It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:26 am

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: March 30, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:08 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Hope all of you survived very tough Northeast Corridor during last weekend's event and may I congratulate the CVA pilots for successfully maneuvering their planes through thick and heavy Northeast Corridor's traffic!!!

Do all of you know what first week of April means?? It means all snow in Alaska and Canada is melting and grass is growing. You can smell spring air!!!! It also means that all airlines are battling against each other to win special charter contracts ferrying to northern Alaska and northern Canada the oil field and oil rig workers returning to work on oil fields and oil rigs during spring, summer, and fall.

Guess who won the charter contract worth millions millions of dollars??? It is your very own Canadian Virtual airline which mean all of you CVA pilots have to work hard to carry out the contract!!!!

CVA PRESENTING OIL FIELD WORKERS FERRYING CONTRACT

We have signed lucrative charter contract to ferry oil workers and their equipment from PANC Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport located 4 nautical miles southwest of downtown Anchorage, Alaska to PASC Deadhorse Airport located in Deadhorse near Prudhoe Bay on the North Slope of Alaska. Then we will return back to PANC with any broken oil equipment or machines from Deadhorse that need to be repaired in Anchorage. And you can make many round trips as much as you can!!!

The suggested plane will be any cargo plane where oil rig workers can sit with their oil equipment on the floor OR if you have any COMBI plane such as 727-200Combi or 727-100Combi or 737-200/300/400Combi or so on. Yes you can use 757-200F. If you have C-17 Cargomaster or C-130, why not!!!! Remember that when you take off from PANC for flight to PASC, you should have fuel that is enough for ROUND TRIP plus appropriate amount of emergency fuel reserve based on regulations of FAA Federal Aviation Agency. BE CAREFUL Northernmost Arctic areas can play havoc on your instrumental panel's gauges.

For the event starting this Saturday night March 30, 2013 at at 8:30 pm EST or 00:30z (pls check your local time zone) and this Wednesday April 3, 2013 at at 8:30 pm EST or 00:30z (pls check your local time zone), please use the following flights and their waypoints as seen below for those flights. Frank will create new routes on CVA database.

PANC to PASC Deadhorse and its waypoints: TAGER J125 ENN J155 CQR FIPSU T227 SIKLV SHELO

PASC Deadhorse to PANC and its waypoints: PIPET J115 CQR J155 ENN J125 TAGER DCT

Thank you for reading!!! HAVE FUN!!!!! Maybe you can catch very rare Aurora Borealis!!!!! If you do, TAKE SCREENSHOTS of rare Aurora Borealis!!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: March 30, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:02 pm 

Wow wow I just barely finished my breakfast when I saw CVA1175 Jaakko Koponen and CVA1057 Robert Grant already took off from PANC for extremely early FREEZING morning flight to PASC Deadhorse!!! That is enthusiasm spirit!!

TODAY IS DAY OF ALASKAN EXCITEMENT!!!!

Remember that this event gives you GREAT opportunity to fly your FAVORITE cargo OR combi plane that you always have been dreaming of using it and flying it!!! C-130s or C-5 Galaxy or so on. REMEMBER that PASC Deadhorse has 6,500 foot runway.

ATTENTION TO ALL NEW CVA PILOTS WHO HAVE JUST JOINED CVA, although all of you are new pilots meaning all of you are restricted to pilot rank based on number of hours you have achieved forcing you to fly first class plane or specific class plane based on your current pilot ranking, you will be pleased to know that ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY FOR ANY OF WEEKEND CVA EVENTS, you can fly any plane suggested by each of weekend CVA events.

In other words, in any flight that is NOT CVA event, you fly specific plane based on your current pilot rank BUT in any weekend CVA EVENT flight, you can fly whatever is suggested in SPECIFIC FLIGHT by weekend event announcement or any appropriate plane for any CVA EVENT flight based on runway distance. As well, multi events also give newer pilots the chance to fly the different aircrafts that they are not yet certified to fly (i.e. - a pilot with a lower rank may only be rated to fly Class 1 aircraft when first joining CVA but a multi event may propose a Class 5 aircraft). Please remember that this kind of freedom of choosing any class plane for CVA events does not apply to any regular non-event flight which you are still restricted by your pilot rank to use specific class for planes.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:50 pm 

Thought i would get up and give it a go. Would be better if i did not get connected from Vatsim every 5 minutes?

