It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Feb. 2, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:38 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Wow Sound like all of you CVA pilots had great time doing emergency honeymoon flights in Pacific Rim area with unexpected pleasure of having complete ATC coverage from Japanese and South Korean controllers!!!

Now time for more excitement beyond your wildest imaginations!!!!!

Canadian Virtual Airline is pleased to announce that it has been chosen as official airline of world's famous and toughest 2013 Yukon Quest International Dog Sled Race where 23 mushers and their dogs will race from Whitehorse, Canada through Yukon through Alaska to Fairbanks, Alaska!!!

It is OUR job to do lots of bush pounding flights along the race trail route supplying all mushers and their dogs lots of food, water, and all necessary supplies to keep them going on for their brutal race in freezing weather!!!! It is crucial for mushers and their dogs that Canadian Virtual Airline must have successful supply operations along the route as seen on the race map below!!!

For the event starting this Saturday night February 2, 2013 at at 8:30 pm EST or 01:30z (pls check your local time zone) and this Wednesday February 6, 2013 at at 8:30 pm EST or 01:30z (pls check your local time zone), please use those flights and their specific flight instructions as seen below.

Class one plane particularly bush pounding planes is required. Any propeller plane with supply air dropping capacity is preferred. Any propeller plane with skis will be more cool.

In CVA schedule database, please pick CYXY Whitehorse to CYDA Dawson flight with SPECIFIC SUPPLY FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:

Take off from CYXY Whitehorse to fly to CEK2 Braeburn where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, then fly to CEX4 Carmacks where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, then fly to CFQ6 Pelly Crossing where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, and then land at CYDA Dawson to load up more supplies and fuel.

In CVA schedule database, please pick CYDA Dawson to PAEA Eagle flight with SPECIFIC SUPPLY FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:

Fly from CYDA Dawson to land at PAEA Eagle to drop off some supplies and load up more fuel. It is imperative to load lots of aviation fuel because the next flight will be tougher and longer WITHOUT stop for refueling. Plan your fuel load accordingly.

In CVA schedule database, please pick PAEA Eagle to PAFA Fairbanks flight with SPECIFIC SUPPLY FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:

Fly from PAEA Eagle to PACR Circle City where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, then to PACE Central where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, then to CEX (Chena Hot Springs Airport) Two Rivers where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies and then land on PAFA Fairbanks airport!!!

Important air dropping instruction: please air drop supplies at between 1,000 ft and 1,500 ft above ground around each airport. If you prefer, you instead of circling around airports for air-dropping supplies can make TWO runs along 1,000 ft above each of the airports' runways to air-drop supplies to avoid hitting mountains which might make it impossible to circle around.

Thank you for reading and have great time doing exciting bush pounding flights!!! This event is going to be annual tradition for Canadian Virtual Airlines EVERY FEBRUARY!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: Feb. 2, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:32 pm 

Good evening to all,

Nice trip,
I found CVA schedule from CYXY to CYDA flight 6456 but I did not find CVA schedule from CYDA to PAEA.

Best Regards
JC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:08 am 

JC,

That is because the event is supposed to start this Saturday night on Feb 2 just like the Yukon Quest race will start on Feb 2. You will see the flights on Feb 2.

Meanwhile why not try exciting Pacific Rim event on the post called Jan. 26, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!

Aharon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:51 pm 

Tomorrow is exciting day for all of you to try out toughest and super endurance bush pounding flights along the dog sled race trail!!!

IMPORTANT TIP for all of you is to watch out NOT ONLY for high hills or tall mountains BUT ALSO FOR TALL TREES that can affect your air dropping skills to drop off supplies in midair.

Look at this example of my flight:

Turning back to position for runway approach to CEK2 airport to get ready to drop off supplies via air dropping

Darn Microsoft has nasty habit of putting high trees in front of runways

Approaching passing UNUSUAL tall tree at close distance toward the runway to drop off supplies via air droppig

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:26 pm 

Quote:
Fly from PAEA Eagle to PACR Circle City where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, then to PACE Central where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies, then to CEX (Chena Hot Springs Airport) Two Rivers where you will make two circles around to air-drop supplies and then land on PAFA Fairbanks airport!!!

