Page 1 of 3 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Flights to exotic destinations
 Individual flights to each of those destinations.  31%  31%  [ 5 ]
 Montreal - Nassau, then flights to destinations.  13%  13%  [ 2 ]
 Montreal - St Maarten, then flights to destinations.  56%  56%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:58 pm 

What the hay, I totally forgot we can put up polls.

I'm taking a serious look at 15 exotic destinations for the B767 out of Montreal:

- Nassau, Bahamas
- Varadero, Cuba
- Cancun, Mexico
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles
- St Johns, Antigua And Barbuda
- Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe
- Vieuxfort, Saint Lucia
- Barbados, Barbados
- St Georges, Grenada
- Scarborough, Trinidad And Tobago

How would you like the routes to be organized?

a) individual flights between Montreal and each of those destinations.

We already have a LOT of routes over US airspace already.

b) Montreal - Nassau, and then flights from Nassau to the remaining 14 destinations.

This would be the realistic way of doing things, but this isn't a real job and we're here to have fun.

c) Montreal - St Maarten, and then flights from St Maarten to the remaining 14 destinations.

This would minimize time over US airspace, give maximum airtime over the Islands and a lot of traffic in and out of St Maarten.

Let me know what you folks think and then I'll do I wanted to do in the first place anyways. :D

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:07 pm 

If you don't know what St Maarten is like, then you have to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8KjPNj2jgw

HyperX Cloud II headset,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:46 pm 

Shalom pals,

If you want to see TNCM video featuring our own CVA, check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3o6nEGZ_o4

Also, Robert, what about Bermuda???

I believe passengers want non stop service to exotic destinations from Canada:):):)

I am not sure that 767s can handle TNCM. I have not seen a single video of 767s using TNCM???? Also, TNCM does not have enough room for invasion of CVA's big tins.

What about TJSJ?? There is terrific payware quality FREEWARE TJSJ airport scenery!!!!!! And TJSJ is more center in Caribbean than Nassau.

Haiti??? It is in destruction and will take 2 years to rebuild.
But Haiti is good destination ONLY for your cargo division hauling construction materials and equipment to Haiti for rebuilding efforts.

If you want to establish hub in Caribbean with lots of routes to Caribbean islands, it is great idea but remember you need to pick airport that can handle masses of big tins and is in center of Caribbean. Therefore TJSJ.

Also, you need new livery for planes to be based in Caribbean. I would suggest using same livery with Canadian flag theme BUT two different things: the tail paint should show Caribbean theme such as dolphin, Caribbean sea beach water, or swordfish AND the plane's base body must be sky blue instead of dark blue to indicate Caribbean division.

Also, what about Provo airport in Turks and Cacios? It is best in scuba diving!! That is why I went there many times!!!

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:58 pm 

I am just wondering if any of u guys have an ILS for St Maarten I can't find any defining information online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:27 pm 

Jebus wrote:
I am just wondering if any of u guys have an ILS for St Maarten I can't find any defining information online.

Jebus,

I think FlyTampa TNCM scenery makes ILS inoperable which is why I always wind up making manual landings there.

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:48 pm 

"Also, Robert, what about Bermuda???"

This is a poll to see HOW people want to fly from Montreal to the Caribbean.

"I believe passengers want non stop service to exotic destinations from Canada"

Not according to the results to date.

"I am not sure that 767s can handle TNCM."

The runway at TNCM is 7150ft long, the runway at Terrace is 5931ft long and people manage just fine there in a B767. I practice B767 emergency landings at CYHU on runway 10 which is only 2859ft long.

The video I posted above shows a real Airbus 340 landing at TNCM and there are several other videos showing Boeing 747s landing as well.

"Also, TNCM does not have enough room for invasion of CVA's big tins."

That is not a concern of mine. I am making routes for everyone to enjoy.

"What about TJSJ??"

Because I never heard of TJSJ and landing at St Maarten is a thrill. The runway at TJSJ is over 10,000ft long, not much excitement if you ask me.

