It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD DO FOR MULTI EVENT 12/11/10
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:06 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Here is nice flight by Fokker 100 with 650 Tray engines from KLAX Los Angeles international airport to KGCN Grand Canyon National Park Airport located in Tusayan, Arizona near Grand Canyon National Park seven miles (11 km) from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon showing gorgeous and scenic desert landscape!!!

Taxiing to short of runway 24L of KLAX

Look at CVA199's (Rob) plane being boarded by passengers in background

Holding position on runway 24L awaiting take off clearance from KLAX airport control tower while CVA199 pilot named Rob was busy trying to evict a unruly drunk passenger from his plane

On climb to FL290 on way to SLI Seal Beach waypoint after take off

Climbing while passing Long Beach, CA

Intercepting SLI over KSLI Los Alamitos Army Airfield located one mile (2 km) southeast of central Los Alamitos within its city limits in Orange County, California and heading to TRM via TUSTI and HEMET

Cruising at FL290 past KNZJ Marine Corps Air Station El Toro located near Irvine, California

Nice background view of Pacific Ocean

Passing city of Thermal, California 20 miles (32 km) southeast of Palm Springs to intercept TRM and head to EED and PGS

Approaching city of Palms Spring and its Palm Springs International Airport located two miles (3 km) east of the central business district (CBD) of Palm Springs, California

Passing the city and its airport

Intercepting TRM over KUDD Bermuda Dunes Airport located 13 miles (21 km) east of Palm Springs, serving Riverside County, California

Passing Salton Sea which is a saline, endorheic rift lake located directly on the San Andreas Fault in California's Border Region and occupies the lowest elevations of the Salton Sink in the Colorado Desert of Imperial and Riverside Counties in Southern California below sea level of 226 ft

Scenic view of desert

Intercepting EED and passing KEED Needles Airport located five nautical miles (9 km) south of the central business district of Needles in San Bernardino County, California

Descending to 10,000 ft over city of Kingman and its Kingman Airport located eight nautical miles (15 km) northeast of the central business district of Kingman, a city in Mohave County, Arizona

Approaching scenic Grand Caynon!!!!!! Enjoy different views!!

Moments from touchdown on runway 03. I never expect the airport to be full of snow!!!! Never knew it could snow in desert!!

TOUCHDOWN

Braking down on super icy runway

Exiting from runway 03 into taxiway C toward terminal gate

Arrived at gate to drop off passengers and opening engine covers to remove some desert vultures that hit my left engine

Nice video of SUPER SMOOTH landing by FOKKER 100 on the return trip to KLAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWXve-zAIqg

Thank you for viewing. Please stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD DO FOR MULTI EVENT 12/11/10
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

You Aharon...in a Fokker 100? Where are the monster engines? Next you will be posting pics of a flight in a Piper Cub!! :P :lol:

What model is that?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:34 pm 

Shalom Chuck,

Well the event called for class 2 and what could I do?? Smiling You know you cannot expect me to break CVA rules concerning requirement of specific class:):)

I would never fly in props:):):)

This is latest version of freeware Project Fokker 100 with 650 Tray engines (you can see that this plane is using new shiny engines)

I did try to use CVA's own Project Fokker 100 with CVA livery but this did not work in my FSX. The CVA plane kept hopping like rabbit so I guess it must be older version that was not compatible with FSX.

So I used the latest version of Project Fokker 100 with Tray 650 engines and found appropriate livery that was strictly Canadian based and themed to maintain Canadian flavor for this flight.

Aharon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Aharon likes that new little Fokker. He used to be a Big Fokker kind of guy, but now he's a little Fokker instead.

:mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:22 pm 

Darryl,

Nah I am still 777-200LR person as stated on my CVA signature:):):):)

I would recommend to all of you latest version of freeware Project Fokker 100 with Tray 650 engines. It flies very good and handles nicely!!!

I also tested another small jet passenger airline plane too in past events and will post screenshots later. I have too many screenshots piling up in my laptop waiting to be published!!

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:57 am 
Site Admin

I wasn't aware that the Project Fokker F100 panel would work in FSX? Does it or do you have it aliased to something else?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:17 pm 

Chuck,

I resorted to the sin of aliasing to FSX default 738 panel :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regardless of the panel, it flies nicely!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]