January 5th, 2013 @2100Z/4PM EST
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:25 pm 

I Recently Joined SIMAF (Simulated Air Force), I'm Still a Cadet/in Training with them. anyway, they have a event going on Sunday, January 5th, 2013 @2100Z/4PM EST that I plan on being a Part of. I Wanted to post it here if anyone wanted to tag along or to Watch on Vataware or something. My Callsign is SIMAF67 and I Currently plan on Flying a B-52. Here is the Details on the Event:
Quote:
As winter storm Hercules moves out to sea we need to reposition airframes to Westover ARB, Massachusetts, from Langley Air Force Base, Virginia.

All SIMAF pilots are directed to report to Langley AFB at 2100Z/5 Jan 2014. (for the z-time challenged, that's 4pm Eastern/3pm Central/etc.)

Aircraft flown will be pilot's discretion. Route of flight is as follows:

KLFI FORTS J61 MICAH J220 BIGEO J49 HNK STELA1 KCEF
(NOTE: STELA1 is the STELA arrival into Westover)

We may see pilots/airframes from other virtual communities joining us.

Please respond confirming that you will or will not be able to join us.

Lou Paris, (s)ASECAF
Simulated Air Force

Post subject: Re: SIMAF Event on Sunday, January 5th, 2013 @2100Z/4PM EST
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 pm 

Not sure that recruiting for other VA's is appropriate here. In the "old days" you would have had your "ass busted" for posting here. Should be done though management.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:14 pm 

OK, it's just for a event, not to sign up with them, I figured it would be all right cause of this bit:
Quote:
We may see pilots/airframes from other virtual communities joining us.

That's why I Posted it if Someone wanted to fly the route or at least around the area in hopes of seeing military planes on VATSim, to Fly it as CVA, as like a Multi the day after although a few hours earlier then the normal multi.

I Remember Aharon posting up some VATSim events from time to time when he was here, so I figured I would post this one as it seams interesting and others might be interested in it also.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:48 pm 

Not a "big deal" Jeremy. I probably should have just ignored it. The "old days" have come and gone - things are much calmer around here now. Lol
Not sure I would be using Ahron as the benchmark though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:00 pm 

My apologies to Aharon for my misspelling. I can feel him lurking. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:46 pm 

Event is over, I Managed to fly with them in the B-52, a few of them had issues with Aircraft Performance though. 1 was in a misbehaveing F-15, I believe it was handling like a dog and entered a Flat Spin at 1 point, it was throwing overheat warnings and at 1 point his engines caught fire although he was able to shut them off/stop the fire and relight the engines, I think there was 1 other in a F-35 that had the engines go out at 1 point during Mid-flight. There was me and 4 Others and we were in TS Together During Flight. For Aircraft I was in a B-52 and someone else was in a C-17 while the other 3 was in a F-15, F-16 and a F-35. it was a Fun Flight and looking forward to flying with them again! IIRC There was like 1-2 Crashes at the End, the 1 Guy in the C-17 Crashed and as I checked Vataware while typing this he's trying it again.

1 Idea I got from this: CVA Should figure out a way to have a Teamspeak for us instead of having the private VATSim Channel.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:11 am 
Site Admin

I saw this post my, first thought was why is he supporting another VA? So I checked Jeremy's contributions to CVA and I found it adequate. This was the reason I let this comment about the other VA go.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]