It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:29 pm 

I have been around here long enough to figure out how to fly IFR and Read Charts, and file a proper Flight Plan.

But I keep running into SID/STAR discrepancies with what I find online, and what is posted in the HUB Schedule with the various Flt. #'s.

ie) I can not find some Sids and Stars that the posted Flight Plans says to use.

for example : CYYC to KDFW ....ends with "CUGAR1" cant find it. the closest thing posted for that northern arrival is a "BOWIE 8" which completely eliminates "TORNN J87 BILEE CUGAR" part of the flight plan.

So either I am on DRUGS and haven't learn't a #### thing around here, and how to spell, or our Flight Plans need some major re_work.

I am finding this more and more as I Fly the various routes.

If there is no one already working on this "GARY", I would be more then happy to go through all of them and update them then send you the Exel spreadsheet that I have already created for myself.

Either I'm a "MOOK", and missing something, or I better stop eating the worm in the bottom of the Tequila bottle. Among other things. LMAO :p :O :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

CUGAR1 is for KHOU/KIAH, not KDFW. So, that's problem #1.

Up to date Flight Plans are here: http://www.simroutes.com (Not all routes will be there, but enough to keep you happy)

Edited By DS on 1118783769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:38 pm 

In case anyone is interested, I have the YVR HUB routes on an Excel spreadsheet. Haven't compared it to the posted routes on the hub page for a year or so. Barry(CVA108), Dave Hazell and myself did quite a bit of work on the routes back then. If anyone has any comments they could send them to me and I'll pass it on to the BRASS.
Dale(CVA1050)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:39 pm 

DS this is straight from the CYVR Schedule, apperantly it is a 33.0 hour flight as well :p

1211 Calgary CYYC Dallas/Ft Worth KDFW Class 3 33.0 YQL BFF GCK GAG FUZ TORNN J87 BILEE CUGAR1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:40 am 
Site Admin

I don't care if it's from the vaults of Tutenfrickinkamen, it is wrong. The 33 hour part IS right though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:46 am 

Isn't that what I said ? The Flight Plan is incorrect ? Oh ya right Class 3 flights are "Ultralights", thats why its 33 hours. Either that or I'm towing a glider behind the car. LMAO. Not triing to be critical, just pointing it out and offering some assistance "if", anyone was not verifing there validaty.

Or if you prefer, I'll just keep my mouth shut next time. :O ??? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:04 am 
Site Admin

LOL

I WAS JOKING! :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:16 am 

I kind of take this a bit personally. You have to understand that accurate information is a lot more readily available now than it has been in the past, and the YVR schedule, set up by the hard efforts of some of YVR's best, may have become obsolete.

So rather than criticize, how about you do something that every Hub Captain yearns for, and every volunteer should take the time to do, rather than complain...fix the #### thing! If you know the correct routing, why don't you spend your time passing that on to Gary. I know that he will be more than happy, probably ecstatic to correct any errors in the schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:05 pm 

Geeez - all this started out of a guy who was confused about the conflicting information he found on the internet and simply was looking for clarification.

No wonder these forums are sooooooooooo dead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:06 pm 

Thanks BOB, I was not triing to criticize or complain. Merely ask a question and offer some help. I said that if nobuddy was working on updates I would be more then happy to work on it. I realize the exteremly hard work that has gone into everything on the site and in the Vatsim community as a whole, and very much appereciate what has been done. I do understand that SIDS/STARS change with time for various reasons and that alot of our flight plans are out of date. Part of my original question was pointing @ that maybe I was looking for charts in the wrong places, which know I now I was not.

P.S. I will almost never complain about something someone has spent there own free time on, for the good of others. Just if I have to pay for it with my hard earned money and don't get was I expect. "ULTIMATE TERRAIN", I would love my money back on that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:40 pm 

James,

Please post a corrected FPR here in the forum and I'll fix that right up.

Don't know how that route was messed up. Must have been drunk that day....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:01 pm 

OK Keith, I will post my version of it when I get back home. I'm down in Willys Puddle and all my charts are @ home. Tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:02 am 

No, no, no. You misread me James. I see your offer of help, but I am in no position to accept it. What I am trying to suggest is that you contact Gary by email.

As you can see by earlier posts, I struggled with routing during my time as HC, and great people like Barry, Dave, Dale, and others (sorry to these folks for not naming them now) jumped in to audit the routes I suggested when I asked for help. Some routes stood, others were too ridiculous to contemplate. The job of H/C is pretty lonely, and it warmed my heart to have these wonderful folks jump in to help. I have no doubt that Gary will be the same. Get in touch with him. It is people like yourself that keep this VA alive.

Yes, I do believe that you were somewhat critical without needing to be so, but hey, I ain't exactly a rose either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:04 pm 

I appoligize for any misunderstandings that anyone may have had with what I was triing to say. I could see that some of the arrivals @ a few airports, and I think I found a depature on one flight that had obviously changed since to Flight plans were done up. When that was I had no idea, but I assumed it had been some time ago. Knowing that the site is being redone, I was pointing out what I had found over a lot of Very Successful flights, and some not, and offering to update the FP's if someone else was not already working on it. As I didn't want to step on any toe's and why do things twice. (Sorry about the toe's, I stumbled). Therefore my offer still stands, and I know of a couple old real life PWA/CP/Canadian Flights and Charters that we don't have.

:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:26 am 

James,

Email updates to Gary or myself (for YVR routes) or simply post them here and we'll have a look at them.

Changing a FPR is a fairly simple process.... Especially if you guys are kind enough to give us an updated one! :D

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next