It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:41 am 

Hey everyone,

Way back in the heyday (I think it was 2002 or 2003) we had a multi (and from what i remember it was the most fun multi ever).
It consisted of us CVAers on a SAR mission somewhere in the Rockies. Someone had created a scenery for the area (with the missing plane somewhere in the mountains) then we all had to add it this scenery to our FS scenery libraries. There was a short briefing of the events leading up to the plane's disappearance and from that we had to find the missing plane using whatever aircraft we wanted (while someone watched via one of the ATC clients to "declare" the winner).

Anyways, any thoughts on having this one again (in a different place of course)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Hey Danny,

I remember that multi. Was great fun, and one heck of a challenge. I flew it with a friend and we did it as one guy on the controls and one guy watching multiple window views. We would switch Pilot in Command back and forth. Anyway that is a great idea, I know some people who have done scenery in the past I can talk to them today, as well I will work with the MHM and see what we can get going.

Cheers

-----------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:49 pm 

:O Now that you mention that multi, I vaguely remember something like that , but I know that I was not able to take part in that one , probably due to other commitments that night.

It brings to my mind , another multi that a bunch of us did one time with the " Sickorsky Helicopter " or any other water bomber. We fought a fire somewhere , (I don't remember exactly where) and that was very amuseing also.

If you guys have any ideas , and if you know how to do the scenery's for this kind of thing and you would like to do something like that , I'm sure we can at least find out if it can be arranged.

Let me know when and if you find anything out , Dave !
:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

Marty CVA1974 wrote:
:O Now that you mention that multi, I vaguely remember something like that , but I know that I was not able to take part in that one , probably due to other commitments that night.

It brings to my mind , another multi that a bunch of us did one time with the " Sickorsky Helicopter " or any other water bomber. We fought a fire somewhere , (I don't remember exactly where) and that was very amuseing also.

If you guys have any ideas , and if you know how to do the scenery's for this kind of thing and you would like to do something like that , I'm sure we can at least find out if it can be arranged.

Let me know when and if you find anything out , Dave !
:cool:

Hey Marty,

Yup - I remember that one well. It was during the peak season of forest fires out in BC I think in 2003 or 2004. I was part of that one as well and it was a lot of fun. We had guys in water bombers, helicopters, etc etc. Was a great multi and I am sure we can resurrect that one again when needed.

Many times in the past I've tried to tie multi's in to something going on in the real world and a corresponding location. Check a few news sites and you've got lots to pick from to give you ideas.

- Stanley Cup playoffs
- Tornado disaster relief and shuttling supplies to the locations
- Rescue efforts for flooded areas in New Brunswick
- etc etc etc

Hopefully this gives you some ideas to run with!

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:41 am 

If you want to go International, every few weeks there is an F1 race somewhere in the world....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:26 pm 

Here I thought I was the only F1 fan in Canada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

I am another.

Edited By CVA9214 on 1210111733

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:55 pm 

I am a huge F1 fan and have been to the Canadian GP the last 12 years.

It is absolutely incredible live.

Unfotunately my favorite team has gone through some changes over the last couple of years, from Jordan Grand Prix to Midland F1 to Spyker and now Force India.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:19 pm 

Cool -- This year will be my 5th year as a Marshal at the CGP. No idea where I will be working this year, we change corners every day, and usually don't find out until just before the race what our assignements are.
Notable highlights so far are Cr10 (hairpin) in 2006, where we had to go and pull the 2 Midland cars apart after they collided on Lap 1, and last year at Cr1 Pit Out on raceday, which was just superb (and be collect a Renault that came out of the pits into the tyres...)
Oh ya - one more highlight - Crecent St! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:21 pm 

I remember the one we went through the Fraser canyon from Pitt Meadows to ???? (don't remember) and the other one that was to land on water at a camp somewhere. Was fun for me.

I don't watch TV much anymore, some hockey sometimes. I just watch the news online for sports.

TC :cool:
CVA2006

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]