It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Feb. 9, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:15 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Hope all of you had fantastic time experiencing exciting air dropping supply missions during last weekend's 2013 Yukon Dog Sled Dog Race event!!!!

We know that Atlantic lobster is Canada’s most lucrative fishery and provides a high-quality, healthy food that is exported around the world. There are almost 10,000 licensed lobster enterprises, employing about 30,000 harvesters across Atlantic Canada.

Fisheries and Oceans Canada and its Special Operating Agency the Canadian Coast Guard are having in city of Halifax an important annual Lobster and Scallop Convention meeting attended by Canadian government officials, Canadian and American lobster and scallop industry figures and fishermen to discuss market prices and problems affecting the lobster and scallop industries.

Presenting CVA LOBSTER AND SCALLOP SHUTTLE SERVICE

It is job of Canadian Virtual airline as well as all of you CVA pilots to do lots of shuttle flights ferrying Canadian government officials from Canada's capital Ottawa where Canadian Parliament is to Halifax the location for the important convention and back to Ottawa.

For the event starting this Saturday night February 9, 2013 at at 8:30 pm EST or 01:30z (pls check your local time zone) and this Wednesday February 13, 2013 at at 8:30 pm EST or 01:30z (pls check your local time zone), please use those flights and their specific flight instructions as seen below.

2213 (CYOW - CYHZ)
Equipment: Suggested Class 2
Distance: 593.71mi
Route: J500 YSC BGR CETTY FUNDY6

2212 (CYHZ - CYOW)
Equipment: Suggested Class 2
Distance: 593.71mi
Route: MLT VLV J509 THURO THURO8

For your great convenience, all controllers of CYHZ will be online for ATC duty this Wednesday night from 7 pm EST to 11 pm EST to handle your round the clock shuttle service between CYOW and CYHZ!!!!

Enjoy the event and do not eat too much lobster and scallops!!

Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: Feb. 9, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:26 pm 

Very nice of you to include a shot of that gorgeous meal. :D

Class 2. That is prop or ERJ/CRJ regionals, right?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:57 pm 

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
Very nice of you to include a shot of that gorgeous meal. :D

This is standard meal for economy class seats for Canadian Virtual Airline.

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
Class 2. That is prop or ERJ/CRJ regionals, right?

Class 2 is regional or commuter jet planes such as CRJ planes, BAE146s, E135s/E140s/E145s/E170s/E190s/E195s, DC-9s, MD-8Xs, 717s, and 727s.

Remember the operative word "suggested"

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 pm 

I'm flying down to Toronto on Monday with Porter Airlines in the Dash8-Q400. I don't think scallops are on the menu though. Maybe a bag of peanuts - maybe not? :) First ride in a Q400, I'll post a little blurb on my impressions, when I get home.

Cheers Bill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:34 pm 

Bill Haystead wrote:
I'm flying down to Toronto on Monday with Porter Airlines in the Dash8-Q400. I don't think scallops are on the menu though. Maybe a bag of peanuts - maybe not? :) First ride in a Q400, I'll post a little blurb on my impressions, when I get home.

Bill,

You are correct that our rival Porter Airlines serves bag of peanuts instead of scallops and lobster but Canadian Virtual Airline CVA takes pride in serving scallops and lobsters on economy class seats for many flights including CYOW to CYHZ to CYOW :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For vegetarians, we serve delicious vegetable lasgana surrounded by piping hot mushrooms. For kosher observant, we serve delicious broiled scrods with mushrooms and fake caviar (fake caviar are allowed by kosher laws) imported from Norway.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:40 am 

Finished this event.

Got complete ATC coverage all the way from CYOW and its take off to cruise across Eastern Canada to CYHZ and its landing!!!

Many thanks to CVA0156 Sudeer Shamsudeen, CVA0020 - Don Buness, CVA0004 - Frank Senecal, and CVA1057 - Robert Grant for participating in this event. I hope all of you are satisfied with the event!!! It is about time that CYOW airport deserves and gets our attention!!!

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:08 pm 

Last night I flew the multi also. For some reason my pirep says I flew Whitehorse to Dawson? lol
I must have had 2 bids pending? I guess I should pay a bit more attention. lol

Cheers Bill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:47 pm 

Many thanks to CVA0026 Bill Haystead for participation in this event. I did see your plane at sevenish pm EST last night at CYOW but moments later, you vanished and I noticed on live map that you chose Whitehorse to Dawson flight so I guessed you were more interested in last weekend's event not realizing it was simple PREIP error. That explained why the live map said you had 12 hours of flight to go for short Whitehorse to Dawson flight hop because you were 12 hours away from Ottawa to Dawson.

Aharon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 pm 

Had a great flight as well accept i lost internet. Had to refly Saturday morning.

Cross winds were terrible for the ILS 24 approach. However did make it down safely. :mrgreen:

Lets see if my pictures work. I guess not??? Will figure out

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:18 pm 

Many thanks to CVA0036 Eugene Graham and CVA0156 Sudeer Shamsudeen for doing the return leg of this event. That makes grand total of eight pilots for this event including me.

Hope all of you had great coverage from CYHZ ATC controllers.

Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]