It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:57 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Arctic Circle Cargo Hauling With Gorgeous Sunrise Landing
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Here is nice Arctic Circle cargo hauling fight from CYHK Gjoa Haven Airport 1.5 nautical miles southwest of Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, Canada to CYCB Cambridge Bay Airport located at Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, Canada.

Starting engines demonstrating DC-4 engines' muscle full of cool engine start smoke!!

Entering into runway 13 for more taxi and backtrack before take off

Airborne on climb to 10,000 ft with gorgeous sunrise and waters of James Ross Strait in background view

Cruising at 10,000 ft across King William Island

On way to Cambridge Bay crossing waters of Victoria Strait which is water body separating King William Island and Victoria Island that is eighth largest island in the world and is Canada's second largest island as well as is bigger than England

Nice sunrise

Other planes joining for the formation on way to Cambridge Bay that is largest passenger and cargo stop for cruise and research vessels traversing the Arctic Ocean's Northwest Passage!!!

Since CYCB airport has no electronic guides offering vectors and the plane is not equipped with sophisticated panel gauges, keeping visual lookout on runway is imperative and not easy as seen on the wing view showing CYCB runway 13 with red light in background

Based on visual spot of runway 13 signalling time for course correction on way to runway 13

You got to keep eye all the time on runway and not allow yourself to be enthralled and dazzled by beauty of sunrise or you will lose sight of runway as the plane continued turning toward runway 13 showing red light!!!

Flying at 3,000 ft keeping visual eye on runway 13 before making left turn for final runway approach

Time for final runway approach to get ready for landing!!

Gorgeous wing view of sunrise, runway approach, and waters of Cambridge Bay

Cockpit view of runway approach and gorgeous sunrise. Tough to pick which one to keep eyes on:):)

Seconds from touchdown on runway 13 while the other plane was waiting for its turn to land

Braking down on super icy runway

Cockpit view of exiting from runway 13 into passenger/cargo apron

Wing view of taxiing on passenger/cargo apron

Wing view of plane turning right to make full stop at passenger/cargo apron to unload

Parked at the apron

Sorry but cannot help staring at sunrise while being parked unloading and loading

Finished loading up while the other full loaded plane took off for Yellowknife Airport

Starting and flexing engine muscles with cool engine start smoke

Thank you for viewing. Please stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: Arctic Circle Cargo Hauling With Gorgeous Sunrise Landin
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Its too bad you did not use a CVA painted aircraft for these pictures instead of a paint for a rival VA. It would have been an excellent advertising tool since you also posted these on the Avsim screenshot forum.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:05 pm 

cva3906 wrote:
Its too bad you did not use a CVA painted aircraft for these pictures instead of a paint for a rival VA. It would have been an excellent advertising tool since you also posted these on the Avsim screenshot forum.

Chuck,

Excuse me??????? Are you saying that any airline paint I get from avsim, flightsim, simivation, and surclaro websites full of download offerrings for zillions of airline liveries is considered TO YOU as rival VA???????? You sound like I am forbidden to use any airline livery from avsim, flightsim, simivation, and surclaro websites.

If I post screenshots of 767 with First Air livery, you will consider it as rival VA??? If I post 747 with EL AL livery, you would consider it as rival VA?? If I post screenshots of defunct TWA L1011s, you would consider it as rival VA???? I do not think so!!!

This is CANADA themed flights and Canada mood!!!!

Also, I post screenshots on many many aviation forums because I want to share my joy of flying and my hard work of creating and editing screenshots with rest of the world.

Also I do not discuss what virtual airlines I fly for. And I NEVER NEVER NEVER post screenshots of any livery BEARING WEB ADDRESS of rival VA. I use ONLY real world airlines's liveries or fictional liveries that have no ties with any VAs.

If famous Barry likes to post screenshots of Air Yukon 737s, do you consider it rival VA too??? I do not think so!!!

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Wow....

Didn't mean to offend anyone....

Sorry... :?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 pm 

No problem

I just got upset by your statement hence my strong reply.

Aharon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:44 pm 

i think Chuck was talking about The Buffalo DC-4 as being associated with Buffalo Airways Virtual and was wondering why you would use a Buffalo DC-4 when CVA also got a DC-4.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]