It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:55 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: CVA flight 1003 (snow dog scenery)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:33 am 

Well everybody probably knows by now that CVA0319 got himself stuck in Alaska flying the Aerosoft twin otter float plane with all kinds of acronyms (GEX, REX, UTX, etc, etc) All great fun and eye candy galore but tonight I tried to get out of the float plane and back into a CVA endorsed aircraft so I loaded up FSX with the Premier aircraft DHC-6 decked out in CVA colours and flew flight number 1003 (part of the Pan American charter). One of the scenery packages I installed recently was the "Snow Dog Tours"(SDT) scenery and was I ever tickled when I started 1003 at Deadhorse Airport (PASC), for freeware scenery SDT looked fantastic! With its flickering flames in barrel fires and flapping flags in the breeze SDT added the ambiance that FSX lacks in smaller airports not only in Alaska but pretty much around the globe......

Starting out at the gate in Deadhorse:

The passengers first view of the CVA DHC-6:

Everybody boarded!:

Pulling out:

The Deadhorse Airport staff gives us a cheery goodbye as they eat their lunch at the picnic tables:

The friendliness of the SDT ground crew at Umiat Airport (PAUM) was overwhelming! Soon as they saw the Canadian Virtual colours they rolled out the Red Carpet, insisting that we park the CVA twotter in their hanger:

The twotter parked in the SDT hanger and all our CVA guests safely disembarked:

A final glance over the shoulder to ensure the safety of our beloved CVA twotter before we head out to see the local sites...

Thanx for tuning in!
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]