It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:31 am




 Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:02 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:14 am
Posts: 1513
Location: Brockville, ON
Howdy Gents!

Recently a few guys have been creating some videos and it seems we have quite the talent out there so why not take advantage of this for our VA?!

A while back we had one of our members (Rabbit Cancer) create some FANTASTIC videos to help advertise our VA and they are still out there today on Youtube. Unfortunately due to copyright laws some of the original music was stripped and so they were repackaged with some generic music except for 1 of them. You can see the videos at the following links:

CVA - The Acquisitions

CVA - Canuck Sky - Part I

CVA - Canuck Sky - Part II


We're looking for members to created and submit some new videos to help advertise CVA and let you show off your talents! Over the next few months, please post your videos on Youtube and then post a reply message here in the forum with the link to the video clip. We'll pick 2 or 3 new videos that can become official advertising for CVA and will host it on our website!

Rules:

- We're family oriented so keep the language / x-rated stuff out of the videos :)

- Use CVA aircraft showing off the logo and our repaints wherever possible

- Put the video to some catchy soundtracks to help highlight the video

- Keep the original high resolution videos so that we can obtain them from you and post to our website


We look forward to members showing off their talents and showing their pride here at CVA.

Cheers! :thumbsup:




Edited By CVA7769 on 1260039789



_________________
Darryl Brambilla
CVA Big Dog / Head Cheese
a.k.a. - President & CEO
CVA7769
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:57 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:02 pm
Posts: 187
Location: Ottawa
Sounds fun will have to start working on this right away got a good Idea in mind...



_________________
Image Be at peace when in flight.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:54 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:23 am
Posts: 210
Location: oman
great sounds good, i have some very god videos of cva flights which will up load to you tube soon,

thanks,
cva156 :thumbsup:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 pm
Posts: 42
Location: United Kingdom, South Shields.
Is it still too late to make a vid? :D



_________________
Thomas Emms | CVA0331 | Nearest Airport: EGNT
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:14 am
Posts: 1513
Location: Brockville, ON
CVA0331 wrote:
Is it still too late to make a vid? :D

Nope - we'll have this open for quite some time as we know it takes a while to get this done. I'll make a formal announcement sometime in the next 3 months once we've seen a few videos.

Cheers! :thumbsup:



_________________
Darryl Brambilla
CVA Big Dog / Head Cheese
a.k.a. - President & CEO
CVA7769
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:16 am
Posts: 2586
Location: Ottawa
CVA7769 wrote:
A while back we had one of our members (Rabbit Cancer) create some FANTASTIC videos to help advertise our VA and they are still out there today on Youtube. Unfortunately due to copyright laws some of the original music was stripped and so they were repackaged with some generic music except for 1 of them. You can see the videos at the following links:

CVA - The Acquisitions

CVA - Canuck Sky - Part I

CVA - Canuck Sky - Part II
:

You found Devon after all? I love his videos. The scenery and all is nothing to write home about now, but he has such a nice touch with the transitions and view selections. It's hard not to get drawn right in to his flights.



_________________
XFX 780i MB, W7-64, E8500 core2duo, 8GB, ATI HD5750
fsx, utx, gex canada, and ftx rocky mountains, pacific northwest, and pacific fjords

CVA (established in 1997) is 16 years old this year!
Image Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:38 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:14 am
Posts: 1513
Location: Brockville, ON
Rob Vanderkam wrote:
CVA7769 wrote:
A while back we had one of our members (Rabbit Cancer) create some FANTASTIC videos to help advertise our VA and they are still out there today on Youtube. Unfortunately due to copyright laws some of the original music was stripped and so they were repackaged with some generic music except for 1 of them. You can see the videos at the following links:

CVA - The Acquisitions

CVA - Canuck Sky - Part I

CVA - Canuck Sky - Part II
:

You found Devon after all? I love his videos. The scenery and all is nothing to write home about now, but he has such a nice touch with the transitions and view selections. It's hard not to get drawn right in to his flights.

Yup - not only did I find him...but...he sent me the ORIGINAL video clips! I have them now on my server at home and will be posting the full videos at some point on our website.

