It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 am

Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:48 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I hope this forum is right place for me to make new route suggestions.

KSEA and KPDX are having vatsim event tomorrow night (Friday the 8th) and would it be good idea if CVA creates new routes to those airports from any Canadian airport about a hour or 2 away?? Our current routes from CYVR to those airports are too short.

May I suggest class 2 flight routes from CYEG to two airports please? This is about one hour flight.

Two hour class 2 or 3 flight to KSEA and KPDX from any Canadian or Alaskan airport would be appreciated too.

It will be good for promoting your VA in that particular vatsim event.

Thank you very much for your attention in this matter.

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:41 am 

You have to be kidding? ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:55 am 

Bill Haystead wrote:
You have to be kidding? ???

I am sorry but I do not understand??

What is wrong with requesting new routes from Canadian airports to KSEA and KPDX???

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:17 pm 

Nothing wrong with requesting new routes, Ahron. Asking for new routes to be added immediately so that you can participate in some Vatsim event, the next day, is a bit much, don't you think?

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

I believe is that Bill is implying, that if we build routes based on Vatsim events and or any other events in our hobby here it may create too many useless routes. We have about 870 routes already in our system and at least 10% of them have not been flown. The routes are being remodeled to accommodate better use by our members. So when this is accomplished we can verify the needs for route expansion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:00 pm 

Bill Haystead wrote:
Nothing wrong with requesting new routes, Ahron. Asking for new routes to be added immediately so that you can participate in some Vatsim event, the next day, is a bit much, don't you think?

Cheers Bill

well I put request few days before the event. And the event was announced rather at last minute notice. What can I say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:05 pm 

CVA9214 wrote:
I believe is that Bill is implying, that if we build routes based on Vatsim events and or any other events in our hobby here it may create too many useless routes. We have about 870 routes already in our system and at least 10% of them have not been flown.

I understand but does it strike you bit strange there are no major routes to KSEA and KPDX especially KSEA is a major destination for many airlines. Even Icelandic airline in real life opened new non stop route from Iceland to KSEA with strange comment saying that KSEA is important and profitable route.

So why not one or 2 hour routes from major Canadian and Alaskan airports such CYEG or something? This will give gorgeous scenic flying view of Rockies as well as KSEA's famous Mount Ranier. In other words, combo of Canadian Rockies and Mount Rainer in ONE flight is WOW WOW!!! Right?

Moreover, KSEA sometimes have Friday events many times.

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Aharon wrote:
CVA9214 wrote:
I believe is that Bill is implying, that if we build routes based on Vatsim events and or any other events in our hobby here it may create too many useless routes. We have about 870 routes already in our system and at least 10% of them have not been flown.

I understand but does it strike you bit strange there are no major routes to KSEA and KPDX especially KSEA is a major destination for many airlines. Even Icelandic airline in real life opened new non stop route from Iceland to KSEA with strange comment saying that KSEA is important and profitable route.

So why not one or 2 hour routes from major Canadian and Alaskan airports such CYEG or something? This will give gorgeous scenic flying view of Rockies as well as KSEA's famous Mount Ranier. In other words, combo of Canadian Rockies and Mount Rainer in ONE flight is WOW WOW!!! Right?

Moreover, KSEA sometimes have Friday events many times.

Aharon

Hi Aharon,

We are working on revising the route schedules behind the scenes at the moment. I'm sure you can understand that with so many destinations around the world and with almost 900 routes that CVA has in place today there is a lot to sort through.

Of the routes we do have today we are first trying to ensure that we have the proper return routes as well (many are missing). So, cleanup of existing routes is the priority. New routes are being added regularly with the multi events each week if it is not already a route we have in place today.

We will get to your request when possible, and, possibly this is a good idea for a future multi route that we can look at. Unfortunately just did not have time to get it setup for this multi.

We try to do our best and please as many of the pilots as possible but as with any volunteer organization we have busy lives to attend to outside of the VA and so sometimes things take time to implement.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:16 pm 

Darryl,

Thanks for your kind words!!! Do not mean to put too much imposition or request on CVA.

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 am 

Darryl, is there any way for a member to be able to create a route "of the cuff", for things such as VatSim Events, and the such, that can be loaded with FSACARS, or just submit the flight for approval and then put in the remarks, what it was to get credit for it.

I to am haviing frustrations similar to Aharon, finding that both routes and aircraft are too restrictive. I have a few aircraft I like to fly and feel I have pay'd my dues, and don't see why I have to use that aircraft or exact class of aircraft on a particular route I want to fly, (that I am eligible for). Why can't I use a Class 4 or 5 aircraft on a 1 or 2 hour Class 2 or 3 route ? I do believe this was aload, before all the changes.

