It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:26 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: March 2, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:14 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals!!!

Hope all of you had great time flying along very scenic Californian coast up and down last weekend!!!!

Now time FOR THE TOUGHEST AND MOST BRUTAL BUSH POUNDING FLIGHTS THAT REQUIRE MORE ENDURANCE than all of you had experienced in last month's 2013 Yukon International Dog Sled Race!!!

ImageImage

Presenting CVA'S 2013 IDITAROD SUPPLY MISSION

This weekend, Alaska is having world's most and most toughest dog sled race called 2013 Iditarod better known as The Last Great Race. Our job is to use class one propeller bush pounding planes to move over 124,822 lbs of dog food to nourish the racing dogs as well as 100,000 lbs of food for mushers (total of 3203 bags of food), move 391 bales of straw/hay enough for each team to have fresh straw at every checkpoint, move 1135 cases of heet, and fly 45 veterinarians that monitor the athletes before, during and after the race to insure there well being (vet will do air dropping supplies while you fly the plane).

For the event starting this Saturday night March 2, 2013 at at 8:30 pm EST or 01:30z (pls check your local time zone) and this Wednesday March 6, 2013 at at 8:30 pm EST or 01:30z (pls check your local time zone), please use the following flights as seen below. IT IS IMPORTANT AND IMPERATIVE THAT YOU FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.

Class one plane particularly bush pounding planes is required. Any propeller plane with supply air dropping capacity is preferred. Any propeller plane with skis will be more cool. Because Iditarod is MUCH MUCH MORE LONGER AND TOUGHER FLYING, it is important to pick propeller planes with longer range.

NICE MAP EXAMPLE OF FLIGHT PATH DURING THE IDITAROD RACE

In CVA schedule database, please pick CVA flight PANC Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport to PAMC McGrath airport with SPECIFIC SUPPLY FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS BELOW and remember IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LOAD UP CORRECT AMOUNT OF FUEL!!!!!

Take off from PANC Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport to fly to PASW Skwenta airport where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, then fly to 6AK Rainy Pass airport where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies then fly to PAFS Nikolai airport where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, and then land at PAMC McGrath airport to load up more supplies and fuel. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LOAD UP CORRECT AMOUNT OF FUEL!!!!!

In CVA schedule database, please pick CVA flight PAMC McGrath airport to PAUN UNALAKLEET AIRPORT with SPECIFIC SUPPLY FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS BELOW and It is imperative to load lots of aviation fuel because the next flight will be tougher and longer WITHOUT stop for refueling. Plan your fuel load accordingly.

Fly from PAMC McGrath airport to fly to Z17 Ophir airport where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, then fly to PAHX Shageluk airport where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies then fly to PAKV Kaltag airport where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, and then land at PAUN Unalakleet airport to load up more supplies and fuel. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LOAD UP CORRECT AMOUNT OF FUEL!!!!! It is imperative to load lots of aviation fuel because the next flight will be tougher and longer WITHOUT stop for refueling. Plan your fuel load accordingly.

In CVA schedule database, please pick CVA flight PAUN Unalakleet airport to PAOM Nome airport with SPECIFIC SUPPLY FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:

Fly from PAUN Unalakleet airport to PAKK Koyuk Alfred Adams Airport where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, then to PAGL GOLOVIN AIRPORTwhere you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, then to PAWM WHITE MOUNTAIN AIRPORT where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies and then land on PAOM Nome airport to watch the finish line of exciting Iditarod race!!!

Important air dropping instruction: please air drop supplies at between 1,000 ft and 1,500 ft above ground around each airport. If you prefer, you instead of circling around airports for air-dropping supplies can make TWO runs along 1,000 ft above each of the airports' runways to air-drop supplies to avoid hitting mountains which might make it impossible to circle around.

Thank you for reading and have great time doing exciting bush pounding flights!!! This event is going to be annual tradition for Canadian Virtual Airlines EVERY MARCH!!!

By the way, here are rules for all bush pounding pilots participating in 2013 Iditarod Dog Race as quoted from organizers of the world's famous dog sled race:

Flying out on the Iditarod Trail is one of the most fun aviation adventures you can have. If you follow common sense, flight regulations and some basic rules you’ll have the experience of a lifetime. Here are a few of the many things to keep in mind:

1. Plan in advance. If you do your homework, you’ll have a blast. Flying on the Iditarod is one of the most fun aviation experiences you can have….when it goes according to plan. So have a good plan and stick to it.

2. Be self sufficient. While people are invariably helpful, the Iditarod taxes the resources of many of the bush communities. Plan to be self sufficient. Either bring it along, or arrange for it in advance. This includes preheating, oil, fuel, lodging, food and warmth.

3. Be courteous. If a tie down looks occupied, it probably is – don’t use it. Give the dog teams plenty of room. Don’t park blocking other aircraft. Don’t plug into other aircraft’s power without permission. We are all guests along the trail.

4. Keep a distance from dog teams. Don’t buzz the teams. If landing along the trail, give it some room. Plan your take off and landing so as not to be next to a dog team – especially at high power settings.

