It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Aerosoft CRJ700
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:25 pm 

Well I have purchased the CRJ700 from Aerosoft and initially I was very impressed,
very well done with the graphics no hit on the frame rates that I could tell. It followed the flight plan
perfectly but as I tried to enable the ILS it went crazy, didn't grab the LOC or GS, the nose pitched up
(Max trim?) and was out of control until I disconnected the autopilot, got the trim under control and
went around to try again. the next try was no better.....:( The forums are saying lots are having trouble with this.
The biggest problem with the plane is that they don't use FSUIPC. so if you have any controls or buttons
linked thru FSUIPC they wont work. I use FSUIPC and spad.neXt. so until they do something about that its
not going to be in my hanger.....

Image....Image

Post subject: Re: Aerosoft CRJ700
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:41 pm 

I haven't had any crazy control problems like that however, it is a learning curve and I have had issues with LNAV and ILS. In those cases I think it was me not selecting the correct switch! Rewatching tutorials helped. I also find it hard to see the small MFD so I will try to play around with the views.

I am also not happy with the lack of button control availability. I read in a forum that they used Lvars for a lot of things and there was an Aerosoft guy willing to send the Lvars list to anyone. I emailed him and got a quick response with no list but a note saying they had discovered some code issues already. I am assuming that an update will follow shortly and hopefully let us easily assign buttons for lights etc. Autopilot I think will be tougher and need Lvars to program. I got the basic gear, spoilers, flaps etc. to work with Spad.next. I am concerned that Spad.next does not seem to support Lvars for MSFS, just all the previous sims so an update hopefully will need to come for that as well. It is the same for the A320 FBW, a lot of things can't be mapped to buttons so I am assuming the Lvars is being used to work around MSFS limitations.

The CRJ MCDU flight plan / legs pages seems to work well, better than any stock plane, although I did find a YYZ STAR transition route missing by chance.

I will keep flying as I want to master it and hopefully the improvements will come to make it even better. It seems to be the new way, release something partially working and fix it later...

Any sign of a paint job? PLEASE!??!?!?!? :D lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:48 pm 

Paint job for it.....Yes, I have already started on it last night, I think they will get the issues dealt with. Spad.Next works good but I have made my own LVARS and you can sometimes tie them in with what you need. I'm still flying it, got to figure it out. It was probably me with the errors in setting it up.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:23 pm 

Awesome on the paint job! I love the feature where the required descent rate is displayed with the blue ball. No A/T makes it more challenging! Just flew into KCLE with a last minute RWY change and the MCDU handled it well. A little hairy as I needed a rapid descent. A few passengers complained but a nice touchdown regardless!

I got the V/S rate and SPD bug knobs to work on my Saiteks but not having the HDG or ALT sucks for now. They don't display correctly on the Saiteks but at least that is a couple things I don't have to fiddle with the mouse and I just adjust them on Saitek and watch the MFD for the settings. Hopefully available soon...

I think a couple more practice flights before I hit VATSIM with it however...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:28 pm 

So Spad.Next did add LVARS for MSFS but I was not tuned into the correct format to get the update. This fellow Les O'Reilly has 2 great videos walking through the process to set it up (specifically the CRJ)!

Here is a link to one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSO2RkXNOvI

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]