It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:09 am




 Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:49 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:39 am
Posts: 1892
Location: Up here wishing I was down there.
Awe crap, figures, I wrote that backwards, I meant:

"I'm not exactly sure how we're supposed to make a successful approach and then make a missed approach"



_________________
i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz, G SKILL DDR4 32GB @ 3200MHz
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Formula, EK triple watercooling
ASUS dual GTX950 OC STRIX, HyperX Cloud II headset
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:53 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:39 am
Posts: 1892
Location: Up here wishing I was down there.
CVA9214 wrote:
The missed approach is calculated in flight planning. The time or fuel burn will vary depending on the airport. Some airports are very busy and a missed approach can say be a 25 minute turn around to land again and at a smaller field this can be 10 minutes. For this exercise I will expect you to have 45 minutes of cruise fuel (30 minutes plus 15 minutes missed app)
I hope this makes sense, Tomorrow I will post some early stats.

Ok, so the point is to just come in for a full stop and have enough fuel to do a missed approach (and maybe land at an alternate if that is the case) plus 30 minutes of fuel?

I thought we were supposed to do the missed approach in the flight...



_________________
i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz, G SKILL DDR4 32GB @ 3200MHz
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Formula, EK triple watercooling
ASUS dual GTX950 OC STRIX, HyperX Cloud II headset
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:37 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:03 am
Posts: 1516
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Image

Well as of now these are the reports submited. You have another 20 days left.

Randy is in the lead with a fuel burn of 34.43 Lbs per minute.

The red data are disqulified flights.

Also some TOD (top of descent) fuel are not available becasue I think the pilot must of climbout and then soon after made a decent before reaching TOC (top pf climb). This is making FSACARS improperly log data.

A couple of things I observerd also is some pilot logs a missing a degree symbol and the log uses a question mark.

Also Robert why is your sim date and time wrong? Unless you made it this way and like summer textures. Your date of submition is October 9th 2009 and your flight log date is 2009/08/06 16:00:00




Edited By CVA9214 on 1255185496



_________________
My two cents! OOOps they don’t make cents anymore then my two nickels.
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:12 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:39 am
Posts: 1892
Location: Up here wishing I was down there.
I must have had summer in the FS-X date to see some scenery in an offline flight.

I know why my ascent is screwed up, I had 190 instead of 19000 in FSacars.

How do we properly insert a comment in FSacars? Right now I have /V+RMK/. How would I add FS-X in there?



_________________
i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz, G SKILL DDR4 32GB @ 3200MHz
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Formula, EK triple watercooling
ASUS dual GTX950 OC STRIX, HyperX Cloud II headset
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:13 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:50 am
Posts: 30
Location: Queenstown, NZ
Run Completed
FS9 used



_________________
George Brown
CVA0143

Image

Somewhere in the world it is always "beer o'clock"!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:01 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:03 am
Posts: 1516
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Vanda wrote:
Run Completed
FS9 used

George I am sorry to say you will have to try this flight again. this is all I have in your FSACARS log
2009/10/11 06:24:00]
Flight IATA:FLIGHT ed: 121 Knots Altitude 501 ft
07:09 TouchDown:Rate -355 ft/min Speed: 124 Knots
07:09 Land
07:09 Wind:000@000 Knots
07:09 Heading: 123
07:09 Flight Duration: 00:45
07:09 Landing Weight: 16556 Kg
07:09 POS N40 38 57 W075 26 17
07:10 Parking brakes on
07:10 Block to Block Duration: 00:46
07:10 Final Fuel: 44 Kg
07:10 Spent Fuel: 822 Kg
07:10 Flight Length: 260 NM
07:10 TOD Land Length: 101 NM

Looks like you closed your log 2 minutes after starting it. ???




Edited By CVA9214 on 1255262512



_________________
My two cents! OOOps they don’t make cents anymore then my two nickels.
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:34 am
Posts: 486
Location: Canada
I completed my run yesterday, used FSX, Not sure if I was supposed to include that in the log so im letting you know here xD

I think im probably disqualified, I was quite low on fuel when I touched down :blush:



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:34 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:03 am
Posts: 1516
Location: Montreal, Quebec
mattymsboi wrote:
I think im probably disqualified, I was quite low on fuel when I touched down :blush:

I am affraid so you only had 13 minutes of fuel left in your tanks. :ghostface:



_________________
My two cents! OOOps they don’t make cents anymore then my two nickels.
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:54 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:34 am
Posts: 486
Location: Canada
CVA9214 wrote:
mattymsboi wrote:
I think im probably disqualified, I was quite low on fuel when I touched down :blush:

I am affraid so you only had 13 minutes of fuel left in your tanks. :ghostface:

Dam! Sorry about that, I thought I woulda had plenty left over, its been a while since I fuel calculated for the ERJ, I'll be sure to try again!

