It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:49 pm 

I thought I posted this once but it didn't show up??
I got an email about my logs having to be fixed and was told to read the Quick Start Guide, I did this and see it says to bid on flights and use the aircraft listed for that flight, down further in the Start Guide explanation the person says they changed the aircraft OPPS??!! and they had to fix it on the flight after the flight. NOW in the Pinned Fourm "NewWebsite/FSAcars" if your read down the person says don't change anything EXCEPT you may change the Flight Level. AIRCRAFT and the ROUTE.
So who is correct,???

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

cva563 wrote:
I thought I posted this once but it didn't show up??
I got an email about my logs having to be fixed and was told to read the Quick Start Guide, I did this and see it says to bid on flights and use the aircraft listed for that flight, down further in the Start Guide explanation the person says they changed the aircraft OPPS??!! and they had to fix it on the flight after the flight. NOW in the Pinned Fourm "NewWebsite/FSAcars" if your read down the person says don't change anything EXCEPT you may change the Flight Level. AIRCRAFT and the ROUTE.
So who is correct,???

Hi Burton,

The problem stems from pilots not having downloaded the current CVA Planes.txt file and also choosing the aircraft in their FSAcars Flight Plan Screen.

If they follow the flight bidding process correctly then all of the "primary information" will be listed in the flight plan automatically. We do not want pilots to change these things as it effects the reporting to the new website tracking system. HOWEVER....things than can be changed are:

- Flight Level
- Aircraft Type
- Route Information

In fact - pilots SHOULD choose the appropriate aircraft type when starting FSAcars from the dropdown menu. If your specific aircraft is not listed you SHOULD NOT manually type in an aircraft type (i.e. Beach, B737, etc) as it flags in our system as incorrect which is why you may receive an email regarding this. Rather, you should choose the closest aircraft to the one you are flying.

An example may be if you were flying a Dash8 but did not know which series (i.e. Dash8-400 series). We currently have selections for Dash 8 200, 300, and 400 series (DH82, DH83, DH84) you could select any one of these as it would be close to what you actually flew.

We do not have every single plane / type listed in our options as the planes listed reflect the ones primarily (if not all) that we have in our fleet / livery for. We realize there are other aircraft out there, some very good payware or otherwise and as time goes on more options will be added. When this happens we will post a note in the forums about the new CVA Planes.txt file being updated and for pilots to download it.

Hope this helps clarify the problems but again the new Quick Start Guide should be referred to for any clarification.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Edited By CVA7769 on 1246975065

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:09 pm 

Thanks that clears it up so I can sub the Dash 7 for the DC4 which is a difficult craft to fly at the best of my time s ha
Ok so bid then start FSAcars and change aircraft
I have re downloaded all the FSAcars stuff as well Great
thanks

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]