It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:27 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Some of our people here have been filling out the load count information wrong in the FSACARS window. I want you all to know that this number in this feild represents amount of passengers onboard, not the amount of weight. I have been going through some pireps and have notice some big problems when you see "Load Counts of 31600 passengers on a B737-800" Please help me by filling this out properly becasue it messes with the revenue of the flight.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:30 pm 

No problem

Would it be good idea if you create a sticky locked post showing list of passenger planes of official CVA fleet and each plane's full load passenger count so that we CVA pilots can use that sticky post as source of reference when filling in the number of passengers in FSCARS flight reports?

Also, a list of cargo planes and their official full load cargo weight count in the same sticky post would be gratefully appreciated so that we CVA pilots can strive for most accurate flight reporting as possible as we can.

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:49 pm 

Aharon wrote:
No problem

Would it be good idea if you create a sticky locked post showing list of passenger planes of official CVA fleet and each plane's full load passenger count so that we CVA pilots can use that sticky post as source of reference when filling in the number of passengers in FSCARS flight reports?

Also, a list of cargo planes and their official full load cargo weight count in the same sticky post would be gratefully appreciated so that we CVA pilots can strive for most accurate flight reporting as possible as we can.

Regards,

Aharon

That sounds like a good idea, actually. I tend to just look up the official specs, but a quick reference guide would help quite a few people.

CFB Edmonton, Edmonton, AB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:23 pm 

I haven't flown in a while, but doesn't FSacars automatically populate the passenger flight?

I don't remember if the cargo load gets automatically populated when we chose a cargo airplane. I rarely fly those.

I thought we weren't supposed to mess with those fields in the first place.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

CVA0014 wrote:
I haven't flown in a while, but doesn't FSacars automatically populate the passenger flight?

I don't remember if the cargo load gets automatically populated when we chose a cargo airplane. I rarely fly those.

I thought we weren't supposed to mess with those fields in the first place.

Yes it does populate the passengers.

No it does not populate the cargo.

And the idea to not mess with it is because it works well without messing with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:55 pm 

I was always under the impression that we weren't supposed to touch the amount of passengers, altough lately I have started to add some cargo, and it hasn't seemed to mess up any of my pireps. I do carry cargo on most of my flights so this would be more accurate and more profitable for the VA if Im able to include it :D

Frank if me adding cargo is a problem I'll stop but so far it hasn't hurt anything from what I can tell.

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:05 am 
Site Admin

mattymsboi wrote:
I was always under the impression that we weren't supposed to touch the amount of passengers, altough lately I have started to add some cargo, and it hasn't seemed to mess up any of my pireps. I do carry cargo on most of my flights so this would be more accurate and more profitable for the VA if Im able to include it :D

Frank if me adding cargo is a problem I'll stop but so far it hasn't hurt anything from what I can tell.

-Matt

Load has no affect on the pireps and is irrelevant to the cost calculations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:23 am 

If you put cargo in FSacars to match what you have in FS, it affects the fuel you burn, so indirectly it does affect finances.

I use the Level-D 767 and I have it set to randomly generate overall load. I try to set the passengers to match FSacars, when I remember.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:11 am 

I was setting the passenger load-out and cargo to the same load I was given in FSPassengers. but I still send the FSacars data in because FSPassenger doesn't send the correct aircraft to the CVA log. is it okay to use realistic loads, or stick to what is given? as long as we aren't flying 87592 passengers in that baron58 ( Little over weight on the take off, and where do you put the baggage for that many people....... I know, in the baggage compartment.

Image....Image

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]