It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ok Aharon CJY2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 am 

Well Aharon made a scenery Req to me for airstrip in Nunavut. Target Cornwallis Island aka Polaris to me and current RW RCAF 440Sq Pilots. Ive been there a couple times and also flew in there a couple times. There is no word of feeling to describe RW how and what it's like except stone bone cold.
I have added a little creative touch with a mist effect to simulate the Cold Air there around the month of January and the Oil and mining exploration and Iced the Rwy.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

Post subject: Re: Ok Aharon CJY2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:28 pm 

Thanks Tim,

Can you e-mail me the download for this cool 10,000 ft ice runway scenery with cool oil fields in background please? Do you have your own website with download facilities?

Will your scenery be recognized by GPS in FSX and FS2004 (FS9), please?

Thanks,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:10 pm 

Aharon wrote:
Thanks Tim,

Can you e-mail me the download for this cool 10,000 ft ice runway scenery with cool oil fields in background please? Do you have your own website with download facilities?

Will your scenery be recognized by GPS in FSX and FS2004 (FS9), please?

Thanks,

Aharon

At current she is FSX only, my Fs9 got lost on the way from Iqaluit to Texas in the transfer and move, darn moving contractors lol.Im using my RCAF Log book and flight reports with Environment Canada for Airport data. historically a 10000ft Rwy was only used about 15 times and was extended from the current 4382Ft. That's pretty typical to increase size of Rwy, as hard winter sets in allowing a extension. Otherwise about 9 moths she avg 4382ft give or take a few feet. Now in Fs where talking another critter Landclass and mowing a hill and flushing it. Im gonna see if I can get it to 10000Ft. Typically a 737-200C can land on as little as 3000ft and get out. It's done at CDK2 Diavik all the time and also many other ice strips. The RW challenge is getting Ice conditions and spotting soft area's from the air :shock: Nothing worse then sinking the nose of a 737. The scenery does show on GPS and I will most likely will put the scenery on my Arctic FTP and Avsim.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 pm 

CAF440 wrote:
The scenery does show on GPS and I will most likely will put the scenery on my Arctic FTP and Avsim.

You cannot imagine how much I am very very excited and glad to look forward to your custom made scenery!!! Will your announcement to put the scenery on Avsim include 10,000 ft ice runway and all cool oil rigs and oil buildings???

Aharon

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]