It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:11 pm 

I've had a couple of issues with the POSKY CRJ I've recently graduated to, mainly that the autothrottles don't seem to want to disengage, resulting in me bouncing wildly along the runway on landing......

If I hit the autopilot switch, everything goes off apart from the autothrottle...so, i've got into teh habit of hitting both.

last night I turned off autothrottle, then autopilot, but the autothrottle still stayed on.

Needless to say, it is embarrasing to be trying to engage reverse thrust and the autothrottle keeps pushing the throttles back up, and it does make landing rather tricky!!

What is wrong with my procedures here??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:52 pm 

That has happened to me on all my aircraft. I always have to turn off the autopilot and autothrottle separately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:18 pm 

actually - in real life the CRJ-200 does not have an autothrottle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:45 pm 

Thanks guys. In real life i'm not allowed to fly a CRJ!!

At the moment, I love the autothrottle, otherwise I blast through 250kts far too easily after take off... Yes, I need more practice with the CRJ......

So I have to work on my landing checklist to make sure autothrottle is off.. very disconcereting to be on approach, just about to touch down, flare and then watch the ground disappear!!

I've also noticed that once the autothrottle is off, I need to move the throttle slightly to re-sync the throttle on the screen to the one on my yoke. Otherwise the same thing happens, I think I am idling but they are on 40% or so.

Another thing I recently learned is when on Unicom, be very careful where you type. I was typing in "CYYZ TFK" the otehr night, missed the box, therefore turning on Yaw mode, turning off the autopilot and wondering why the world started to spin (I was leaning on the yoke to reach the keyboard).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Richard, You do not need 100% N1 on take off, depending on the factors like plane/weight/weather. 80 to 90% N1 is plenty of power. I should keep you from getting a speeding ticket.

Edited By CVA9214 on 1175643123

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:24 am 

CVA1409 wrote:
Thanks guys. In real life i'm not allowed to fly a CRJ!!

Another thing I recently learned is when on Unicom, be very careful where you type. I was typing in "CYYZ TFK" the otehr night, missed the box, therefore turning on Yaw mode, turning off the autopilot and wondering why the world started to spin (I was leaning on the yoke to reach the keyboard).

LOL! You said it! :D

As for the text and the SB box, I've done that so many times. That's when I decided to buy a mic. Even then there are times when I have to type stuff, and WHILE I'M TYPING, the FS window becomes active somehow and I end up shutting my engines off or some darn thing. ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:09 pm 

Glad the "somehow switched back to FS" happens to someone else.. I start to type in the box, but it changes......

I have a mic, but the last unplanned excursion happened taxiing at CYYZ with no control with a fair amount of traffic around, trying to announce my intentions on UNICOM Luckily all I did was spins on the taxiway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:11 pm 

CVA9214 wrote:
Hello Richard, You do not need 100% N1 on take off, depending on the factors like plane/weight/weather. 80 to 90% N1 is plenty of power. I should keep you from getting a speeding ticket.

Thx. I also found a a good way is forget to retract flaps. That way you get half way to KJFK and wonder why you cannot get more than 240kts......

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]