"There is terrific payware quality FREEWARE TJSJ airport scenery!!!!!!"

I do not select routes depending on add-ons because too many people have had problems with FS becoming unstable after adding stuff.

"And TJSJ is more center in Caribbean than Nassau."

Geographical location is not a criteria for me, and I like the word Nassau.

"Haiti??? It is in destruction and will take 2 years to rebuild."

This is not real life, this is a game. I will not deprive members of routes because of some real-life event.

"But Haiti is good destination ONLY for your cargo division hauling construction materials and equipment to Haiti for rebuilding efforts."

I am not interested in new routes for the Cargo hub, these routes are for Montreal.

"If you want to establish hub in Caribbean with lots of routes to Caribbean islands, it is great idea but remember you need to pick airport that can handle masses of big tins and is in center of Caribbean. Therefore TJSJ."

No. There never was any mention of making a new hub in the Carribean. We have flights in the Toronto hub that are between US airports and we didn't need a US division for those.

"Also, you need new livery for planes to be based in Caribbean."

No. We don't have a French translation for Quebec, we don't need one for the Caribbean.

"I would suggest using same livery with Canadian flag theme BUT two different things: the tail paint should show Caribbean theme such as dolphin, Caribbean sea beach water, or swordfish AND the plane's base body must be sky blue instead of dark blue to indicate Caribbean division."

Feel free to paint a new livery and propose it to management for approval.

"Also, what about Provo airport in Turks and Cacios?"

As it is, I already added 102 flights for the B767 out of Montreal since April 30th. There is over 90 more flights on the waiting list and there is only room for 200 flights in a hub.

There are other priorities on the list for Montreal. I am selecting flights to make as many people happy as possible.

I also have to add flights for Quebec City which is the capital of this province. It is important to CVA to have good service for this airport if they want to attract more pilots from Quebec.

Edited By CVA0014 on 1273104134

HyperX Cloud II headset,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:58 pm 

Jebus wrote:

Very good point Kaleb.

I have always had problems with charts south of the US. I have visitted some of the local VATSIM sites for those regions and I often could not find what I needed.

It is a possibility that CVA "might" one day have charts for airports south of the US, but this is only an unofficial comment from me. I for one would greatly appreciate it if CVA management would approve such a thing.

Also, this would require a volunteer to step forward to research all these airports and find all the charts since current management have their hands full already.

HyperX Cloud II headset,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:50 am 

Would a fourth option be to hard to balance?
Half from Montreal to Nassau with destination flights and half from Montreal to St. Maarten with destination flights?
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:50 am 

CVA0319 wrote:
Would a fourth option be to hard to balance?
Half from Montreal to Nassau with destination flights and half from Montreal to St. Maarten with destination flights?
Gary

Not a bad idea at all.

Maybe even go one step further and add a bit more variety:

Montreal - Nassau
Quebec City - Nassau
Montreal - St. Maarten
Quebec City - St. Maarten

With 1/2 local island flights out of Nassau, and 1/2 out of St Maarten.

Edited By CVA0014 on 1273118129

HyperX Cloud II headset,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:06 am 

CVA0014 wrote:
Maybe even go one step further and add a bit more variety:

Montreal - Nassau
Quebec City - Nassau
Montreal - St. Maarten
Quebec City - St. Maarten

With 1/2 local island flights out of Nassau, and 1/2 out of St Maarten.

I like that idea even better!

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:28 am 

I have a question about this local island hopping... First what planes would we be using to fly from lets say St Maarten to other islands (class) and what would we be using to get from montreal to St Maarten?

Why I ask this is because I have flown (on trips) to the Caribbean a few times and never once have I had to switch planes... I have been to Cuba, Barbados and Puerto Plata on both Air Transat and Air Canada and westjet and never once had to switch planes?

Any ways I will come out and say it I would prefer to see direct flights to each destination but I would also like to see some more info on this connecting flight options

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:17 am 

Jebus wrote:
I have a question about this local island hopping... First what planes would we be using to fly from lets say St Maarten to other islands (class) and what would we be using to get from montreal to St Maarten?

