It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 am

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: October 20, 2012 Halloween Multi Up Event!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:43 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Hope all of you had great time listening to country and jazz music in Nashville during last weekend's event!!!

Allow me on behalf of Canadian Virtual airline to present............

There was a mysterious crash one mile from Alert, Canada that all personnel working at Alert Canadian Air Force base thought was simple case of meteor shower but they were under orders from Canadian national government to stay away from the crash site until scientists and space experts arrive to assess the situation.

BUT.................

An overambitious polar scientist researching on global warming theories and an overzealous journalist writing a newspaper article on effects of global warming problems decided to sneak out with dog sleds and dogs to go to the crash site to investigate and see if they can retrive something so that the scientist could win Nobel Prize for scientific discovery and the journalist could win Pultizer Prize for astounding reporting. They did retrieved something in body shape out of the crash debris and brought it back to one of the air force base buildings.

Big mistake You can guess the rest of story

Half of population of Alert Air Force base vanished and the rest went into hiding in buildings in hope they would not be discovered by what they called via SOS radio in Morse code to Canadian Air Force headquarters the words "murderous aliens on rampage...need combat soldiers with heavy automatic weapons to stop aliens".

Canadian Air Force had plenty of cargo planes but the problem was that they were spread out thin operating in Afghanstian, Iraq, and other parts of the world where they were participating in normal military excercises, and it would take few days to get those planes back to Canada to mount military and rescue operation which would be too late to save people at Alert. Time is essence!!

So it is UP TO ALL OF US CVA PILOTS under special contract from Canadian military authorities to organize military and rescue operation bringing and flying elite Canadian commandos with heavy sophisticated automatic weapons from CYRB Resolute airport, BGTL Thule Air Base or Thule Air Base/Pituffik Airport, and CYZF Yellowknife to CYLT Alert air force base to combat against the aliens while during return trips bringing back any survivors and wounded ones to the airports of original departures.

This is not a simple flight like flying in Caribbean. It requires extremely skillful piloting talents and clever fuel management. Any slightest misreading of any instrumental gauge can result into matter of life and death in vast frozen lands of Northwest Territories. Any pilot error or mishandling of gauge readings or bad fuel management can cost lives of Canadian commandos considering the fact that we are responsible for their safety. Remember that GPSs, FMCs, and sophisticated radars aboard the planes are rendered useless in extreme northern Arctic areas near North Pole. It is up to your pilot skills to conduct the operation in successful and safe manner.

Remember, this Saturday night when you are in CYLT Alert air force base dropping off commandos, DO NOT TURN OFF ENGINES. Keep engines running with full flaps down during 30 minute layoff processing boarding of survivors and wounded ones. This Wednesday night, you will fly empty to CYLT to pick up any surviving commandos and their equipment after their mission against dangerous aliens is over and completed hopefully with success.

Because the runway of CYLT Alert airbase is always icy, DO NOT USE BRAKES TOO MUCH. Use very light brake while relying completely on reverse thrusters. Retract the flaps immediately during braking down along the runway to prevent skidding.

Regarding fuel management, you should use for ROUND TRIP, not not one way trip an appropriate fuel load plus emergency fuel reserve according to federal regulations plus extra fuel for 30 to 45 minute of keeping engines running during stop at CYLT Alert. CYLT Alert does not have aviation fuel facilities as the aliens cleverly have them destroyed.

Please use CYLT Alert scenery that can be found on flightsim website using this search parameters CYLT. Use the file name called canalert.zip.

Here is list of flights for military and rescue operations:

For fly together group at the specific time stated on the movie poster , please use CYRB Resolute Bay Airport to CYLT Alert air force base and CYLT to CYRB routes in CVA schedule database.

Resolute Bay airport.....

For pilots who want short hop flight, please use BGTL Thule Air Base or Thule Air Base/Pituffik Airport to CYLT Alert Air Force base and CYLT to BGLT routes in CVA schedule database.

BGTL Thule Air Base

For pilots who want longer distance flights, please use CYZF Yellowknife airport to CYLT Alert air force base, then CYLT to CYRB for refueling stopover, and CYRB to CYZF.

Two views of CYLT Alert Airport......

Here is list of recommended aircrafts based specifically on flights.

For BGTL to CYLT and CYLT to BGTL only, use DC-4 that can be found on official CVA fleet download in both FS2004 and FSX sections. Yes CVA has been using DC-4 for years long before the plane became famous tv star in NWT ICE PILOTS for Buffalo Airways!!

