It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: CVA flight 0006
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:06 pm 

Well first my apologies, I wanted to fly in the multi last night but flying offline doesn't really count or add to the enjoyment of flying online with other participants in a multi event so I'll have to wait until I get my FSInn working so I can be added to the count!

And now we have an historic moment in CVA history! Float plane routes! A big big thank you to Frank for adding the new routes.(Frank, I have the whole list of every seaplane base in FSX if you want to add more routes! :roll: :wink: )

Anyways back on subject:

I flew CVA-0006 this morning flying the OZx grumman goose in CVA colours that I've been working on.
(If anyone thinks I'm being mean for not sharing my repaints trust me, I've been trying to get them uploaded to the user edits section for months!) Anyways some pictures for your amusement.

FSX loaded, CVACars loaded, Plan-G loaded,

Quick check in the "Aerodrome" window of Plan-G as I've never actually flown into CYWH before:

I really wanted to see this bird with the gears down so I actually flew from Pitt Meadows (CYPK) which is a nice airport decked out by the folks at Orbx to CYWH(And really should be added as a CVA route):

First sea trials (well actually lake trials) just outside of Pitt:

Another shot at Pitt just to show the amazing attention to detail the OZx guys put into this plane:

Leaving Vancouver:

At Victoria Harbour:

Edit: Just adding a link to a video showing the CVA goose taking off from CYWH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZq5wCuhlIw
Hope you enjoyed!
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject: Re: CVA flight 0006
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:34 am 

Real nice. I never noticed the side floats when I was using the FSX Goose. Maybe I never looked. And FSX shows the wake for them too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:31 am 

awesome, just watched the video and that makes me want to get Full FSX Even More, is it just me or do the waves on the water really effect Takeoff? in the video it sounded like you hit some waves trying to take off.

Last edited by Lord Letto on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:53 am 

Lord Letto wrote:
awesome, just watched the video and that makes me want to get Full FSX Even More, is it just me or do the waves on the water really effect Takeoff? in the video it sounded like you hit some waves trying to take off.

The default goose comes with either the deluxe version or acceleration I'm not sure but then again I'm not even sure you have to worry about that as this is the OZx version. I can't remember if it installed a full package or not. Something you could easily check on google though.
Yes the takeoff depends on the water. Most of the floats I tried out are usually hard to maneuver in the water the goose is just the opposite, it goes crazy. :D

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
Real nice. I never noticed the side floats when I was using the FSX Goose. Maybe I never looked. And FSX shows the wake for them too.

I think they may work Rob they just don't have a keyboard shortcut by default and I haven't seen the mechanism in the VC that operates them so it can't be that easy to find.

Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:29 am 

CVA0319 wrote:
I flew CVA-0006 this morning flying the OZx grumman goose in CVA colours that I've been working on.
(If anyone thinks I'm being mean for not sharing my repaints trust me, I've been trying to get them uploaded to the user edits section for months!)

If it's not too much trouble, you could upload them to AVSIM.

Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 am 

Quote:
If anyone thinks I'm being mean for not sharing my repaints trust me, I've been trying to get them uploaded to the user edits section for months

There has been nothin happening at the CVAAE for probably 10 to 12 months now. guess everyone is too busy. Check back next year..... :lol:

Image....Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:17 am 

cva1077 wrote:
CVA0319 wrote:
(If anyone thinks I'm being mean for not sharing my repaints trust me, I've been trying to get them uploaded to the user edits section for months!)

If it's not too much trouble, you could upload them to AVSIM.

Ryan

Upload my paints to the real world? Are they ready for that?

Seriously though, mostly all I have done are the default FSX planes, a couple of land vehicles for exploring the Orbx scenery and a few other odds and ends. I still think they are better off tucked away in the user edits section but I guess Avsim is something to keep in mind.

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

Cal Jordan (CVA371) wrote:
Quote:
If anyone thinks I'm being mean for not sharing my repaints trust me, I've been trying to get them uploaded to the user edits section for months

There has been nothin happening at the CVAAE for probably 10 to 12 months now. guess everyone is too busy. Check back next year..... :lol:

I heard ya loud and clear :D

Gary - Send me email directly with the repaints and I will start posting them up in the User Edits section (as I just did recently with a couple of repaints that Frank sent me).

Apologies to all for this.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:43 pm 

CVA7769 wrote:
Gary - Send me email directly with the repaints and I will start posting them up in the User Edits section (as I just did recently with a couple of repaints that Frank sent me).

Apologies to all for this.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

Darryl,
As luck would have it I'm swamped at work right now with no end in sight. I'll try to finish off the odds and ends that I've started neglecting over the last few months and package some more off as I get the time. Hopefully over the next month or 2 we'll have them all up!

In the meantime, I'd like to let everybody know how much I appreciate Frank's, Chuck's, and your work in getting them up. If the rest of the CVA gang knew how much you and Frank got behind this project, in particular how you and he decided that the lear was such an important release for CVA that you guys actually borrowed from the CVA pilots pension plan to publicize it I'm sure they'd all be thrilled!

To the CVA gang of pilots.....
A picture of Big Dog and Machine Gun showing off *MY* work on tour in Lost Wages Nevada........

Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:16 am 

Rob Vanderkam wrote:

in the default FSX Goose, there is a switch on the 2D overhead Panel for the wing floats. to bring up the panel in the VC or another view, the shortcut is Shift & 6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:34 am 

Lord Letto wrote:
in the default FSX Goose, there is a switch on the 2D overhead Panel for the wing floats. to bring up the panel in the VC or another view, the shortcut is Shift & 6

You can assign a keyboard shortcut to it as well under: Settings>"other settings" Controls>Buttons/Keys(tab) then scroll down under the "Event" column until you find "Floats (extend)" and "Floats (retract)" I know the OZx Goose didn't assign any shortcuts for it by default but they may already be there for the default Goose.

Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]