It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: RAZBAM - Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner SA227-BC
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 am 

A nice alternative for the Beech 1900 D! Razbam usually makes military aircraft and they really haven't deviated with this one, it just happens that this particular model also served the civilian airline industry as well and Razbam faithfully including the civilian variants. It comes with both passenger and cargo models (as well as the military variants). One of the nice little touches for me was the "passengers in the cabin", how nice to finally walk back through the passenger cabin and not *pretend* to have a full load of passengers to greet :).
Razbam also packaged a comprehensive 93 page pdf manual that details everything from gauges to clickable hotspots throughout the model. (You can hide the yokes, throttles and lift the pilot armrests to see various gauges and switches, click a few other spots to open or close the curtain separating the cockpit from the passenger cabin). If you are a "techy flyer" you will be pleased with the inclusion of such goodies as a functional weather radar (from that period) electronic instruments including an EHSI with multiple modes, a GPS system, AFCS (autopilot), Detailed electrical system with 5 buses and circuit breakers and much more.
I'm not saying this is perfection, the whole model does have a feel that the textures for the civilian models were done by someone who normally "draws" military textures but they are nicely done anyway. Also, the bump mapping doesn't seem to have the time spent on it that it deserves but again they are nicely done. At the end of the day I would say that overall RAZBAM has delivered one of the nicest FSX models that I have come across.

A few shots of the the cockpit:

the overhead panel is only a "SAS" (stall alert system) and a primitive *era* one at that:

*Passengers in the cabin*!:

The exterior (on the ground at CYEG)

Enroute:

Hope you enjoyed!
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject: Re: RAZBAM - Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner SA227-BC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:38 am 

Can the texture for this aircraft be downloaded? Can it be used in CVA? I havn't seen any substitution ploicy as yet.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:30 pm 

RRKC135 wrote:
Can the texture for this aircraft be downloaded? Can it be used in CVA? I havn't seen any substitution ploicy as yet.

Thanks

Hi,
I haven't been flying for a while but I assume the old policy of flying other than "cva" planes as long as they are of comparable size and flown in the same class as the comparable sized plane shouldn't be a problem.
As far as sharing the paint I just looked quickly for it and though I did find it in my fsx hanger it looks like I never did get around to making a model specific specular for it. I could zip it up as is and send it to you, you'll just have to rely on the specular for the base model which shouldn't be a problem as it is already configured to fall back to the base specular anyway. If you want it as is pm me your email addy and I'll try to get it done for you.

Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:32 pm 

Very nice. Should be added to download section. :)

Robert

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]