Than Acars decided to freeze and said i did a inflight refuel, so my acars was useless as well. Will have to see whats bothering the system.

May do the turnaround flight later today or tonight. However due to internet issues, i may not be on at 8pm eastern :mrgreen:

Other than that great flight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:57 pm 

I was about 15 min behind you. I was going to send a .msg but then you disappeared from Vatsim. Try another Vatsim server - it might help.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:20 pm 

I tried all servers. Wouln't stay on more than 4 to 5 minutes.

here are the errors i got.

1. client authentication responce timeoeut 17
2. unothorized client software 16

no idea what they mean :mrgreen:
my connections have been great lately but now ?
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:42 pm 

Robert,

It means you forgot to de-ice your plane :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway, did you activate and approve administrator's rights on all those stuffs?

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:51 pm 

Not sure what you mean there Aharon???

:oops:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:01 pm 

CVA1057 wrote:
Not sure what you mean there Aharon??? :oops:

De-icing your plane as solution was just a joke.

All softwares that you are using must be run under administrator's rights. For instance, if I want to open FSX, I hover the mouse over FSX and then right-click to bring pull up menu and then select "run as administrator". This goes same thing for sqwkbox 4.0 too. For CVASCARS (spelling), you need to go to its properties and activate the check box next to "always run as administrator".

That might solve the problem.

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:11 pm 

Awsome Ahaaron :mrgreen:

Yes i know a joke when i see it LOL. I have a very warped sence of Humor i am told.

Thanks for the info i will try that. May see you in the air tonight for a bit. Just working on setting up my 37" Toshiba Flat Screen as my main monitor and working on Wideview :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:08 am 

CVA1057 wrote:
Just working on setting up my 37" Toshiba Flat Screen as my main monitor

whoa whoa whoa you need 37 inch monitor screen to fly Airbus A380??

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:49 am 

CVA1057 wrote:
I tried all servers. Wouln't stay on more than 4 to 5 minutes.

here are the errors i got.

1. client authentication responce timeoeut 17
2. unothorized client software 16

no idea what they mean :mrgreen:
my connections have been great lately but now ?
:mrgreen:

Check that your Vatsim software is not outdated - get the latest version if it is.

Jaakko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:15 pm 

I guess I just don't understand what the word "suggested" means.
I thought I did, but apparently the definition has changed? Thats what happens when you get old.

Cheers Bill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:44 pm 

Tried to make it guys but computer froze solid with a CVAcars error, at 6000 feet leaving PANC. Tried again this morning, and same result. Do not know yet whats going on, however will post if i find it. May do a reinstall of programs. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:16 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Many thanks to CVA1175 Jaakko Koponen , CVA1057 Robert Grant, Eugene Graham (round trip), CVA0004 Frank Senecal, and CVA00156 Sudeer Shamsudeen for participating in this oil employee ferrying flight event. That makes total of seven pilots including me for participation in this event at the rate of one pilot participation per flight.

Bill Haystead wrote:
I guess I just don't understand what the word "suggested" means.

It is CVA's long standing policy that whenever you see something like "suggested MD-11" for such a CVA event, it means that it would be good idea for you to use MD-11 for a specific event BUT you do not have to use MD-11 as "suggested" does NOT mean absolutely required. In other words, we just make aircraft type "recommendation" for you to use in a CVA event. You can use 747 or A340 or A330 or whenever you feel like AS LONG AS it is realistic and appropriate for the departing and arrival airports and their runway distances as well as geographic terrains surrounding the airports. For instance, regular 737-800 would not be suitable for London City airport BUT 737-800 with short field performance would be ideal for this airport and so on. Realism is the key for all events as well as regular flights!!

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Bill Haystead wrote:
Thats what happens when you get old.

Cheers Bill

Do not worry, Bill the government is trying to figure out a way to tax this LOL

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next