It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:49 am 

Hi,
Well, I'm pretty sure I installed exactly as was noted, and copied the two files (planes and ini)
but when I fire up fsacars and select my company (canadian virtual airlines) the utility starts as I would expect but then I get a dialog stating "fs crash. do you want to resume log?" If I choose yes it (dialog) just reappears, if I choose no I just get into config/options mode. Any help greatly appreciated
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:54 am 
Site Admin

You do not have the FSUIPC module installed. There is a pinned topic in this forum called Quick Start Guide. I believe there is a link to Peter Dowson's site where you can download FSUIPC. You do not have to purchase a registration key for it, the free version will suffice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:41 pm 

Sorry, I should have added some of the things I've tried. As well as installing FSUIPC I also found the update to fsacars to make it ver. 4.0.15 and went into windows control panel to unblock the program with windows firewall but I still get the "fs crash" message. Is there something I can do to verify the FSUIPC install? I'm on a windows vista 64 bit computer if that means anything.
Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

CVA0319 wrote:
Sorry, I should have added some of the things I've tried. As well as installing FSUIPC I also found the update to fsacars to make it ver. 4.0.15 and went into windows control panel to unblock the program with windows firewall but I still get the "fs crash" message. Is there something I can do to verify the FSUIPC install? I'm on a windows vista 64 bit computer if that means anything.
Gary

Hi Gary,

When you mention you found the update to FSAcars....does that mean that you did not download the official FSAcars version from our website download section? We have a special install version on our website that is to be used only as it auto configures a few settings and you pilot information.

Please confirm.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:32 pm 

Hi Darryl
Yes I can confirm I'm using the special CVA version and also that applying the update left all the CVA settings installed (verified pilot number in ini and planes file) But more importantly I'm glad to say that after a bit of stumbling I stumbled on the fact that running fsacars as "administrator" in Vista has resolved the issue! This may have been mentioned in the instructions but I do have a habit of stumbling.......
Being relatively new to the online experience I'm hoping the CVA Big Dog / Head Cheese won't punt me from the airline before I actually build up the nerve to attempt a first flight, trying to figure out the procedures and etiquettes of contacting an ATC is un-nerving
Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:55 pm 

Hi Gary, the Big Dog here is a pussy cat. No worry there.

Are you trying to go whole hog and go online with VATSIM at the same time as with FSAcars? I do that but it won't hurt you to get each of them working separately before trying it all together.

Let us know if you have any problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:47 am 

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the offer I'm probably going to need lots of help sooner or later. My first thoughts were to indeed patch everything together at once and head right into vatsim but I'm thinking now that my first "flights" will be between me and my computer.
At least until I get a bit more comfortable with all this.
As for any problems, I seem to have the basics set up and working. FUISPC, ServInfo, Fsacars, Squawkbox, and a few other little extras (Plan-G)
I'm wondering if anybody has any tips on good add-ons or resources that they might be interested in sharing?
Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:52 am 
Site Admin

CVA0319 wrote:
Hi Darryl
Yes I can confirm I'm using the special CVA version and also that applying the update left all the CVA settings installed (verified pilot number in ini and planes file) But more importantly I'm glad to say that after a bit of stumbling I stumbled on the fact that running fsacars as "administrator" in Vista has resolved the issue! This may have been mentioned in the instructions but I do have a habit of stumbling.......
Being relatively new to the online experience I'm hoping the CVA Big Dog / Head Cheese won't punt me from the airline before I actually build up the nerve to attempt a first flight, trying to figure out the procedures and etiquettes of contacting an ATC is un-nerving
Gary

LOL :D

No worries and glad you were able to get the problems sorted out. Vista has been the bane of our existence for some time now :D

Fortunately I upgraded to Windows 7 just last night and I'm hoping for some better results (when I find the time to actually get in a flight or 2).

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]