It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:25 am

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: October 6, 2012 Multi Up Event!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:09 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Hope all of you had fantastic time trying out water float planes flying to three seaplane bases last weekend!!!!!

Allow me present for this Saturday night October 6, 2012 and this Wednesday night October 10, 2012 both at 00:30z or 8:30 pm EST (pls check your local time zone) new exciting event called:

CVA'S MONTREAL EXPOS TEAM ALUMNI REUNIONImage

Washington Nationals team that was former Montreal Expos team right now have made playoffs for first time in 32 years since the former Expos team won its only division championship in the strike-shortened split season of 1981.

All Expos alumni players and Montreal sport fans got excited and made arrangements with CVA for many round charter flights from CYUL Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport in Montreal to KIAD Washington Dulles International Airport 26 miles west of downtown Washington, D.C. to celebrate and watch the team playing playoff games this weekend and the following week including this Wednesday. Then they go from KIAD in Washington DC to CYHZ Halifax/Robert L. Stanfield International Airport in Enfield, Nova Scotia to have lobster food parties and to exchange stories of memories of glorious years of Montreal Expos before heading home to CYUL in Montreal.

Please use the following flights for this event:

CYUL Montreal Airport

5638(CYUL - KIAD)
Suggested Equipment: Class 4
Distance: 471mi
Route: V282 BUGSY SYR J59 PSB PSB2

KIAD airport

2227(KIAD - CYHZ)
Departure: 17:30 Arrival: 19:45
Suggested Equipment:Class 2
Distance: 824.74mi
Route: PTW J77 BOS J575 HIDIG MAHNE5

CYHZ airport

5609(CYHZ - CYUL)
Suggested Equipment: Class four
Distance: 434mi
Route: V310 ARDEE J506 FRENN J500 MLT VLV J509/V352 MAIRE MAIRE6

Thank you for reading. Have a great flight!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: October 6, 2012 Multi Up Event!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 pm 

be careful of potholes in the runway at CYHZ!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scoti...lifax.html
Quote:
Some travellers are still waiting to get out of the Halifax Stanfield International Airport as repairs continue on a runway problem that shut down air traffic for hours Sunday night.

Crews were paving a hole —about three centimetres deep and 50 centimetres in diameter — in the runway on Monday.

Peter Spurway, spokesman for the airport, said it's not clear what caused the pothole.

"We've had the sort of asphalt expert take look at it. We believe it was weather related, we had a great deal of rain, water got under this particular patch," he said.

Over 27 flights out were cancelled Sunday and 8 flights were diverted from Halifax.

"It's very regrettable and we apologize for this inconvenience and at the same time, safety is paramount it simply wasn't a situation that could be worked around it had to be addressed immediately which meant that yesterday afternoon that runway had to be closed right away," said Spurway.

There is another runway at the airport, but it is undergoing construction and didn't have proper landing lights.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 pm 

If anybody is interested, there is amazing payware KIAD scenery by BluePrints Simulations software company. Also, in future, Flightbeams famed for great KSFO scenery is working on KIAD scenery.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:14 pm 

Many many thanks to CVA0004 Frank Senecal and CVA00024 Rob Vanderkam for participating in this exciting event.

If there is any pilot that I accidentally omit from thanking, please accept my apologies and please mention in this thread that any of you have participated in the event so that I can tally the accurate count of numbers of pilots participating in the event.

I trust all of you got nice ATC assistance and coverage from KIAD airport controllers.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:24 pm 

Wow. The "Dulles Overload" event was busy! Here are a few pics.

Leaving CYUL with Frank pushing back at the gate.

Frank on the west vector of a hold while I'm on the east. We only had to do one loop though.

Coming in on 01R. Interesting approach of 2000' until on the glideslope.

Me at the gate and Frank was coming in but had to go around.

Me leaving a very busy KIAD on RWY 30.

Thanks for the company!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:34 pm 

Great shots and many thanks for participation in the exciting event, Rob.