From the first post:

"I'm taking a serious look at 15 exotic destinations for the B767 out of Montreal:"

The reason why I chose the 767 is because those that have the 747 can fly these routes as well. That, and I have a 767 and there was something like a total of 10 routes for the 767 when I joined. :D

There is nothing set in stone by the way. This is just to get a better idea of how some of the members like to fly. Ideally, I'd like if every member voted, but that ain't ever gonna happen, maybe 1/2 those that visit the forums at best. There's a lot of people that fly that never set foot on these forums.

HyperX Cloud II headset,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:34 am 

About connecting flights, there is no such thing in FSacars and CVA. It's more at the concept level really. You can fly just the Montreal-Nassau route, or the Nassau-Bermuda route, or both, or in reverse order. In the end it's all individual routes in the database.

I'm just trying to add some spice to the routes. After having added over a 100 routes, one thing I find extremely dull is always returning to one place. I really like Montreal, and Toronto, but there are times when I'd like the option of flying elsewhere.

Personally I am totally against the idea of having over a dozen flights going to different destinations within a small region of the globe. Why? 'Cause the first 1/2 of the flight out of Montreal is going to be identical on nearly all the routes. And then another large section of the route will be the same for destinations eastward of Nassau (for example), and the same thing for routes westward of Nassau.

Basically, the only real variety will be in the final 1/4 of the route or so. In the real world, Air Canada would not have individual flights to the 15 destinations I listed above, it's just not practical. I know many strive for that element of realism, but I like to balance that with some entertainment as well.

In the end I know most of my decisions will be some sort of compromise, I just want to compromise in a way to make the most happy. :)

Edited By CVA0014 on 1273124175

HyperX Cloud II headset,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:08 pm 

CVA0014 wrote:
"I am not sure that 767s can handle TNCM."

The runway at TNCM is 7150ft long, the runway at Terrace is 5931ft long and people manage just fine there in a B767. I practice B767 emergency landings at CYHU on runway 10 which is only 2859ft long.

The video I posted above shows a real Airbus 340 landing at TNCM and there are several other videos showing Boeing 747s landing as well.

Shalom Robert,

Thanks for interesting answers.

When I made statement saying I am not sure if 767s can operate out of TNCM, I am not talking about runway length of 7,150 feet. I am talking about if 767s have ability to make sharp right turn after take off from runway 10.

And other reason for my concern is that how come I never see a single example of video or photo showing 767s operating out of TNCM??? Could it be because 767s cannot handle sharp right turns after take off???

The other strange thing is why and how come I never see A330s using TNCM????

I know that DC-10s, MD-11s, A340s, and 744s can use TNCM easily.

People tell me that 777s cannot use TNCM which baffles me because 777-200LRs have awesome take off power and can take off in shorter runway distance than sissy 737s or A320s!!!

So forgive me if I am expressing concern and baffling puzzlement why 767s never use TNCM.

Do not think I am against TNCM. I go to Caribbean many times and I love to fly in and out of TNCM and even participated in CVA event to TNCM!!

I just like to base flight simulation on realism to enhance realistic flights:):):)

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:49 pm 

One of the major reasons you do not see 767's coming in and out of TNCM is that they are not large enough... From what I have been told the shear volume of people going in and out of TNCM is quite large and most carriers prefer to use larger jets to accommodate the volume but a fast search on youtube shows that our own AIR Canada operates 767s out of tncm here is a video...

old paint
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40jvLDElVqQ&feature=related

new paint
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXiaKUROnew&feature=related

Any ways I believe that the reason you don't see more 767's coming in to tncm is just the fact that why would they fly 220 people in at once when they could fly in 340 to 400 in a 747 or a340

Also just a fast search on the Air Canada website druing certain times of the year Air Canada still fly 767-300s into TNCM

Edited By Jebus on 1273165467

Page 1 of 3 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next