It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
Interested in event flights in Israel and Greece???
 Yes I am interested in event flights in Israel and Greece  36%  36%  [ 4 ]
 No I am not interested in event flights in Israel and Greece  45%  45%  [ 5 ]
 Maybe only for further future instead of March 25, 2003 to April 1, 2013  18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 11

Post subject: Special Poll To Have Unusual Event In Israel
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:35 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

VATIL which is Israeli division of Vatsim is having NON-STOP NON-STOP NON-STOP CONTINUOUS atc controller coverage of all airports in Israel for consecutive days from March 25, 2013 to April 1, 2013.

So I have decided to create a poll for all of you CVA pilots to vote on whether all of you would be interested in multi event in Israel using flights from Tel Aviv to nice Greek island Rhodes and back to Tel Aviv which is only about 70 minute flight and flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat, Israel which is 30 minute flight or even flight from Tel Aviv to Istanbul and back which is about one hour.

There are plenty of possibilities for 30 minute to 90 minute flights out of Tel Aviv to many Greek and Turkish islands.

So the glaring question remains which is would all of you be interested in events out of Tel Aviv? PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL!!!

It has NOTHING to do with the fact that I am Israeli meaning I can be prejudiced. I am just making suggestion to have all of you exposed to Israel, Greek islands, and Turkish islands for pure fun of flying and exploring that all of you do not have opportunity before.

Deadline for voting is March 20, 2013.

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: Special Poll To Have Unusual Event In Israel
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:03 am 

Sounds like a great trip. I'm very interested in the eastern Mediterrean. But these days I don't do much flying at all let alone scheduled. I guess I better vote no, even though I'd love to do it. :shock:

But in case it helps, will the ATC be speaking good English? I know I hesitate to fly Europe in many places because I dislike making those poor guys struggle to speak English that I can understand.

thanks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:28 pm 

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
But in case it helps, will the ATC be speaking good English? I know I hesitate to fly Europe in many places because I dislike making those poor guys struggle to speak English that I can understand.

Rob,

Excellent question!!!!! English language is not only universal but also REQUIRED language for all Vatsim controllers for Vatsim ATC coverage. Foreign language is allowed as long as it is always SECOND option, NOT first option.

As for VATIL, their Israeli controllers speak perfect English.

In my past experience, I flew lots of Vatsim flights in Central America, Mexico, South America, and Europe and I have NOT yet seen a single Vatsim controller who is having trouble communicating in English. All those controllers in those areas have very good command of English.

I am sure you had flown flights in Japan in past events and you were extremely satisfied with Japanese controllers' use of English language.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:22 pm 

One of the places where I had to ask the controller to repeat himself on an almost continual basis was going into Heathrow. What a thick Cockney accent.

Cheers Bill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:28 pm 

Bill Haystead wrote:
One of the places where I had to ask the controller to repeat himself on an almost continual basis was going into Heathrow. What a thick Cockney accent.

Shalom Bill,

Smiling!! It sounds like straight out of British tv comedy show!!!

At least his or her thick Cockney accent will NOT show up in text communication spoken in English, right??:):):)

Also glad to see you having many CVA flights out of and into London City airport past months. It is possible I might expand London City airport operations in future in addition to what we already have from EGLC to Scotland, Frankfurt, and Dublin.

Who knows? We might establish "unofficial" mini-hub in London City airport!!

Speaking of London City airport, do not miss tonight's and this Wednesday night's EGLC to Dublin event!!

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:18 pm 

Tomorrow is last day for poll voting. If the voting is NOT by wide margin (must be at least 3 or 4 vote difference), then I will not proceed with event in Israel, Turkey, and Greece.

Your last chance for voting today!!!!!

Vote ends this Wednesday morning at 8 am EST on March 20, 2013.

By the way 50 CVAers read this thread but only seven CVAers voted in the poll. What happens to others? :shock: :shock: :?

Aharon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

Aharon wrote:
Tomorrow is last day for poll voting. If the voting is NOT by wide margin (must be at least 3 or 4 vote difference), then I will not proceed with event in Israel, Turkey, and Greece.

Your last chance for voting today!!!!!

Vote ends this Wednesday morning at 8 am EST on March 20, 2013.

By the way 50 CVAers read this thread but only seven CVAers voted in the poll. What happens to others? :shock: :shock: :?

Aharon

Probably many of which do not fly much on VATSIM or cannot make the event.

CVA7769

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:43 am 

I have to go maybe. Reason is RW Military and Combat Border Patrol commitments. Internet connections here are limited atm. I'll keep trying to access and stay on Vatsim, but last few times I timed out after connection of two minutes sitting at CYZF.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:47 pm 

The polls are officially closed with five people saying no to this event idea and four people saying yes to the event idea as well as 2 people saying yes to event but only for much later.

So it is 6 for yes and 5 for no. Too close so there will be no Mediterranean event for this weekend BUT there will DEFINITELY be Mediterranean event much much later in future.

Thanks to all for voting.

Aharon

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]