It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: What do we do when there are no flights out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:00 pm 

This is something I've seen a couple of posts here and there asking about - doesn't seem to be a consensus on this though, and now I've finally found myself stranded for the first time (I figure it was bound to happen, sooner or later)

I flew a trip from CYBL to CYBD (Campbell River to Bella Coola) -- and whadda you know, no flights out of CYBD, matter of fact, it's not even on the airports dropdown list in the schedule menu :roll:

I figured I could remedy the situation by filing a "close enough" route so I could fly out "as if" from the nearest airport that does have an outbound schedule - then I'd of course, report the matter in the comments section, making it clear that the flight really did depart from CYBD instead of whatever it says on the departure box...

but for the sake of good conduct - as well as future reference for anyone in a similar situation, I thought I'd do better asking here first what the recommended course of action is for pilots who find themselves stranded

do we fly the "closest match" route as I though of doing and leave a note?

do we "teleport" to an alternative departure?

or do we "ferry" the airplane on our own unrecorded? (in the logs seeming no different than "teleporting")

or perhaps something I didn't think of? :?

anyways - what would you do if you got yourself stranded on a schedule dead-end? :roll:

and what should a pilot do if/when this eventually happens? :shock:

Post subject: Re: What do we do when there are no flights out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

We have many routes like this. Most of them was created without returns becasue of multi fligths that eneded at that particular field. Just drop me a note when you find one and I will create an outbound.

Post subject: Re: What do we do when there are no flights out?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:06 am 
Site Admin

I Also corrected the Airport CYBD, It was not created. All is good now. Thanks again for catching that.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]