It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:53 am 
Hi Guys:
I really enjoyed the last massive Flyout of Toronto with a flyin from a sister VA into Toronto. While that is nice and taxes the skill of the controllers. I would like to add a twist to a flyin into Toronto.

With 3 different Hubs (Sqn's old military guy) I would like to see YHZ hub invade from the east arranging their departure to arrive in Toronto as the same time YVR Hub arrives from KDTW and Toronto hub invading from the North out of YYB.

Here is the catch to the whole operation. Instead of just doing straight in and stop, pilots would have a choice to do either a hold at one of the published holds YWT, YSO or Borden(just request one turn in the hold) or go past the hold and when handed off to approach request a touch and go and on the go then cancelling IFR going tower for one circuit with the tower VFR (WX permitting) to a full stop landing. This will test all the controllers skills plus allow us to fly our big planes manually and do a one circuit to a full stop.

Some guys will want to fly their favourite Dash8 or BE190 others will want the big heavy to beat up the air. Everyone gets to practice a skill both controller and pilot. All flights are within one hour of destination so it will be short and sweet and hectic. You can imagine what servinfo would look like as we mass for the invasion of Toronto from three directions.

Toronto was selected because of dual rwy support but the principle can be applied to any major airport if it is a coordinated attack. Once we perfect it lets take it on the road and invade a US city and finally europe and those hot shot controllers over there.

Post your thoughts as I will be interested in hearing what you have to say. Anyone have a suggested date in the new year for this speak up and lets plan a memorable event.

Phil Knox
CVA613

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:45 pm 
Phil et al,

That sounds like a lot of fun, let's hope we can arrange something.

Cheers Rod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:06 pm 

Sounds like a hair raiser for sure.If I can make it I'll be there.
regards :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]