The video clips are large - between 50 - 100 MB each - but we've got the space online. I'm going to try and convert them into something a little more compressed when I get some time in the new year.

Cheers!



_________________
Darryl Brambilla
CVA Big Dog / Head Cheese
a.k.a. - President & CEO
CVA7769
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:04 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:26 am
Posts: 583
Hey Darryl,
You know something else that might be nice to try? If we made a CVA movie and split it into parts like they do with the Mayday episodes on YouTube. Plan a multiflight. Get all the heavies on the tarmac for a flyby in one part then taking off one after the other in the next and then flying in formation. a couple of stunts or whatever then a landing part. I think (but haven't tested the theory) that if 2 people shared a cockpit one could focus on capturing video of it all in different view modes while the other one flew circles around the "fleet" Might just grab CVA some attention? Credits and a few effects would be easy to do using something like Windows Moviemaker.
Gary



_________________
Image Image
Global+Vector,FS_G 2010,REX4,NRM,CRM,PFJ,PNW,SAK,NCA,Tong_Fjords
0S9,3W5,7S3,KCMW,KORS,PAKT,WA56,WA79,W52,PAGS,PAJN,CZST
+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:47 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:14 am
Posts: 1513
Location: Brockville, ON
CVA0319 wrote:
Hey Darryl,
You know something else that might be nice to try? If we made a CVA movie and split it into parts like they do with the Mayday episodes on YouTube. Plan a multiflight. Get all the heavies on the tarmac for a flyby in one part then taking off one after the other in the next and then flying in formation. a couple of stunts or whatever then a landing part. I think (but haven't tested the theory) that if 2 people shared a cockpit one could focus on capturing video of it all in different view modes while the other one flew circles around the "fleet" Might just grab CVA some attention? Credits and a few effects would be easy to do using something like Windows Moviemaker.
Gary

Hey Gary!

Not a bad idea! Finding time and pilots to get together to do this is the key so if you want to take this initiative then by all means go for it!

Cheers! :thumbsup:



_________________
Darryl Brambilla
CVA Big Dog / Head Cheese
a.k.a. - President & CEO
CVA7769
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:38 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:06 pm
Posts: 975
Location: CYXU
You can actually accomplish most of that by yourself by using FSRecorder. You can fly a short piece of flight recording it and then replay it as AI and fly another section of flight alongside your AI counterpart recording that at the same time. I have seen clips of over 20 aircraft that the user has done as recorded flights in this format. Actually, the one I saw was a flock of 767s flying though mountainous terrain.

FSRecorder can be found here....

http://www.fs-recorder.net/



_________________
If a tree fell in the forest and hit a mime, would anyone hear it? Would anyone care?

Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 pm
Posts: 42
Location: United Kingdom, South Shields.
Ok, Well Its being made as i speak, kinda, just testing some new things out in Vegas :D



_________________
Thomas Emms | CVA0331 | Nearest Airport: EGNT
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:26 am
Posts: 583
Great resource Chuck! I'm already hatching a "Plan B"
Thanks for the pointer.
Gary



_________________
Image Image
Global+Vector,FS_G 2010,REX4,NRM,CRM,PFJ,PNW,SAK,NCA,Tong_Fjords
0S9,3W5,7S3,KCMW,KORS,PAKT,WA56,WA79,W52,PAGS,PAJN,CZST
+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 pm
Posts: 42
Location: United Kingdom, South Shields.
Oh And Erm, I need about 20 more screenshots.... Just for near the end, there is video footage in there :p :thumbsup:

PM ME THE LINKS IF POSSIBLE OR POST IN THE SCREENSHOTS/VIDEOS FORUM.

Thomas.




Edited By CVA0331 on 1260383655



_________________
Thomas Emms | CVA0331 | Nearest Airport: EGNT
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:34 am
Posts: 486
Location: Canada
I like Gary's idea, if you guys need any CVA pilots for it you can count me in! :D

-Matt



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:12 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:40 am
Posts: 214
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Count me in too Gary. Early mornings on the weekends or any time Mondays and Thursdays for me are the best time for these kind of shananigans.



_________________
Randy

Image Image

What is that goat doing way up here in the clouds?
www.virtual-skies.com
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron