It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pilot list sorting
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:00 pm 

Dear IT Department:
- Would it be possible to include the ability to sort the pilot roster by number of flights, hours flown etc.
this was possible in the past but disappeared I think when we renumbered the veteran pilots.
- I kinda like to see where I stand in the rankings, adds a bit of competition and motivation.
- Another idea, those who have not entered a flight in the last 30 days get dropped to an inactive section at the bottom of the list.
to become listed as an active pilot again, one would just have to fly a flight every 30 days.
- I am not suggesting dumping of "inactives" just moving down to bottom of the list. It would aid in seeing
how many pilots are actually out there working every month.

Just some suggestions to make CVA better.

more to follow.

Post subject: Re: Pilot list sorting
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

I sent an email to Darryl about your post. He does check in every now and then I think he can answer this for you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Peter!

Good to hear from you after so many years and nice to see you still around. Seems kind of funny saying that as I rarely seem to get online nowadays myself...but...I did rebuild my computer recently and even got a couple flights in :D Who knows...maybe I'll even be brave enough to get back on VATSIM shortly :)

Re your questions:

I will see what we can do but no promises. We overhauled the website a number of years ago and it is now programmed in a new language that I am not as familiar with hence it makes things a little more difficult to program. I can reach out and see if I can contact the original web developer to see what options there may be but I think they have since moved on.

I believe today there is a way to have inactive pilots simply not show up on the roster after a period of time. If they log a flight then they simply show up on the roster again. I'll need to double check on that...

Will see what I can do otherwise.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

I have gone through and done some cleanup as of today so at least now the pilot roster reflects a more accurate view of our "active" pilots. The pilots shown now are people that have logged a pirep since July 1st, 2016. All other pilots have been placed in the inactive status and don't show up on the page however as soon as they log a flight they will reappear on the active pilot roster.

I need to take a closer look at the coding which will take some time because there are some issues I think with the auto Active / Inactive pilot status. It's complex and I may have to simply manually do this from time to time instead but at least for now it is more up to date.

I'll see about trying to put together some other stats pages as well when I have some time per your request.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:51 pm 

Thanks Frank and Daryl for your replies.

Wow! we sure shrank down after you cleaned up, but hopefully the numbers will increase as the winter comes, summer is usually slow around here.
We might want to keep an eye on that
Thanks for looking into this, I'm not trying to be demanding, its just that I have a few ideas that I would like to put out there and see what the response is.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]