It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

Howdy Gents!

Recently a few guys have been creating some videos and it seems we have quite the talent out there so why not take advantage of this for our VA?!

A while back we had one of our members (Rabbit Cancer) create some FANTASTIC videos to help advertise our VA and they are still out there today on Youtube. Unfortunately due to copyright laws some of the original music was stripped and so they were repackaged with some generic music except for 1 of them. You can see the videos at the following links:

CVA - The Acquisitions

CVA - Canuck Sky - Part I

CVA - Canuck Sky - Part II

We're looking for members to created and submit some new videos to help advertise CVA and let you show off your talents! Over the next few months, please post your videos on Youtube and then post a reply message here in the forum with the link to the video clip. We'll pick 2 or 3 new videos that can become official advertising for CVA and will host it on our website!

Rules:

- We're family oriented so keep the language / x-rated stuff out of the videos :)

- Use CVA aircraft showing off the logo and our repaints wherever possible

- Put the video to some catchy soundtracks to help highlight the video

- Keep the original high resolution videos so that we can obtain them from you and post to our website

We look forward to members showing off their talents and showing their pride here at CVA.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Edited By CVA7769 on 1260039789

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:57 pm 

Sounds fun will have to start working on this right away got a good Idea in mind...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:54 am 

great sounds good, i have some very god videos of cva flights which will up load to you tube soon,

thanks,
cva156 :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:44 pm 

Is it still too late to make a vid? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

CVA0331 wrote:
Is it still too late to make a vid? :D

Nope - we'll have this open for quite some time as we know it takes a while to get this done. I'll make a formal announcement sometime in the next 3 months once we've seen a few videos.

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 am 

CVA7769 wrote:
A while back we had one of our members (Rabbit Cancer) create some FANTASTIC videos to help advertise our VA and they are still out there today on Youtube. Unfortunately due to copyright laws some of the original music was stripped and so they were repackaged with some generic music except for 1 of them. You can see the videos at the following links:

CVA - The Acquisitions

:

You found Devon after all? I love his videos. The scenery and all is nothing to write home about now, but he has such a nice touch with the transitions and view selections. It's hard not to get drawn right in to his flights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
CVA7769 wrote:

CVA - The Acquisitions

:

You found Devon after all? I love his videos. The scenery and all is nothing to write home about now, but he has such a nice touch with the transitions and view selections. It's hard not to get drawn right in to his flights.

Yup - not only did I find him...but...he sent me the ORIGINAL video clips! I have them now on my server at home and will be posting the full videos at some point on our website.

The video clips are large - between 50 - 100 MB each - but we've got the space online. I'm going to try and convert them into something a little more compressed when I get some time in the new year.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:04 am 

Hey Darryl,
You know something else that might be nice to try? If we made a CVA movie and split it into parts like they do with the Mayday episodes on YouTube. Plan a multiflight. Get all the heavies on the tarmac for a flyby in one part then taking off one after the other in the next and then flying in formation. a couple of stunts or whatever then a landing part. I think (but haven't tested the theory) that if 2 people shared a cockpit one could focus on capturing video of it all in different view modes while the other one flew circles around the "fleet" Might just grab CVA some attention? Credits and a few effects would be easy to do using something like Windows Moviemaker.
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

CVA0319 wrote:
Hey Darryl,
You know something else that might be nice to try? If we made a CVA movie and split it into parts like they do with the Mayday episodes on YouTube. Plan a multiflight. Get all the heavies on the tarmac for a flyby in one part then taking off one after the other in the next and then flying in formation. a couple of stunts or whatever then a landing part. I think (but haven't tested the theory) that if 2 people shared a cockpit one could focus on capturing video of it all in different view modes while the other one flew circles around the "fleet" Might just grab CVA some attention? Credits and a few effects would be easy to do using something like Windows Moviemaker.
Gary

Hey Gary!

Not a bad idea! Finding time and pilots to get together to do this is the key so if you want to take this initiative then by all means go for it!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

You can actually accomplish most of that by yourself by using FSRecorder. You can fly a short piece of flight recording it and then replay it as AI and fly another section of flight alongside your AI counterpart recording that at the same time. I have seen clips of over 20 aircraft that the user has done as recorded flights in this format. Actually, the one I saw was a flock of 767s flying though mountainous terrain.

FSRecorder can be found here....

http://www.fs-recorder.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 pm 

Ok, Well Its being made as i speak, kinda, just testing some new things out in Vegas :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:59 pm 

Great resource Chuck! I'm already hatching a "Plan B"
Thanks for the pointer.
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:33 pm 

Oh And Erm, I need about 20 more screenshots.... Just for near the end, there is video footage in there :p :thumbsup:

PM ME THE LINKS IF POSSIBLE OR POST IN THE SCREENSHOTS/VIDEOS FORUM.

Thomas.

Edited By CVA0331 on 1260383655

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 pm 

I like Gary's idea, if you guys need any CVA pilots for it you can count me in! :D

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:12 pm 

Count me in too Gary. Early mornings on the weekends or any time Mondays and Thursdays for me are the best time for these kind of shananigans.

Image Image

What is that goat doing way up here in the clouds?
www.virtual-skies.com

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next