It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:08 pm 

i was thinking of having a possible CVA Charter service using smaller Prop Planes like Cessna's, Pipers, ETC. and with this new charter service maybe have some new sightseeing routes or something, for example:

CVA Cessna 208B Grand Caravan (Repaint of Default FS9 and FSX) flying from KLAX to KSAN following the Scenic route of the California Coastline.

And/or maybe CVA can sign a contract to move someone somewhere (or for Something else) and that CVA chooses a Pilot to Move that person or see who wants to fly the Contract and have the Pilots Vote on who they want to Fly the Contract:

CVA DHC2 Turbo Beaver (Premir Aircraft Design got it for both FS9 and FSX) to Move someone from CYCY to CYFB

What do You People Think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:27 pm 

Charters were always a staple of this VA in the past. And I'm sure management would not be opposed to releasing new ones.

The problem is, sometimes management is busy up to their armpits in the day to day running of the airline. Sometimes, they just don't have the time to create, plan and implement such a thing. Keep in mind, these guys have real lives and real demands on their time...

My suggestion? If you have a great charter idea, put a package together and submit it to management for approval. I'll give you an example:

When BC Ferries "Queen of the North" sank, I put together a charter from Pitt Meadows up the sunshine coast to service the islands that were somewhat stranded now that their ferry sank. Amphibious float planes where used. I included the webpages explaining the flight and the mission (much like what our multi page looks like). Included scenery that added float plane docks at the islands in question (need somewhere to go, right)? and had a couple float planes painted up and included in the package. Keep in mind that if you include scenery and aircraft, you will likely have to include versions for both FS9 and FSX so everyone in the va can participate.

As you can see, I did all the leg work for the project. All management had to do was approve it and hit the upload button. You'll find that if you participate in this way, you're FAR more likely to see your idea come to pass! In fact, CVA has always strongly encouraged such participation from it's members! It helps keep the airline fresh and interesting.

On the other hand, if your idea is simply "Hey! We should do such-and-such" but you leave it up to someone ELSE to do all the work.... Well, you might be waiting a loooonnnngggg time for your charter....

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]