It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Important Personal Perspective on CVA Events
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:10 am 

I have been reading all of your comments on the events on the post about water float planes and there is one thing all of you fail to realize.

Darryl has put me in charge of events department during his absence (he wants this arrangement to be permanent but I do not feel comfortable stealing his job away from him so I told him I would continue as temporary director of events as long as he wants until he feels he is ready to take over) and it is my job to keep every single CVA pilot happy. It is my job to keep every single CVA pilot enthralled and excited about events every weekend. I am not in business to keep 25 percent of CVA pilots happy and 75 percent of CVA pilots unhappy simply because 25 percent prefers fly together group and 75 percent prefers participation in events OR I am not in business to keep 75 percent of CVA pilots happy and 25 percent of CVA pilots unhappy simply because 75 percent prefers fly together group and 25 percent prefers participation in events.

I am in business of keeping every single CVA pilot happy which is why I introduced lots of innovative ways to accommodate every CVA pilot's needs and flying tastes. I am not kind of person who will force any CVA pilot to get up at 4 am and have him or her fly in group with other pilots flying at their local 8:30 pm EST time zone.

Flying together is great. I am big firm believer in that but it cannot be 100 percent efficiency and it cannot be done due to the fact that CVA has grown to become a giant global international airline with international base of pilots from around the world with such so many different time zones to the point that it is totally impossible to make 00:30z meeting for fly together. Even within Canada, vast time zone difference across Canada still presents problems for CVA pilots trying to fly together at customary 00:30 zulu time on Saturday and Wednesday nights.

And all of you have to keep that in mind when most of you keep insisting on fly together groups at specific time instead of participation in events because it cannot be done as shown in past.

For people who want fly together groups, you still have 00:30z departure time. That has never never been changed and you should utilize that.

What I am going to do in order to keep EVERY SINGLE CVA PILOT happy is to introduce new event system starting October 13, 2012. The system will be that there will be few choices to specific SINGLE airport of destination. Choice one will be 00:30z group flight like good old CVA times for anyone who insists in fly together excitement. Choice two will be short hop flight to SAME specific single airport of destination for pilots who has no time for more than one hour flight due to busy real life schedules. Choice three will be medium hop flight to SAME single airport of destination for people who have time for 2 hour flights. Choice four will be long haul flight to same single airport of destination for people who dislike short or medium flights but love long flights. And choice fifth is of course that CVA pilots can pick one out of four choices suited to his or her flying tastes. I will not tell all pilots that it is required imperative for them to fly together in group because many will unable to make the fly together group at specific time but do want to fly on events. I want to make events available for every single CVA pilot instead of turning him or her off because he or she cannot make 00:30z meeting for fly together group.

Also, I have system that there will be jet operation events for three straight weekends and then propeller operation event on one weekend and then jet operations for three straight weekends and then propeller operation on one weekend and so on. The only exception to this arrangement is when I see real world event occurances that would require use of propeller operation to enhance world realism such as providing emergency relief aid by prop planes to disaster areas of a country.

This is ONLY way to keep every single CVA pilot happy. I am not going to keep some pilots happy and some pilots unhappy. That is not my job. My job is to keep every single pilot happy.

Thank you for reading.

Aharon

Post subject: Re: Important Personal Perspective on CVA Events
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:21 am 

Quote:
My job is to keep every single pilot happy

No it's not.

Why not just call them Challenges and pick flights that would be a challenge to some of the pilots, IE trying to land at PARO or Kai Tak
or IFR Challenge where the weather has to be set maybe a downloaded weather file.
Something to improve the pilots flying ability.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:01 am 

Aharon is doing a great job for the Multi, I don't think he has strayed much from the Multis from when I first joined CVA. I know I couldn't do that week after week. His only flaw is being a tad overaggressive in his posting.

I think some might be mixing apples and oranges. CVA had the traditional Multi when I first joined; pilots get together in the air and radio on weekends. This has slowly evolved with planetwide membership to become more of a fly-whenever-you-can Multi. Which is fine, it is impossible to get everyone across all timezones together week after week. Not gonna happen.

And now there is a new growing need; a challenge that pilots can test their skills against the elements and compare between each other. I for one would love this. Implementing this could be complicated. I would encourage use of all sorts of aircraft; helos and delta-kite-thingy included. Someone could start a new thread in the General forum.

The Multi is one thing, the Challenge is another. The Multi is to relax, the Challenge should be to push you to the limit. I nominate Cal as Challenge Coordinator. :D :P

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:22 pm 

Cal Jordan (CVA371) wrote:
IE trying to land at PARO or Kai Takor IFR Challenge where the weather has to be set Something to improve the pilots flying ability.