A simple solution to things like this would be to allow the individual to select the aircraft he or she wants to use on a particular route when filling the BID. Or have the route listed more then once with a different class aircraft and different flight number.

I realize this would take time, but a Virtual Airline that has a reasonable amount of flexability is much more fun to fly for.

I think the amount that I have been fliing of late will speak for that. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:43 pm 

Katron,

I agree with you on routes but not on aircraft choices.

I agree with you that CVA should have free flight policy so that any CVA pilot can participate in exciting Vatsim events that happen every day. It is very good public relation and advertising for CVA as it represents CVA while catching everybody's attention and make it drawn to CVA. That is what I am trying to advocating.

FSCARS is capable of handling free flights using CVA's list of aircraft choices as long as you file SPECIFIC information such airports, altitude, CVA callsign, and waypoint routes to avoid malfunctions or refusal to upload. FSCARS can handle both fixed routes from database and free flights from manual filing and can record both.

I cannot agree with you on aircraft choice because if CVA wants specific ranks for specific aircrafts, then we must follow them. It is matter of strict discipline.

CVA policy allows you to use aircraft at one class ABOVE the flight's class status but NOT TWO classes above. For example, if the flight is class2, you can use class 3 plane BUT not class 4.

You cannot use class 3 or 4 for class 1 flight because class 3 or 4 planes are too fast for class 1 flights which would be like cheating or acceleration.

For class 1 flight, you can use class 2 planes. That would be 727 in CVA fleet .

Also, you are allowed to use any plane that is NOT in CVA fleet AS LONG AS you are very honest and careful to use right planes according to classes. For instance, 757 not in CVA fleet is considered class three which can be used in class 3 or 2 flights and you would need to ask CVA if baby Airbus A318 is considered class2 or 3 plane

A330-200 is considered in same class as 767.

And so on.

Hope this helps you.

And please rememeber, we have to dread lightly not to offend the CVA management because they work too hard running CVA without getting paid or even thanks or even Chanukah gifts.

CVA management, would be good idea if you start new routes from CYUL and CYQB to Midway-Chicago airport.

CYQB needs routes to KLGA and KDCA as well as few major Canadian and American airports. There is amazing and cool FREEWARE CYQB airport scenery that CVA management should take advantage of and it is surprising that CYQB has only four routes out. Did you know there is A340 service to CYQB????

Aharon

Edited By Aharon on 1263221053

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:57 pm 

I wasn't aware that I could use a class 3 aircraft for a class 2 flight, ect.
That is a resonable comprimise, and I wasn't triing to suggest that we fly aircraft above our rank.
I think following the ranking system is very important. I had to go through it too, and it takes time to get used to things like VATSIM/ATC, VFR/IFR rules, and Charts ect.

I thought I was a pretty good pilot, when I joined up, way back when, and quickly realized I knew NOTHING !

I am well aware of the work that Darryl and company do for the site, and am very apprecative of it.
I have been a member for a long time, and will continue to be loyal. I just haven't been around as much of late, and was getting a little confused as to the new rules.

Thanks for the explaination. That HELPS a TON :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:00 pm 

Oh ya, Can I use a class 4 aircraft for a Class 5 flight if the Aircraft is capable of the flight, or a 2 o a 3 ect ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:06 pm 

Hey Guys,
I think maybe something is being taken a bit out of context.
If you check the Members Handbook you will see what the restrictions are. In a nutshell, you may fly any aircraft that you are qualified to fly by virtue of your rank and that is the only restriction. I believe the system of designating classes of aircraft and their association with specific routes was done for the purpose providing a structure that keeps the skill requirements and experience level of pilots more or less in step as pilots progress.
There is, however, no restriction specified in the Members Handbook with respect to which aircraft is allowed to be used on which route so if you are qualified to fly class 5 equipment then you can do so on any routes in the schedule if you want to. If you are only qualified to fly class 1,2 and 3 aircraft then you can fly any one of those aircraft on any class 1, 2 or 3 route and so on.
At least that is the context in which I have always understood the aircraft and routes association.
The higher you up the pilot qualification ladder, the fewer the restricitions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

Sure, you can fly any aircraft on any route you want. It may sit waiting be approved for a few months, but you can fly it.

If you expect me to approve a 747-400 flight from CYZR to CYXU, I will resign my duties. I for one cannot accept a departure from reality on that scale.

I gotta get to work, hopefully someday we will have a clear and new pilot handbook that will rule out all this controversy.

Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next