It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: CYUX-CYFB Beer Run
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:07 am 

Yes I am thirsty for my Beer with my CYUX FSX/P3D V1.4 thru 2.1 construction Project. When complete she'll be enhanced, the NWS will be in and the Village and configured for FTX Vector which to me Arctic wise is 1000X better then UTX. Now I couldn't use the CVA Fokker due to how P3D works different then FSX in it's own way, but the CVA ACARS is happy lol which is good. So I pull out my trusted Canadian North QW RJ100 as the Sub.
Rocketing out of Hall Beach
This is REX at work
At cruise FltL120 cracking open a Molson
Getting near Iqaluit typical clouds
Going into appr for Cat3
There Iqaluit Blow
Close to the edge with the winds pushing

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

Post subject: Re: CYUX-CYFB Beer Run
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:47 am 

Gorgeous shots! Is that Rex4 textures you are using? So much has come out for FSX in the last few months. I hesitated on SAK by Orbx (just picked it up 2 days before they released Northern California and when that came out I had to grab it as well, now I'm jumping all over the the western seaboard :) Mind you I'm using a Piper Pacer in SAK (Save where the mountain ranges are to high for its max elevation) and jumping up to the Twotter extended for NCA. Anything bigger and the engines lull me into lala land for some reason :)

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:02 am 

Yep REX4 Textures in Prepar3D V2.1 on the CVA ACARS lol. I gotta have my SAK for Whitehorse and the Yukon, Global and Vector for the Rest of the Territories and my Home Yellowknife of course. The combo is so much better and accurate then UTX/GEX combo. But that QW RJ100 is a corkscrew and can opener in the Bush of the Arctic :mrgreen: :lol: . I will say one thing about REX4, the WX and shipping the textures in and firing the WX engine up is fast. Love the matching ability in relation to current or close WX. Atm although I cant use and as such my Lionheart Fleet is hangered as Lockheed broke the FSX Gauge XML Parser core while cleaning it up lol. Basically MS left a huge mess in the Code of FSX and the only way to clean it up is 52 card pick up :shock: X100 rug rats.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:42 pm 

CAF440 wrote:
Yep REX4 Textures in Prepar3D V2.1 on the CVA ACARS lol. I gotta have my SAK for Whitehorse and the Yukon, Global and Vector for the Rest of the Territories and my Home Yellowknife of course. The combo is so much better and accurate then UTX/GEX combo. But that QW RJ100 is a corkscrew and can opener in the Bush of the Arctic :mrgreen: :lol: . I will say one thing about REX4, the WX and shipping the textures in and firing the WX engine up is fast. Love the matching ability in relation to current or close WX. Atm although I cant use and as such my Lionheart Fleet is hangered as Lockheed broke the FSX Gauge XML Parser core while cleaning it up lol. Basically MS left a huge mess in the Code of FSX and the only way to clean it up is 52 card pick up :shock: X100 rug rats.

I was wondering why all those warnings in bright red text were posted on the LHC site about Prepar3d 2.1 :mrgreen: I just spent 3 weeks+ re-installing FSX and all the addons I have acquired for it (well that a lie, I haven't even started the freeware stuff yet)My FSX install is sitting at 115 gigs so far so I doubt I'll be trying Prepar3d anytime soon. I guess I'll keep going with my FSX install until I break it or it breaks me!
I don't have many scenery files for up north in fact the only 1 I have other than what came with "Global" is CYZF by Robert Catherall do you know of any other decent airport scenery locations?

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:06 am 

If you have FSX Orbx Global and or Vector, this is nice free CYZF and excellent, Pack #5 http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/ ... packs-4-5/ with SAK you get the Whitehorse enhanced and surrounding. At avsim look up McKenzie Valley Run for CYVQ, CYGH, CYWJ and CZFN. You can also get CYVP and CYPC at Qubec FSX http://www.okad.ca/quebecfsx/ Tey are also working on a FSX native CYFB Iqaluit. I have finished my FSX/P3D Hall Beach CYUX and am working on Rowley Island NWS CWFR. When Rowley is finished I'll upload it and CYUX. I'm out to spruce up the Baffin area before hopping back to NWT to grab Diavik CDK2 and Yellowknife Water/Ski Drome CEN9 and CYBK Baker Lake.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:59 pm 

CAF440 wrote:
If you have FSX Orbx Global and or Vector, this is nice free CYZF and excellent, Pack #5 http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/ ... packs-4-5/ with SAK you get the Whitehorse enhanced and surrounding. At avsim look up McKenzie Valley Run for CYVQ, CYGH, CYWJ and CZFN. You can also get CYVP and CYPC at Qubec FSX http://www.okad.ca/quebecfsx/ Tey are also working on a FSX native CYFB Iqaluit. I have finished my FSX/P3D Hall Beach CYUX and am working on Rowley Island NWS CWFR. When Rowley is finished I'll upload it and CYUX. I'm out to spruce up the Baffin area before hopping back to NWT to grab Diavik CDK2 and Yellowknife Water/Ski Drome CEN9 and CYBK Baker Lake.

Thanks Tim, all are downloaded and installed. Looking forward to seeing your work!

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]