It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Jan 19, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:03 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Hope all of you had fantastic time flying heavily crowded corridor between CYYZ and CYUL full of 200 planes!!! Many thanks to five CVA pilots who braved last weekend's event!!!

Please bear in mind that if waypoints that you get from CVA schedule database, from me, or from official Vatsim controllers do not work with your plane's FMC, it does NOT necessarily mean you can give up and walk away from the event. You can write your own waypoints and if the Vatsim controllers do not like that, they will give you proper headings or coordinations during your flight.

Now presenting CVA Sundance Film Festival 2013 Charter Operations

Many travel agencies in Vancouver had made arrangements to charter many of our CVA planes for round trip flight from CYVR Vancouver International Airport the official winner of The Best Airport in North America located on Sea Island in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada about seven miles from downtown Vancouver to KSLC Salt Lake City International Airport located approximately four miles from the central business district of Salt Lake City, Utah so that Vancouver celebrities, actors, actresses, and media press people can attend Sudance Film Festival 2013 and then go for skiing on Utah's famous ski mountains.

For the event starting this Saturday night January 19, 2013 at at 8:30 pm EST or 01:30z (pls check your local time zone) and this Wednesday January 23, 2013 at at 8:30 pm EST or 01:30z (pls check your local time zone), please use those flights as seen below:

6437(CYVR - KSLC)
Equipment: Suggested B737-800
Distance: 756mi
Route: YVR HUH SHUKA J52 LHO3.DBS
Notes: Suggested Class 3 flight

6428(KSLC - CYVR)
Equipment: Suggested A319-100
Distance: 756mi
Route: TWF J12 DNJ J20 SEA GRIZZ3.PAE
Notes: Suggested Class 3 flight

If any of you want scenic flight from CYYZ to KSLC giving you nice view of city of Seattle and Mount Ranier, please use this route: YVR J5 SEA J20 PIH SKEES3

For your convenience, KSLC controllers will be on duty ONLY this Saturday night from 7 pm EST up to 12:00 am EST to assist you for smooth approach and landing to KSLC airport. In event any of you is in danger of running out of fuel while waiting for turn to land on KSLC, you can request diversion to nearby KPVU Provo Municipal Airport and its almost 9,000ft long runway located two miles west of the city of Provo, Utah.

Thank you for reading. Have fun and enjoy the flight!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: Jan 19, 2013 Multi-Up Event!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:27 pm 

Tonight is the exciting event!!! It gives you chance to try out FS Dream's new Vancouver scenery!!!!!! And you will get complete coverage from KSLC controllers!!!!

Have fun!!!!

Do not forget to GET EXTRA FUEL due to expecting nail biting thrilling heavy air space traffic at KSLC.

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:11 pm 

When any of you approach KSLC airport, there is good chance your plane might appear in front of the cockpit window of the video cameraman/pilot on this streaming live video as seen on this link:

http://www.twitch.tv/frooglepete

Just click on the size option icon to enlarge it to full size window screen to try to spot your plane on cockpit window.

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 pm 

Many thanks to CVA1057 Robert Grant, CVA0040 Harry Hrebien, CVA0454 Jeremy Letto, and CVA0004 Frank Senecal for participating in the Sundance Film Festival event!! If I miss any other pilots for mentioning, please accept my apologies and please come forward by posting here saying that you had participated in this event.

I see from radar maps that Jeremy, Robert, and Frank had very exciting circles around above KSLC before landing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm 

I had to go around once due to being to high to intercept Glideslope, I tried to dive to the runway but I never would have had enough room to land so I went around. Second time was good though, When ATC Gave me my last Vector to Intercept ILS 16L, I accepted the HDG 130 they told me to do but asked to go lower than 9000 to intercept and he approved.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:13 pm 

Lord Letto,

Sound like you had great time and fun!! Was the airport crowded when you landed?

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:31 pm 

not really, It was more Busy earlier, I came in kind of late I think, there was like 1-2 Planes or so on the ground when I landed. I had fun though even though the flight lasted longer than I was expecting and I had to Go Around.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:56 pm 

Had a great flight. ATC was excellent. Even the argument between SLC APP and the other pilot who got mad for some reason while SLC was setting us up for Parallel approaches for 16L and 16R.
SLC app informed the pilot he was welcome to leave the channel and he did. :lol:

Meanwhile SLC app gives me clearance to land 16L, and i am at 16000 and 1 mile from runway, I guess he forgot where i was. So i got a missed approach. He gets me lined up again at 12 miles and 7500 feet for the second attempt, and i missed again, :oops: So around i go again, this time for 16R final shot as i had 500 pounds of fuel left, :) and got in there on 16R this time successfully.

All in a days work.

Had a great time. See you Wednesday for part two.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:20 pm 

Robert,

Sounds like you had wildest excitement and adventure!!! It was nice to chat with you during the flight!!!

Regarding the fact that you were at 16,000 ft one mile from runway, did the KSLC controllers say "Proceed with SKEES3 approach or clear for SKEES3 approach"?

If so, it means they already gave you clearance to descent to specific altitude based on SKEES3 approach using SKEES3 chart:):):) In other words, they were expecting you to follow descent procedures stated out on SKEES3 approach chart. Surprised me they did not notice that you were still at 16,000 ft.

When they said to me "proceed with SKEES3 approach and clear for rwy 16R ILS" about 13 minutes away from KSLC, it means they gave me clearance for proper descent based on procedures found on SKEES3 chart. When they read your flight plan's stated SKEES3, they assumed you knew about methods of SKEES3 approach.

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 pm 

CVA1057 wrote:
Had a great flight. ATC was excellent. Even the argument between SLC APP and the other pilot who got mad for some reason while SLC was setting us up for Parallel approaches for 16L and 16R.
SLC app informed the pilot he was welcome to leave the channel and he did. :lol:

Meanwhile SLC app gives me clearance to land 16L, and i am at 16000 and 1 mile from runway, I guess he forgot where i was. So i got a missed approach. He gets me lined up again at 12 miles and 7500 feet for the second attempt, and i missed again, :oops: So around i go again, this time for 16R final shot as i had 500 pounds of fuel left, :) and got in there on 16R this time successfully.

All in a days work.

Had a great time. See you Wednesday for part two.

Great story. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:45 pm 

That's a possibility Aharon. My flight plan was a incomplete STAR so they were vectoring me in and giving altitudes. My last from him was descend and maintain 16000 and that's when the said argument started. :)

Anyway was a great time.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]