It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Am I Insane? (see linked page, then answer)
 Nah, you're fine - this is perfectly normal human behavior  100%  100%  [ 7 ]
 You call that a rig? -- My sim-pit has motion hydraulics!  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
 You might wanna get your head checked...  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
 Dude, "sanity" sees this and jumps right out the window  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
 Madness?! THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!!  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

Post subject: Taking Flight Sim from a hobby to the utter limits of sanity
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:16 pm 

Just thought I'd share a couple of newly taken pictures of my homely flight deck - click the image for a link to my tumblr page where you can see and read more about it :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Taking Flight Sim from a hobby to the utter limits of sa
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:15 pm 

Tres geeky William!
I think you have me beat but I would like to point out that although I don't have any bungee cords I do have an old "ergonomic" circular saw wrench that I turned up side down and screwed underneath one of the three super duper industrial keyboard trays I salvaged from the trash at work to hang my G930's on. :D (you can barely see them under the G13 gaming pad on the left of this picture)

Plus also although she is rather clumsy at times my "geek pit" has a *live* female copilot who presses every button on every HID exactly when I don't want her to!

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:16 pm 

Awesome setup, man!

I was meaning to get me those Saitek levers and trim wheel doodads - hopefully I'll soon be not as broke as I am right now, and can put them in the next upgrade order along with that amazing new X55 HOTAS they got coming out... My x52 is beginning to show some undeniable signs of age :|

Then, seeing your co-pilot there has something of a resemblance with another little "frequent flyer" I know:

true story: when I moved to Canada, she flew with me inside the passenger cabin, leaving some noseprints on the inner window pane - but as those seated next to us would agree, she behaved far, far better than most "airplane babies" usually do :mrgreen:

I was only able to manage not having her ride in the cargo hold in one of those boxes because in the US (and as far as American Airlines cares) an "emotional support dog" qualifies as a service animal, and with a letter from my shrink she could then board as such :roll:
In truth, I really feel more like I'm her "service human" rather than the other way around... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:41 am 

Love and envy the setups for FS. I became RW insane the minute I took the stick of a USCG MH65C :lol:

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:00 pm 

CVA1408 wrote:
Awesome setup, man!

I was meaning to get me those Saitek levers and trim wheel doodads - hopefully I'll soon be not as broke as I am right now, and can put them in the next upgrade order along with that amazing new X55 HOTAS they got coming out... My x52 is beginning to show some undeniable signs of age :|

Then, seeing your co-pilot there has something of a resemblance with another little "frequent flyer" I know:
... :lol:

I had the X52 before the yoke seen here, I programmed so many macros into it I never needed to lift my hands off the stick/throttle to fly a whole flight from beginning to end :)

Check out my cabin steward, well actually he belongs to my oldest daughter but he's always over going nuts hence the "steward" role, The TSB won't allow him in my cockpit, safety concerns for mankind or something :)

CAF440 wrote:
Love and envy the setups for FS. I became RW insane the minute I took the stick of a USCG MH65C :lol:

You throw something like the "MH65C" in and you don't even need a picture. Very nice! I threw this up on Flightsim yesterday in case you are interested.

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:21 am 

Saw that one Gary and jumped on it. Gotta fill my RCAF 440Sq hanger :D . I do miss Yellowknife RW since getting sent back to the USCG. At least up there I had peace, not a crazy border lol. I still keep a picture of #802 and the crew I was with in my office here at Corpus with a RCAF Flag.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]