It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Exciting Flight From Whitehorse to Anchorage
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Here is ultra gorgeous Alaskan milk run cargo hauling flight from CYXY Erik Nielsen Whitehorse International Airport located in Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada to PANC Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport 4 nautical miles southwest of downtown Anchorage, Alaska that resulted into bird strike during runway approach for landing

Full loaded and ready for pushback in middle of snowstorm at -20 degree temperature

Nice sunset glow on the plane

Nasty weather!!!

Being pushed back by airport tug

Starting engines

Taxiing to short of runway 13R amidst powerful snowstorm

Entering into runway 13R for take off via JAGIT departure

Airborne on climb to FL360 but speedometer and all gauges failed except GPS which is why you see weak climb rate while I was too busy trying to revive the failed gauges

Still doing weak climb finished passing through clouds while I was trying to revive gauges

Finally my gauges came alive and working and time for me to make course correction by turning right toward JAGIT and start powerful steep climb

Gorgeous wing view

You can see Haines Forest Resource Management Area and Lutak Inlet all the way back on left side

Gorgeous wing view of Primrose Lake and Radelet Peak area

Same view as the plane passed Primrose Lake and Radelet Peak area

Background view of Dezadeash Lake

Amazing view of sunset over Kluane National Park and Reserve of Canada

Now cruising at FL360 intercepting JAGIT with background view of Mount Logan and head to JOH

Cruising above beauty of Alaskan landscape

Intercepting JOH with background view of Prince William Sound (in front of nose), Chugach National Forest (above the words teamwork), and Port Fidalgo above Chugach National Forest and turning right to SOBGE

Still in middle of right turn above JOH toward SOBGE with background view of Gulf of Alaska

Wing view of Montague Island which is the 26th largest island in the United States, the largest uninhabited island in the United States and is well known among sport fishing where the island is nicknamed as 'The Land of the Giants' because it once produced a 350 lb halibut and many fishermen usually average catch of fish over 100 lbs per each!!

Entering into clouds during descent from FL360 to 10,000 ft intercepting SOBGE and heading to Turnagain Arm river which allows me to descent to 5,000 ft above the river while avoiding Kenai Mountains on left side and Chachug Mountains on right side

Entering river of Turnagain Arm with left wing view of Kenai mountains

You can see why I like to use Turnagain Arm river to fly and to descent to 3,000 ft on way to PANC without worrrying about very high mountains surrounding the river on both side

Reaching end of Chugach Mountains with view of Seward Highway route one running along the low side of mountain, exiting the river, and entering Cook Inlet making right turn around the end of the mountains on way to PANC runway 15

Gorgeous view of PANC and entire city of Anchorage full bathed in night city lights

wow what a view of night lights of Anchorage and its PANC airport

Flying past business district of Anchorage where you can see lake of Westchester Lagoon in front of the plane's nose

While I was busy admiring night city lights of the entire city and turned my face to look at my cockpit gauges as well as cockpit window to be sure the path was clear ahead, WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA there was a flock of birds heading straight at my plane and next thing I knew, there was a big rumble going through my plane and the instrument panel lit up like Christmas trees indicating fire on my left engine

Passing PAMR Merrill Field airport located one mile east of downtown Anchorage and is home to the University of Alaska Anchorage's Aviation Technology Division while I was busy pressing all fire suppression buttons and turning off the left engine while applying full power to right engine to keep the plane afloat

I managed to stop fire on my left engine and made successful emergency approach to land on runway 15 on one engine although too much flare but hey I could not help!

TOUCHDOWN

Darn engine reverse thrusts failed forcing me to keep trying to activate reverse thrust

Finally reverse trusts started working

Exiting into taxiway M on way to cargo areas

Darn fire restarted on my already shut down left engine!!! Time for fire trucks to show up to dowse down fire!!

Thank you for viewing!!! Stay tuned for next exciting flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: Exciting Flight From Whitehorse to Anchorage
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:09 pm 

Flying on Vatsim with failures enabled....... tisk tisk :cry:
Trying reversers with a failed engine....... :oops:
I think Aaron needs to do some reading...... :wink:

Image....Image

Post subject: Re: Exciting Flight From Whitehorse to Anchorage
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:40 pm 

Cal Jordan (CVA371) wrote:
Flying on Vatsim with failures enabled

Nope Never enable any failures on my FSX. Probably FSX default birds hitting my engine.I never fly on FSX with any failures enabled.

Trying reversers with a failed engine

Right engine was working. Was doing reverse thrust on working right engine.

:oops: I think Aaron needs to do some reading...... :wink:

you mean a book on how to shoot down flock of birds using a gun out of cockpit windows before they hit my engines?

Aharon

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]