IMPORTANT TIP
In FSX, Central is CEM not PACE and Chena Hot Springs Airport is AK13 not CEX I'm not sure about FS9 but you might wanna check :P

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:21 am 
Site Admin

Route for the event are created
CVA0046
CVA0047
CVA0048
They will only be visible in the schedual on the days of the event (Sat and Wed)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:53 pm 

Cal Jordan (CVA371) wrote:
IMPORTANT TIPIn FSX, Central is CEM not PACE and Chena Hot Springs Airport is AK13 not CEX I'm not sure about FS9 but you might wanna check :P

Thanks for letting us know about FSX's different airport codes for those two airports. I was just basing codes on real world airport codes not realizing that FSX might have different codes.

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 pm 

CVA9214 wrote:
Route for the event are created CVA0046 CVA0047 CVA0048They will only be visible in the schedual on the days of the event (Sat and Wed)

What about pilots in other countries that are in different time zones meaning different days?? Please see what you can do to make those flights visible from Feb 2 to Feb 7 to allow all pilots in different time zones or with busy real life schedules to enjoy this event?

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

Aharon wrote:
CVA9214 wrote:
Route for the event are created CVA0046 CVA0047 CVA0048They will only be visible in the schedual on the days of the event (Sat and Wed)

What about pilots in other countries that are in different time zones meaning different days?? Please see what you can do to make those flights visible from Feb 2 to Feb 7 to allow all pilots in different time zones or with busy real life schedules to enjoy this event?

Aharon

Actually I took care of this also. The days in actual are Sat/Sun Wed/Thur

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:13 am 

CVacars crashed as I approached Dawson, so flight 46 didn't get registered. So I cancelled that bid and went on to Eagle, but that got registered as flight 46 somehow.

Anyways, it was fun. :) Too bad I had time set to dark for first flight (following Cal).

Maxxed the graphic settings and took a pic from Eagle tower, not much to see.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:57 pm 

I was a good flight, most flew in a tight group and no problems doing the circuits while doing the drops.

Sitting in Whitehorse preparing.

Taxiing to the proper runway, I was directionally challenged.

On our way....

Making the first drop

Left turn out

Next drop

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

CVA0014 wrote:
CVacars crashed

The problem was caused by the CVA web site server. It was down for almost an hour. :x

nice pictures Cal looks like I missed a good event.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:43 pm 

Cal,

This is OUTSTANDING, EXCELLENT, AND EXTREMELY SPECIFIC DETAILED screenshots of this event showing all participators as well as your air dropping details!!

Wow I never knew that CYDA was challenging airport to approach considering the fact that the hill was in front of runway!!!

Many thanks to CVA0009 Cal Jordan, CVA0190 Barry Diffenderfer, CVA0022 Robert H, CVA0036 Eugene Graham, CVA1077 Ryan Cooper, and CVA0026 Bill Haystead for participating in this event.

This sounds to me that it is totally successful event to the point that I will do this kind of air dropping event again on March 2 for world famous Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race from Anchorage across wilderness of Alaska to Nome!!!!!

Once again, thanks to all for participation especially Ryan who managed to participate in this event all the way from Australia!!

Frank, is there any way you can make those flight routes in this event available until March first so that all CVA pilots can practice whole month to prepare for March 2 event, please?

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm 

I just finished the first leg Whitehorse to Dawson. I used the carenada skymaster for this leg. When landing at Dawson the aircraft started bouncing like crazy, while taxiing, and ended up flipping over. Turns out there is a fix out for this problem (little late for me. :) Needless to say, there is no pirep submitted. I am going to continue on - nice multi.

Cheers Bill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:30 am 

It was a fun event to participate in, even though I couldn't get the voice server working on SB4, I'll have to look at FSInn. I didn't chose a particularly good plane, I was in the PC-6 and even red-lining the throttles, I was being out run by everyone! Thanks for waiting at Dawson :D

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next