*smacks FSX's fuel calculator* (I always add more fuel to the estimate but still! :devil: )



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:39 am
Posts: 1892
Location: Up here wishing I was down there.
CVA9214 wrote:
...
Randy is in the lead with a fuel burn of 34.43 Lbs per minute.
...

Last night while talking with other pilots during the multi, I realized that not everyone understood the purpose of this challenge the same way.

A) Are we supposed to land with the minimum fuel required to fly the extra 45 minutes?

or

B) Are we supposed to have the best fuel economy during the flight and still remain 'legal'?



_________________
i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz, G SKILL DDR4 32GB @ 3200MHz
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Formula, EK triple watercooling
ASUS dual GTX950 OC STRIX, HyperX Cloud II headset
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:15 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:39 am
Posts: 1892
Location: Up here wishing I was down there.
Why do we have 4 different zero fuel weight? If we're all using default cargo, shouldn't we all be the same?

36,282
36,285
36,359
36,360

The only difference I could imagine is between FS-X and FS9, but that would account for only 2 different weights at the most.

EDIT: Ok, I just noticed something with the passengers. The rules state a total of 46 but FSacars put in 41 in a test just now. I was told once never to change FSacars information (only flight level, alternate, route, etc), are we supposed to override the PAX for this challenge?



_________________
i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz, G SKILL DDR4 32GB @ 3200MHz
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Formula, EK triple watercooling
ASUS dual GTX950 OC STRIX, HyperX Cloud II headset
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:42 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:39 am
Posts: 1892
Location: Up here wishing I was down there.
There was a hiccup in flight 2009/10/12 03:06:00 just now. I had a false TOC at 3:18 (along with a TOD), can the log be corrected please so it will not make the calculations go bad?

03:18 TOC
03:18 Fuel Weight: 1432 Kg
03:19 TOD
03:19 Fuel Weight: 1429 Kg
03:19 TOC
03:19 Fuel Weight: 1420 Kg
03:21 Wind:300@001 Knots Heading: 133 Ground Speed: 344 Knots Altitude 19402 ft
03:36 Wind:305@000 Knots Heading: 134Ground Speed: 344 Knots Altitude 19376 ft
03:48 TOD
03:48 Fuel Weight: 977 Kg



And what's the correct syntax to add a comment? This was with FS-X but the comment did not register in the log.



_________________
i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz, G SKILL DDR4 32GB @ 3200MHz
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Formula, EK triple watercooling
ASUS dual GTX950 OC STRIX, HyperX Cloud II headset
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:03 am
Posts: 1516
Location: Montreal, Quebec
CVA0014 wrote:
CVA9214 wrote:
...
Randy is in the lead with a fuel burn of 34.43 Lbs per minute.
...

Last night while talking with other pilots during the multi, I realized that not everyone understood the purpose of this challenge the same way.

A) Are we supposed to land with the minimum fuel required to fly the extra 45 minutes?

or

B) Are we supposed to have the best fuel economy during the flight and still remain 'legal'?

The objetive is.... best fuel economy



_________________
My two cents! OOOps they don’t make cents anymore then my two nickels.
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:19 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:03 am
Posts: 1516
Location: Montreal, Quebec
CVA0014 wrote:
Why do we have 4 different zero fuel weight? If we're all using default cargo, shouldn't we all be the same?

36,282
36,285
36,359
36,360

The only difference I could imagine is between FS-X and FS9, but that would account for only 2 different weights at the most.

EDIT: Ok, I just noticed something with the passengers. The rules state a total of 46 but FSacars put in 41 in a test just now. I was told once never to change FSacars information (only flight level, alternate, route, etc), are we supposed to override the PAX for this challenge?

This I do not know why. In the instruction I laid out the correct aicraft load config. Because there is such a small difference I passed it as a go for the submition.



_________________
My two cents! OOOps they don’t make cents anymore then my two nickels.
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:54 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:50 am
Posts: 30
Location: Queenstown, NZ
CVA9214 wrote:
Vanda wrote:
Run Completed
FS9 used

George I am sorry to say you will have to try this flight again. this is all I have in your FSACARS log
2009/10/11 06:24:00]
Flight IATA:FLIGHT ed: 121 Knots Altitude 501 ft
07:09 TouchDown:Rate -355 ft/min Speed: 124 Knots
07:09 Land
07:09 Wind:000@000 Knots
07:09 Heading: 123
07:09 Flight Duration: 00:45
07:09 Landing Weight: 16556 Kg
07:09 POS N40 38 57 W075 26 17
07:10 Parking brakes on
07:10 Block to Block Duration: 00:46
07:10 Final Fuel: 44 Kg
07:10 Spent Fuel: 822 Kg
07:10 Flight Length: 260 NM
07:10 TOD Land Length: 101 NM

Looks like you closed your log 2 minutes after starting it. ???

Damn those gremlins. No problem, I'll just do it again, its only 45mins or so to do



_________________
George Brown
CVA0143

Image

Somewhere in the world it is always "beer o'clock"!
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron