It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:16 am 

I have been beating my head against the wall triing to find good Aircraft Performance information.

Is this S%#t top secret ??

The best I can find gives information like;

Stall "Dirty", Max speed, Max Cruise, Eco Cruise, and sometimes landing distance.

I want it all Damit :angry:

Stall "All Flap settings".
Max speed "All Flap settings"
Min. Landing and Takoff distance
Max Landing Gear Speed "in flight"
Max Landing Speed.
Velocity Rotate @ x flap setting
Min takeoff speed @ x flap setting.
He#l, a Da#m Graph with Barametric Preasure @ Sea level and this info marked off would be great.

It's a freakin Conspearacy :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:16 am 
Which aircraft? Maybe some here (including myself) can help.

Some of the info you want (Vr, for example) is variable and depends on evironmental data, and so cannot be published: It is calculated.

Cheers!

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:19 pm 

Most of the information you're looking for comes in the aircraft POH. You know, when you buy the plane. So, for instance, if you're looking for the data on a Dash8Q300, all you have to do is fork over a few million bucks and it will come with the data you require! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:26 am 
Everything is weight dependent, when you have that number all the other numbers just fall in place OR you stall and crash..............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:49 am 

If you are looking for the information to do your sim flying, the best way is to do this is the way that every pilot (us little guys, anyway) does it...chop your power (no flaps) maintain your altitude by increasing angle of attack, and jot down the indicated airspeed that the aircraft "breaks" and the nose drops. That is you particular model's stall speed. Do this in every configuration (flaps 10, or 20, or 30; gear down; etc.) until you gather all the info you need.

As for max and min takeoff/landing distances and such things, that's a tough one. I have tried to find this information on the net without any screaming success; however, I'm not convinced that this data has any relevance in the simming world. After all, CVA has successfully landed fully loaded 747's at Revelstoke. I think that makes my point!

As Keith astutely points out, if you need this info for real world flying, look in the POH. If the POH isn't in the aircraft, you are not legal to fly!

Hope this helps.

Edited By Ken CVA868 on 1127793038

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:36 am 

Ok, Gentleman I got your point, and it is what I thought....."A Freakin Consperacy". But I did find some interesting stuff @ areospaceweb.org, and like Gary says, do the calaculations if you have the right info. As far as the 747 in revelstoke, "That I got a see.......had to have been in the dirt". Who ya; But I saw Devon in a 767 in Castalgar, and take off.....My 737 barley cleared the treee's; when I left. But then I probably fly like Kieth, so I guess anything is possible.

I was just see'ing if someone knew of some web sites that I hadn't found. I was flight testing a "Freeware Hurc, and F-18 SuperHornet". Not that I was looking for the info just on them but pretty much anything out there, and there's not much detailed info. Like Kieth says...got to buy one to find out for REAL !! :(

Thanks Ken, that was the part I was triing to avoid, for every aircraft. I would just like to see the info , and compare it to what I am experiancing in FS, I guess. I find it feels like some models are reasonably accurate. BUT are they? I would like something to compare it to. Even if it just DATA !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:43 am 

OK, Sir Gary, I am pretty sure you have inside information on this, but "I would really like to here about the Hurcules some time". What can you tell me, my friend! I mean unclassified that is. :D

Hmmmm.......Question of the day...... What movie did that come from :p

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]