It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:37 am 

I think FSacars is the culprit but not sure.

I understand that when filing a flight, fsacars sends all the information to the CVA site.
It seems that my flights are showing up a day or two later in the pireps, but the pending line is not showing up right away and also on the home page the flight never shows up there . I notice that other flights are showing up.

I'm guessing there might be a set up that I missed in fsacars.

Any Help?

Norm :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:24 am 
Site Admin

NorWal wrote:
I think FSacars is the culprit but not sure.

I understand that when filing a flight, fsacars sends all the information to the CVA site.
It seems that my flights are showing up a day or two later in the pireps, but the pending line is not showing up right away and also on the home page the flight never shows up there . I notice that other flights are showing up.

I'm guessing there might be a set up that I missed in fsacars.

Any Help?

Norm :(

Hi Norm,

1) Did you download and install FSAcars from our downloads page?

2) Did you read the quick start guide for getting FSAcars setup / installed?

3) Did you download and install the config files from your pilot center?

4) What version of operating system are you running?

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:13 pm 

Hi Darryl. Well I started with the fsacars from the site and it did not work so I downloaded one from somewhere else with a key and it loads and works fine. Its version 4.0.15.
I went through the quick start guide,
And the downloads from the pilot page.

I'm using windows 7 with not too much problems at all.

Norm ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

NorWal wrote:
Hi Darryl. Well I started with the fsacars from the site and it did not work so I downloaded one from somewhere else with a key and it loads and works fine. Its version 4.0.15.
I went through the quick start guide,
And the downloads from the pilot page.

I'm using windows 7 with not too much problems at all.

Norm ???

Hi Norm,

Ok, first - you need to use our CVA download as it is 4.0.1.5 already and is setup for our VA. For Windows 7 I had similar problems so created this post in another thread. Read below and follow the instructions (you may want to copy / paste them to notepad and print them out).

Here is what I'd recommend in the following order:

1) Uninstall FSAcars completely and then download the installer from our website again (under the Downloads page, under Utilities). Extract the .exe file to a temporary folder somewhere on your hard drive for installation in a bit...

2) Even though you have administrator privileges you may still be having issues with Windows 7 User Access Control (UAC). Go into the Control Panel and under User Accounts look where you can turn off UAC for your username. Vista will complain about not wanting you to do this but it will make life a lot easier for installs. Once you do this, you will need to reboot for the settings to take effect. When your system reboots - ignore the complaining about turning it back on :)

3) Run the FSAcars install now (ignore the instructions in the readme.txt file that was included with it as we have not yet updated the installer. There is no need to modify the cva.ini file) and let it install normally. I believe on Windows 7 64 bit installation it will install to C:\ Program Files(x86)\fsacars. If not, It should be in the normal C:\Program Files\fsacars.

4) Once the install has completed, navigate to the fsacars directory as mentioned above. First - DELETE 2 files - CVA.ini, and CVAplanes.txt. Once deleted, go to the CVA website and login to your pilot center.

5) Download the FSACARS Config file (cva.ini) file from the pilot center (under the section called ACARS Config) to your desktop, then copy the file over to the fscars directory (sometimes Windows Windows 7 does not like you downloading directly to the Program files directory even though it looks like it did successfully hence the download to desktop, then copy into the folder).

6) Download the CVA Planes text file (CVAplanes.zip) file from the pilot center (under the section called ACARS Config) to your desktop As this is a zipped file, you will first need to double click the zip file and then you will see the .txt file inside of it. Right click this file and choose Copy, then go to the fsacars folder mentioned in #3 above, paste the CVAplanes.txt file here.

At this point you can try to run Flight Simulator. It may complain about needing to register a number of files and choose run or yes to all of them.

Once completed this will "hopefully" have your FSAcars installed correctly and give it another go. Let us know how you make out.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:28 pm 

Hello Darryl... Yes many thanks for the help... It took me a few days to test this out. Mainly because I got all mixed up with the first multi I flew. Too many controllers and other CVA pilots. Oh well everthing went well.

Today I did onother flight to test this out and everything just works perfectly.

I guess if you persiveer long enuf things will eventually sort themselves out.

I'm not use to flying, I have just repaired aircraft for the past 45 years and kept them aloft.
Again Many thanks.
C U in the Air
Norm :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:26 pm 

NorWal wrote:
...I have just repaired aircraft for the past 45 years and kept them aloft....

Including that beast in your photo icon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:06 am 

Thats the one's I've been repairing over the last 45 years. RCAF plus NWI,CAE,SPAR and 3lcom(SPAR) until they close house.
Now its golf in summer and flying in winter
Norm :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:29 am 

Did you work for North West, Norm?

Cheers Bill

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]