It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: CVA Multi-Event Dated January 14,2012
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Here is nice Air Transat L1011 flight from CYWG Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada to CYYZ Toronto Pearson International Airport also known as Lester B. Pearson International Airport located 14 miles northwest of downtown Toronto, Canada to participate in special fund raising charity event for Canadian Cancer Society as seen on specific information on this link: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=60097

The flight ended with most bizarre landing that will be described later in middle of screenshot flight report.

Disconnecting from jetway and waiting for clearance for pushback and engine start

After starting engines now waiting for clearance to taxi to short of runway 18

Crossing runway 07 for more taxiing to short of runway 18

Still taxiing

Entering into runway 18 for take off

Airborne on climb to FL350 with background view of Corydon Avenue or route 95 just exactly below the jet engine and Grant Avenue or route 105 just below the passenger door

Making left turn at 3,000 ft to head to intercept DEGVA on way to YHD in middle of climb to FL350 with background view of Route 155 better known as McGillvray Blvd that goes vertically across the screenshot and if you see the curved road above the last letter T of the airline name on the plane, that will be Scurfield Blvd

Climbing toward DEGVA leaving entire view of CYWG in back

Still climbing to FL350 now at FL200 intercepting DEGVA and heading to YHD

Cruising across frozen Canadian snow landscape intercepting YHD and heading to TRUDY

Intercepting TRUDY and heading to YXZ while approaching Lake Superior which is the world's third-largest freshwater lake by volume bounded to the north by the Canadian province of Ontario and the U.S. state of Minnesota, and to the south by the U.S. states of Wisconsin and Michigan.

Wing view of Lake Superior

Cruising across Lake Superior making me wish that Bill Gate and his software developers should have thought of turning water into frozen ice during winters for FSX!!!

Approaching eastern end of Lake Superior which means intercepting YXZ and then turn to south toward Toronto via J525 to YMS

On descent from FL350 to 10,000 ft now at 10,000 ft to intercept YMS and to start executing MANS2 arrival toward runway 05 while being informed by CYYZ CTR that I would expect ILS 05

Under orders from some CYYZ APP controller to fly past CYYZ and then turn right to head to west while descenting from 10,000 ft to 4,000 ft

Flying through clouds at 5,000 ft in middle of descent to 4,000 ft

Turning left toward CYYZ runway 05 being descent from 4,000 ft to 3,000 ft with clearance to approach to runway 05 issued by some CYYZ APP

That is when bizarre thing started. While on perfect approach to runway 05 which looked clear to me, I got call from CYYZ APP asking me if I could change quickly from runway 05 to runway 06L. I thought to myself wondering it it was legal and allowed not only by Vatsim regulations but also by Canada version of America's FAA to do that at last minute while on approach to runway. I said no problem and scrambled to reprogram GPS to change from runway 05 to runway 06L resulting into cool fancy tight maneuver turning right to heading 150 to position for final runway approach to runway 06L. I asked CYYZ APP why and he or she said "traffic". When I got on final path to runway 06L and saw there was a plane on that runway, I thought to myself "huh huh??" with wonder why I was switched from unbusy runway 05 to busy runway 06L while being ordered by CYYZ APP to change frequency to CYYZ TWR that resulted into this conversation:

Aharon: Good evening Runway 06L in visual now

CYYZ: Good evening Clear for runway 06L. Continue your path to runway. You are number one. There is plane on runway starting take off. Clear to land

Aharon: Affirm to clearance to land on runway 06L

And while my plane was gliding down toward runway, I was totally baffled that the plane on runway 06L was not moving or not doing anything. So I continued my glide down path toward the runway until I got call from CYYZ TWR: "pull out pull out go to heading 100 and climb to 4000 ft Do it immediately." I was amused and baffled but followed his emergency instructions making emergency right turn to heading 100 and to climb to 4000 ft only to keep receiving same order twice again from CYYZ TWR who apparently thought I was not following orders yet I was doing heading 100 while climbing to 4000 ft. Then I got emergency message from some CYYZ APP asking me to change to his frequency immediately. Oh great and I did only to find out CYYZ APP gave me orders to climb to FL230. I thought "huh?????" I said I am heading to CYYZ from CYWG and I am not going anywhere or am not taking off from CYYZ" His reply was "oh I see Sorry It was not TWR's fault. It was some newbie's fault for not knowing how to take off from runway. Let me giving you new orders to get you back into path to runway 06L"

And I went into two circles as seen below before finally heading to runway 06L with hope that there would be no more snafus

Yes sun was setting while I was executing lots of emergency turns above nice view of Lake Ontario at CYYZ APP's orders to avoid crowded airspace

Wing view of Lake Ontario in middle of emergency manuevers

Finally no more bizarre as seconds from touchdown on runway 06L

TOUCHDOWN

Front landing gear gliding slowly in graceful manner to make ground contact

Braking down on slippery icy runway is not easy!!!

Exiting from runway to taxi to gates

Arrived at the gate while other two planes were taxiing to runways for take off. One was flight number AFR351 departing for LFPG Charles-De-Gaulle. The other one flight number ETD140 was bounded for Dhabi

More planes arrived at gates

Thank you for viewing!!! Stay tuned for next exciting flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]