For BGTL to CYLT and back, CYRB to CYLT and back, and CYZF to CYLT to CYRB to CYZF, please use 727-200F that can be found on official CVA fleet download in FS2004 section that will work in FSX if using clever aliasing to CVA's FSX MD-11's panel from the fleet download center. You can use payware Captain Sim 727-200s too.

For CYZF to CYLT to CYRB to CYZF, please use 737-800SP (special short field performance). You can use CVA textures that can be found on official CVA fleet download in both FS2004 and FSX sections and merge those with POSKY model base of ONLY 737-800SP special short field performance found on avsim or flightsim or any various websites. You can use special short field performance 737-800s from all payware software companies.

For all those flights, you can use only gravel version of freeware TinMouse II 737-200s found on avsim and flightsim as long as you use any Canada themed livery or any payware 737-200s with gravel kits.

Thank you for reading and have a SAFE FLIGHT!!! DO NOT FORGET PITOT TUBES!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Last edited by Aharon on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: October 20, 2012 Halloween Multi Up Event!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:52 pm 

This is fun already. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:55 pm 

Seams interesting, if i go to my sisters this weekend i may try to make it. if not and i end up getting a new laptop for home and FSX this week i may try it offline.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:31 am 

Nice event idea Ahraon! I just watched the episode of Ice Pilots where Buffalo took fuel to Alert in a Lockheed Electra.

Does anyone know of a good Electra addon?

Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:39 pm 

For the NGX users pmdg_737ngx_800wl_cva.zip by Keith Henry at avsim. Now just need a Ifly paint. I'll see what my sched looks like. This is one I'd love to fly. I'm thinking of coming out of CYFB Iqaluit.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:31 pm 

One thing I forgot to tell all of you. If you choose DC-4 for flight from BGTL to CYLT, you cannot fly above 10,000 ft for DC-4. Only exception is to avoid mountains or other planes which requires you to climb to 12,000 for only temporary reason and you must descend to 10,000 ft.

Also Frank will add this event's routes to CVA schedule data base as soon as possible. If you do not see such routes in CVA schedule, please just go ahead and fly one of the specific routes of this event on Vatsim and use vataware link as proof when filing manual PREIP

Quote:
CAF440 Tim:I'm thinking of coming out of CYFB Iqaluit.

Tim,

There is no route in CVA database for route from Iqaluit to CYLT. Please use one of routes mentioned in this event.

Thanks,

Aharon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:54 am 

Quote:
you cannot fly above 10,000 ft for DC-4

About a year and a half I did an upgrade to the DC-4 that allowed above 10,000 with an oxygen switch and guage
it was a lot more forgiving on the take offs but somehow it never made it to the download area.

<<EDITED>>

Just a pic showing the DC-4 above FL280

Last edited by Cal Jordan (CVA371) on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:23 pm 

Shalom and greeting all my pals,

Excited for this event???

I wanted to use specific waypoint route as seen on this link: http://vataware.com/flight.cfm?id=4977442 but could not find specific waypoints on my FSX map so I wound up with lame waypoint route which is CYRB YEU CYLT.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:59 pm 

While all of you are getting ready for northernmost flight in your entire life, here is nice reading material for you:

http://www.alpa.org/portals/alpa/magazi ... Bulous.pdf

Enjoy!!!

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:42 am 

Finished this event.

Darn it was impossible to find runway without GPS!! GPS gave me wrong info made me miss runway TWICE!!!

Arrggghhhhh

Very hard to spot runway in middle of snow!!!

CYLT scenery was nice!!!

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:40 pm 

Thanks to CVA0156 - Sudeer Shamsudeen and CVA0004 Frank Senecal for participating in the event. That makes total of three pilots including me for this event.

For anyone who has not yet flown to CYLT Alert from one of three departing airports, you are missing NOT ONLY difficulty to find runway out of snow in near North Pole WITHOUT AID OF GPS AND FMC but ALSO amazing beauty of WEIRD sun and WEIRD sky!!

Best time is to set the flight to October 10 in your FSX calender. This will allow you view beauty of sun and sky.

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:49 pm 

Hi all,

Just completed cyrb to cylt as Ahron said very difficult to find the airport, circled airport for landing on rwy 05. Here posting a small video of landing at Cylt.

Used ifly 737-600.

Link:http://youtu.be/K7SPXgYZarc

Regards

sudeer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 pm 

Nice landing and nice video Sudeer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

I could not complete the flight for the last couple of weeks I have had Joystick problems. :wink: Solved my problem today, Forcefeed in the trash and and the X3D on the desk.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 am 

mhooner wrote:
Nice landing and nice video Sudeer.

+1

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next