It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:55 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Flight Number CVA5638 From CYUL To KIAD
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:58 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Here is nice flight from CYUL Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport formerly known as Montréal-Dorval International Airport located on the Island of Montreal 20 km (12 mi) from Montreal's downtown core to KIAD Washington Dulles International Airport in Dulles, Virginia, 26 miles (41.6 km) west of the central business district of Washington, D.C. to participate in Vatsim's Washington Center's Wednesday Nights Event hosted by KIAD and KDCA controllers

Passengers boarding mighty DC-10-30

Being pushbacked by pushback tractor

Taxiing toward short of CYUL runway 24L

Holding short of runway 24L awaiting for take off clearance from control tower

You can see in background a MD-11 taxiing toward to hold position behind my plane. I never knew that this plane would follow my plane all the way to KIAD in flying formation flying behind my plane!!

Entering into runway 24L for take off via BUGSY departure while the MD-11 was positioning on runway 24L to get ready for take off

Airbone on climb to FL340 heading to BUGSY

Still climbing

Wow snowy landscape

Still climbing to FL340 now at FL200

Cruising at FL340

Intercepting BUGSY and turning left toward ALB

Cruising at FL340 past KLKP Lake Placid Airport airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) southeast of the central business district of Lake Placid village in the Town of North Elba, Essex County, New York

Cruising past Lake George nicknamed the Queen of American Lakes which is a long, narrow oligotrophic lake draining northwards into Lake Champlain and the St. Lawrence River Drainage basin located at the southeast base of the Adirondack Mountains in northern New York

Flying past KSCH Schenectady County Airport located three miles (5 km) north of the city of Schenectady in Schenectady County, New York and home to Richmor Aviation, Fortune Air, the 109th Airlift Wing (109 AW) of the New York Air National Guard, and the Empire State Aerosciences Museum

Flying past city of Albany and its KALB Albany International Airport

Cruising past Stewart International Airport located west of Newburgh, New York in the southern Hudson Valley 60 miles (88.5 km) north of New York City and 15 miles (23 km) southwest of Poughkeepsie, New York

Flying past KABE Lehigh Valley International Airport formerly Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton International Airport in Hanover Township, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania

Making left turn for final approach to KIAD runway 1C

Moments from touchdown

TOUCHDOWN

Braking down on icy runway

Exiting into taxiway K5 on way to terminal gate

Making sharp right turn into taxiway K toward gate

Taxiing to gate

Arrived at gate 20 while jetway was starting to raise to connect to the plane's door

The same MD-11 plane that left CYUL behind me arrived at gate seconds later after landing on runway 1R via parallel landing

Few minutes later, more planes arriving

Thank you for viewing my flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]