Do you know what caused Frank to abort landing and go around????

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

I had great time, It's great to have company traffic. I had to go around for some reason I could not control the aircraft properly (I think time for a new joystick or controller) . I set myself up to land 01R then could not get a response from Tower to get Clearence to land. No clearance so I forced to go around. I realized because of the lack of control I was not going to make the trip so I loged off. I am wondering would icing have caused this reduced control? But I don't think there was icing conditions at that time. Makes me wonder. Also why is it that Vatsim controllers always call us Canadian Expres or something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:34 am 

CVA9214 wrote:
Also why is it that Vatsim controllers always call us Canadian Expres or something like that.

I thought CVA was supposed to use "Canadian" and a number. Eg. for me "Canadian 1077" Am I correct?

Thanks
Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 am 
Site Admin

cva1077 wrote:
CVA9214 wrote:
Also why is it that Vatsim controllers always call us Canadian Expres or something like that.

I thought CVA was supposed to use "Canadian" and a number. Eg. for me "Canadian 1077" Am I correct?

Thanks
Ryan

You are supposed to use Canadian. CVA is an original VA that dates back I think 13 or 14 years. Vatsim is mistaking us for a VA call CXA. CXA is a VA that was formed a couple of years ago from a defunct VA Call Air Canada VA. They have fewer members but a stronger presence because their members are more addicted to this hobby than we are. They get around 1200 hours per month of ours all on Vatsim compared to our 300 hours a months and half on Vatsim. So they are well known to Vatsim hence the confusion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:38 am 

CVA9214 wrote:
cva1077 wrote:
CVA9214 wrote:

Thanks
Ryan

You are supposed to use Canadian. CVA is an original VA that dates back I think 13 or 14 years. Vatsim is mistaking us for a VA call CXA. CXA is a VA that was formed a couple of years ago from a defunct VA Call Air Canada VA. They have fewer members but a stronger presence because their members are more addicted to this hobby than we are. They get around 1200 hours per month of ours all on Vatsim compared to our 300 hours a months and half on Vatsim. So they are well known to Vatsim hence the confusion.

I'm with them also, was CXA524 Till i got removed due to being inactive, just rejoined last month i think and i'm now CXA551(till i can get it changed back if possible)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:58 am 

Controller have the look up table for all those names, and when you correct them, they always appreciate it (cause they do try their best). I usually just keep using "CANADIAN 199" real loud and clear and hope they get it, then after that I'll just casually mention the correction.

This time I let it go for quite a while, because I was really making a hash of my flight and thought people would think Canadian Expressers were a bunch of newbies! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:00 am 

CVA9214 wrote:
. Vatsim is mistaking us for a VA call CXA. CXA is a VA that was formed a couple of years ago from a defunct VA Call Air Canada VA.

Not defunct Air Canada.

CXA was formed out of closed AirCanadian virtual airline as seen on this website: http://www.aircanadian.com/.

I heard from virtual airline industry grapevine that in 2009, pilots and managers of AirCanadian mutinied with demands of new ideas against owner of AirCanadian and the VA owner got fed up deciding to close the ten year old VA leaving 400 pilots out in cold. So surviving managers and pilots decided to start new CXA virtual airline based on AirCanadian.

AirCanadian along with CVA Canadian virtual airline are Canada's two greatest virtual airlines of all time. It is shame that AirCanadian is gone.

Aharon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 pm 

In addition to already mentioned names of the CVA pilots in the previous post in this thread, many thanks to CVA0156 Sudeer Shamsudeen and CVA0190 Barry Diffenderfer for participating in this event.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:29 pm 

Also many thanks to CVA0036 Eugene Graham for participation in this event.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:35 am 

Hi gents!

It's good to be back here at CVA!

Usually a controller will get the callsign from from hearing it from you.
However, high traffic, or a radio problem, can cause this to become confused.

So what I do is put the callsign in the comments area of the flight plan.

It helps...trust me. :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next