It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:39 pm 

Not to steal the thunder from any of the other hubs, but I wanted to give a big heads-up to all the pilots for the July 14th Multi.

CYVR will be putting on a "Fire-Fighting" multi. Scenery has been developed, and we will be attacking the blaze from the air. Details will be announced the week before the event, as usual.

Just wanted to give everyone time to find, download and test any fire fighting aircraft that they wish to use for this multi. There are some great aircraft available from the major FS sights, such as the A-26 Invader, Airtractor 802 and C-119.

FS2000/2002 users may also enjoy the CL215/415 aircraft, which allow you to reload the water tanks by "skimming" along the surface of any large area of water (there is a lake VERY close to the fire).

Rotor-heads may also look for the Erickson Aircrane and Sikorsky Firehawk, available at hovercontrol.com.

I'm looking forward to this event. If anyone needs any help locating a suitable "water bomber", post your request here and I'm sure you'll get tons of help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:36 pm 
I'll be there with the Erickson 64. Be careful with firehawk at higher altitudes, it doesn't have the lift capability for a full tank of water. Almost drowned while filling up. I was only at 3000 feet MSL..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:22 pm 

Yeah, Michel, I had that too...

I've learned to operate it at 50% fuel, or less if possible. Seems to do alright like that, although you only get about an hour of flight ops before you have to refuel again...

I think I'll have the firehawk out for this on! :biggrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:56 am 

Ya, right Keith. We know YOU....

You're just gonna take the Firehawk so you only hafta work ONE lousy hour before heading for a "re-fill".

As DS would say....glug glug glug.

Ya lush....but this DOES explain your landing abilities.

Slacker...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]