Quote:
CVA0014Robert:The Multi is one thing, the Challenge is another. The Multi is to relax, the Challenge should be to push you to the limit.

Cal and Robert,

That has ALREADY been done and HAS ALREADY been planned.

Cal, If you have conversation with Frank, he will tell you that I already planned PARO airport event and he will tell you I have lots of secret plannings for what you and Robert call "CHALLENGING".

Cal and Robert, In case both of you have not noticed, one of my methods for events is to mix challenge with event. London City airport was one of examples of challenge. I am sure both of you would recall from past events that I on many occassions said "one of most dangerous airports".

That is why I used Aspen airport known as one of most dangerous airports as example of challenge in one of past events. I also used in one of the events Castlegear airport which was considered most dangerous and challenging airport in entire Canada.

Yes I am BIG FIRM BELIEVER in ultimate challenges and I love to post excitement and challenge to CVA pilots by announcing events full of challenges.

However, both of you have to remember that the last thing I need is to bother very busy Frank to ask him to create new routes hence you see me inserting new challenging airports few times. I am under orders from CVA owner to utilize CVA route database for a lot for events while asking little (NOT TOO MUCH) Frank to create new routes few times.

Oh yes I already have SECRET plans for coming events that will pose ultimate challenge to all of you. If both of you do not believe me, ask Frank and he will admit I am tellign truth BUT DO NOT FORCE HIM TO REVEAL SECRET PLANS for future events.

Yes, Cal and Robert, both of you can count on future events that will pose ultimiate challenge but please remember that patience is important and I cannot bother Frank all the time to ask him to create new routes. Also please remember that I did insert challenge environment many times in past events.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

Howdy Gents,

As Aharon has pointed out I asked him to temporarily take on the Multi flights coordination as my life has been turned upside down for the past 6 months and likely not slowing down anytime soon! I think he has done a good job to date in continuing with the tradition of weekly multi's and taking the time to plan events for the few people that do come out. To those who do come out we certainly appreciate it. I know from past planning as well as others that it takes time to think of new events every week and to try to put a new spin on things.

The challenge we have had over the years has always been to get a good turnout of pilots at a regular event. This is largely due to the fact that we have so many different time zones for all of our pilots. As well, many of us have busy lives in general which complicates things further.

CVA has always been about having a mixture of recreational to real world level challenges and we have provided the infrastructure to allow those to make it as fun or as real as it can get.

Cal has offered a great suggestion and lets not overlook that. I agree with him these types of events are fun and challenging to many pilots both new and old. Aharon has tried to provide some of those challenges and I think will continue to do so in the future.

If anything - we have a vast membership here and there has never been a shortage of helpful suggestions to make things better over the years. So - let's continue that tradition! Let's help Aharon (or whoever) plan the multi's of the future by offering some more ideas. Let's hear from not only the old members but some of our newest members as well as to what they would like to see...what would help to bring them out to events.

I'm hoping at some point to have yet again another CVA real world anniversary flight as Robert (Ottawa) got to experience a few years ago. Maybe this time we can get some others from around Ontario / Quebec to join in with us and I can offer up house space for a party and we can head out for a day of flying in my C172 :D When we plan the event we can also post it to the CVA members so they can tag along virtually with us. It likely won't be until next spring / summer but hopefully we can get one going again.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:10 pm 

I'm in. :mrgreen:

And we shouldn't forget that we can also piggyback on VATSIM events. Save a lot of trouble and end up with other traffic too. The only trouble is getting one in the right time slot. Something to keep in mind.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 am 

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
And we shouldn't forget that we can also piggyback on VATSIM events. Save a lot of trouble and end up with other traffic too. Something to keep in mind.

Rob,

That is what I did in past events and I am doing now and will continue do this in future events until Darryl comes back and reassume coverage of events.

A good example is tomorrow night's event to KIAD. I selected KIAD for the event of October 6, 2012 because VATUSA division of Vatsim is having a big event at KIAD on same night up to 03:00z which suits well with CVA's traditional and customary 00:30z event time.

The main reason I like to combine Vatsim events with CVA events sometimes for CVA events is that it creates excitement and challenge for CVA pilots to navigate through extremely busy airspace full of 100 planes heading to same runway.

Unfortunately, some CVA pilots do not like Vatsim or even its controllers which there is nothing I can do.

Rest assured, I intend to incorporate into some of next CVA events what you call "piggyback on VATSIM events". Darryl will confirm to you that I always utilize VATSIM events for CVA events.

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 pm 

Yes, I knew that. I should have said it that way. :wink:

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]