5. Fly to the right on the trail. Also, while you’re watching that dog team, keep at least one eye open for other aircraft; there are lots of them out there. Especially south of the Alaska range.

6. Light up. Show whatever lights you have. Especially south of the Alaska range.

7. Adhere to local flight patterns and frequencies as published in the supplement.

8. File flight plans. Make sure someone knows where you are going to be and when to expect you. Fly as filed in your flight plan!

9. Leave time for weather. The distances are long and weather reporting is spotty in areas. Weather can change quickly, especially along the coast and in the Alaska range. Don’t put yourself into an emergency situation.

10. Fuel is not generally available in the smaller checkpoints. Don’t plan on fuel being available unless you have checked specifically for that location and know that it is.

11. Don’t (!!!!) land off airport on wheels!! It might work, but…..you might be gaining a whole new perspective on the world. In many of the communities, the airports are a ways out of town and most pilots will be operating off a river or lake….on skis. Don’t be tempted!

12. Operate within your limits. Know the limitations of your airplane and skills. You will be flying around some of the most skilled bush operators in the world with the best equipment money can buy. Use your limits, not theirs.

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: March 2, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 am 

Interesting, Better Practice my Bush Flying Skills! Flying Wild Alaska Here I Come!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:46 am 

Lord Letto wrote:
Interesting, Better Practice my Bush Flying Skills! Flying Wild Alaska Here I Come!

You can use flights in CVA database from the past CVA event called 2013 Yukon Dog Race Supply Mission to practice your bush flying skills.

Aharon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:00 pm 

That is me arriving at PAOM Nome to set up rest base full of food and champagne at Nome for all of you CVA pilots to celebrate when all of you finish the entire event from PANC to PAOM!!!

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:13 am 

Nobody wanted to participate in tough Alaska event???? :shock: :shock: Or is this event too tough for any of you to handle?? :roll: :roll:

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:15 am 

We just did one, a couple multis ago

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:00 am 

Like Cal said. And I like to fly in actual season and weather, and I'm just sick of the snow that's still up there. Will be a nice trip when the snow melts.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:40 pm 

Cal Jordan (CVA371) wrote:
We just did one, a couple multis ago

Yeah but not couple multis ago. That was last month for Yukon 2012 Dog Sled Race on first week of Feburary and this event is for different area which is Alaska :roll: :roll: I guess CVA pilots want one dog sled race event per year or they are afraid of toughest endurance Alaska event???? :shock:

Oh well I tried to best for Alaskan dog race event for CVA. wow ZERO participation for first time in 2 years I am too embarrassed!!!

Aharon

Last edited by Aharon on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:41 pm 

CVA0190 wrote:
I like to fly in actual season and weather, and I'm just sick of the snow that's still up there.

Barry,

ahhhh you mean that you get sick of deicing your planes all the time and get tired of spending too much time scraping ice off your cockpits' windows??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aharon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:21 am 

Yes and white glare is hard on my eyes. I've been flying in Australia and New Zealand a lot lately. Great Orbx scenery and it's summer there.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:39 pm 

CVA0190 wrote:
Yes and white glare is hard on my eyes. I've been flying in Australia and New Zealand a lot lately. Great Orbx scenery and it's summer there.

Well I bet you are glad that I asked Darryl almost 2 years ago to introduce shuttle service between Christchurch and Aukland. It is nice trip:):):)

Australia and New Zealand have 24 hour event twice a year and I always make sure to schedule CVA events to coincide with those bi-annual Australian and New Zealand events so that all of you CVA pilots can enjoy such scenery:):):)

I have exotic trip events coming up that will for sure not involve snow but I cannot guarantee there will be no rain. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aharon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:21 am 

Good evening to all,

I know that Aharon is doing his best to propose us nice multi and there are nice. But for me specially, there are a littlle too complicated and that stop me. For example do we need to make circles here and there ? Make it simple, Aharon and I am sure you will get more Pilots.
We know that big airports are complicated to land with Vatsim.during week-end. Why do not take average airports and make a multi with fuel miser contest from an airport to another one I mean one way on saturday, and return on Wednesday.
It si just an opinion as the Forum is made for that.

Best Regards

JC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:58 am 

jcrollé wrote:
For example do we need to make circles here and there ?

That happens only twice a year for Yukoon Dog Sled Race and Iratiod Dog Sled Race. The main reason I asked pilots to make circles around the airports to drop off supplies is that I cannot ask Frank to make TWENTY flights each for both dog race events so that bush planes can land and take off and land and take off and land and take off meaning too many FSCARS PREIPS to be reviewed and approved.

Hence my decision to ask for circling around airports to drop off for only two dog race events to avoid placing burden on Frank.

Aharon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:01 pm 

J-C,

I also avoid complicated events,it's too much concentration. I like it when we're flying VFR and minding our own business. I prefer to chat with just a few CVA pilots on chat.

I find it less overwhelming. Maybe we need 2 sorts of multis?

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]